Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate 80's/90's Nostalgia Show Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Gladiators for me because as a hot brunette with bulging abs, double d breasts and a 26” waist it just made me feel validated

Gladiators FTW for reasons outlined above although the FP is a worthy finalist too for scenes such as this

The odd time it got serious it would hit you right in the feels

• Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Actually, it was “night” that was incorrect. The **** was implied.

Also, you spelled “spelled” incorrectly.

"Spelled" is always used in American English. "Spelt" and "spelled" are both acceptable on this side of the pond.

Alas, this isn't "Spelling With Mongs" so I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The battle between normal humans and steroid-enhanced monsters for me please.

Gladiators. It was one of the best things on the tv.

Now I’m back to watching children in need in my Pudsey onesie.

Oh, crackerjack starts back next week too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Fresh Prince ... rare to have sisters & brothers watch the same programme (back in the day)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gladiators for me because as a hot brunette with bulging abs, double d breasts and a 26” waist it just made me feel validated

You too huh?

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Gladiators again.
    They were such celebrities and there was always tabloid news on them on the off season and new characters every year (after one had been caught on a coke binge or having been taking Roids).
    Also there were great spin offs such as International Gladiators and 'celebrity gladiators' and christmas specials.
    I remember Vinnie Jones getting chased up the wall by Jet and wishing I was him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Typical. A tournament that was originally supposed to be about cartoons and only included some live action shows to make up the numbers ends with a cartoonless final.

Fresh Prince

Hilary > Jet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Gladiators for the win because it is making me feel more nostalgic

And for Jet :pac:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Certain people in 2019 - 'Don't be ridiculous, looks don't matter and women aren't judged by them'
    Same people - 'Let's vote for this ridiculous program because of how that particular lovely girl looked'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

She even looked great wearing a head-guard and a safety harness

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,669 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Certain people in 2019 - 'Don't be ridiculous, looks don't matter and women aren't judged by them'
    Same people - 'Let's vote for this ridiculous program because of how that particular lovely girl looked'

Well it's hard to vote for the Fresh Prince due to bad parenting where his mother shipped him 3000 miles to his uncle's because of a school yard fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Gladiators. It really was unmissable tv every week, you’d talk about it in school on Monday, as someone else said they were “celebrities” before reality tv was a thing and you’d follow stories about them in the tabloids. I even remember my favourite ever contestant, Eunice Huthart, who ended up joining up to the show as a gladiator (Blaze) and later became a Hollywood stunt double.

Never mind Jet and her ludicrously toned body.

It was a willennium ago, but Fresh Prince is still...fresh. Even with Carlton being a jive ass square. I totally relate to the fish out of water element, though I've never been abandoned on the doorstep of an affluent black family.

Fresh Prince all the way to the Hollywood hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Gladiators gets my vote. Great Saturday evening viewing. Great music, great games, great characters. The final was usually pretty dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Jet is going to win the TV show tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Gladiators. It really was unmissable tv every week, you’d talk about it in school on Monday, as someone else said they were “celebrities” before reality tv was a thing and you’d follow stories about them in the tabloids. I even remember my favourite ever contestant, Eunice Huthart, who ended up joining up to the show as a gladiator (Blaze) and later became a Hollywood stunt double.

Eunice and Wesley “Two Scoops” Berry we’re heroes.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

You know what, whatever happens, I think I’ve found my people. We all clearly endured enough childhood trauma that we turned out funny and not serial killers. Now my dad leaving my mother for the parish priest doesn’t seem so bad. Cheers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Now my dad leaving my mother for the parish priest doesn’t seem so bad.
    Isn't that the plot of the Exorcist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Also, you spelled “spelled” incorrectly.
    Eunice and Wesley “Two Scoops” Berry we’re heroes.

Either you can't spell for shit yourself or you've dropped another one of your superfluous inverted commas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air... It was funny... Had Will Smith and had the Carlton dance

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Here's your winner;
    JET

giphy.gif

...and the rest of them I guess.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

WAHEY!!!!!

Great tourney as always Omack :D

Now come join us and decide the best One Hit Wonder

It's clearly Macarena

I'll never forgive you assfaced cünts for the elimination of Pinky and the Brain. It's nearly as tragic as the politeness and dearth of insults.

Hang your slack-jawed, drooling heads in shame. Shower of wankpheasants.

Hang your slack-jawed, drooling heads in shame. Shower of wankpheasants.

Only a permavirgin who couldn’t tell the origins of a clit from the origins of a tit would say such a thing.

Now, now that shlt is over- when is this orgy starting?

Only a permavirgin who couldn’t tell the origins of a clit from the origins of a tit would say such a thing.

Now, now that shlt is over- when is this orgy starting?

I know the origin of a cock dear, toddle off now and grind yourself against your crocs. It's the only action you'll ever get.

I know the origin of a cock dear, toddle off now and grind yourself against your crocs. It's the only action you'll ever get.

Wow that turned me on

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Congrats Gladiators and Jet.

Well done and thanks Mack. Hope the abuse against you dies down within the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Wow that turned me on

Those poor crocs ...

Advertisement