Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate 80's/90's Nostalgia Show Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

TMNT because they lived in sewers where most of you inbred, window-licking mongs belong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I don’t know. I don’t even know what I’m voting on anymore. Chalk and cheese.

Guess I’ll go with TMNT because Ms O'Neill knew what it meant to be a real lady unlike that Jet one with her muscles and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'm going TMNT because it brings back more memories.

Both are worthy finalists though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Fcukin hell this nearly finished me off!

He's never heard that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Gladiators because it deserves to win now that Sabrina’s whammy fanny got shook off the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gladiators because its made the whole competition more memorable so deserves the win. Really the big final showdown should've been between these two though - would've made it a more exciting conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Haven't voted on any of these except for now and it has to be TMNT, used to watch that every morning before school

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    Cartoon characters behaving like humans is better than humans behaving like cartoon characters every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Both good shows.. I'm trying to decide which one you fuckwits are less likely to vote against when it comes to the match with that other tripe in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fcukin hell this nearly finished me off!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm gonna cry cos this should be the final :(

I don't wanna vote against either of these at all.

But I gotta go with what I like best and that's

It was just epic, unmissable TV each weekend for me.

If I missed a couple of TMNT episodes I'd miss nothing but I would have had to know how the contenders got on each week and who Wolf targeted.

And of course this:

CONTENDER - READY

GLADIATOR - READY

3 - 2 - 1

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Gladiators , because of all the reasons Necro said , and giffed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Jet or April O’Neill?

Truth or fiction. aaaagh....

cjmc wrote: »
    Gladiators
    Tmnt was ahem crap

It really wasn't. It was class. Suck a walnut.

Gladiators cos I do feel the power

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Jet or April O’Neill?

Truth or fiction. aaaagh....

Just posting this here for no particular reason. I mean, everyone likes pizza...

aQl52T2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Turtles because I’ll be “firing” dust if gladiators gets to the final.

I’ve heard cumming “dry” is an incredibly uncomfortable.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 14,669 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Gladiators.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Turtles was a good show but Gladiators had more to offer, was proper Saturday evening family viewing. And Jet

giphy.gif

I vote for Gladiators

Necro wrote: »
    I'm gonna cry cos this should be the final :(

I don't wanna vote against either of these at all.

But I gotta go with what I like best and that's

It was just epic, unmissable TV each weekend for me.

If I missed a couple of TMNT episodes I'd miss nothing but I would have had to know how the contenders got on each week and who Wolf targeted.

And of course this:

CONTENDER - READY

GLADIATOR - READY

3 - 2 - 1

giphy.gif

That was beautiful. That took me right back to KVI brand baked beans and ''chicken'' nuggets and the old Saturday night bath after two sibling had already used the scaldy water. Then shivering because the towel you were using was also second hand but you're non plussed because you think Dad is gonna run off with Karen from two doors up.

He did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ugh i missed sabrina

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Gladiators. I wanted to be like jet.

Gladiators. I wanted to be like jet.

I wanted to be like, in jet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Overall four good semi-finalists imo though.

I'd personally have Power Rangers and Saved By The Bell over Sabrina and Fresh Prince BUT that being said I don't particularly mind them being in the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Omackeral wrote: »
    I wanted to be like, in jet.

Yeah, I already made that joke. Get your own material.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Ever get the feeling that something bad is going to happen? Any that you can't avoid it.

All ye west Brits voting for Gladiators probably want Brexit to happen as well.

Necro wrote: »
    Overall four good semi-finalists imo though.

I'd personally have Power Rangers and Saved By The Bell over Sabrina and Fresh Prince BUT that being said I don't particularly mind them being in the semis.

You should not be legally entitled to vote.

You should not be legally entitled to vote.

Is it not about nostalgia though rather than what is better, they're the shows I grew up watching so

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Just posting this here for no particular reason. I mean, everyone likes pizza...

I wanna pizza that action. Never could ‘handle’ the truth anyway but I can still ‘put a dent’ in it so turtles — that makes sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Definitely Gladiators.
    I remember we'd always rush to get in the Saturday night takeaway so as not to miss a second. It was essential viewing in the early 90's. A lot of great characters on the show too. Who remembers 'Roid Rager' Shadow?

Advertisement