Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is that Joe Cannings place?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Just after trying the new Thai place Camile there this evening.

T'was quality. Highly recommended!!

I'd say that's the death knell for Thai Station. The quality had gone downhill hugely in the last year anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ate in The Monread last night. Christ the food has gone downhill big time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

It's an absolute dive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Just after trying the new Thai place Camile there this evening.

T'was quality. Highly recommended!!

Free and all - the mrs won some competition they were doing for opening day :cool:

Thanks for that, my wife also won a competition for two free mains and we forgot all about until I saw your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

pad199207 wrote: »
    Ate in The Monread last night. Christ the food has gone downhill big time
    I'd say that's the death knell for Thai Station. The quality had gone downhill hugely in the last year anyway!

Yeah. I've noticed this happening with a few places alright. They start off great and then just can't keep the standard up. I remember thinking the Lodge was lovely when it first re-opened. Wasn't too impressed on more recent visits though. Fate is another place that has went downhill over the years. It's a pity.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just back from a lunch in Camile. €16 for 2, tasty. Will definitely go back and try the dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Hi all, does anyone here take the bus from Naas to the city centre in the mornings? Just wondering your opinions on Bus Éireann or JJ Kavanagh in terms of punctuality. For example BÉ have a 07:45 departure for Merrion Row that is scheduled to arrive at 08:30, I would imagine the average journey time is roughly an hour in reality though? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Seems no cinema in Kildare is show Scorsese’s latest The Irishman despite it being the nationwide release date today. Some sort of quare distribution deal?

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Seems no cinema in Kildare is show Scorsese’s latest The Irishman despite it being the nationwide release date today. Some sort of quare distribution deal?

It'll be on Netflix in a couple of weeks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

It'll be on Netflix in a couple of weeks.

Aye it will but if I watch it there it’ll be a rewatch.

Last time I was at the cinema in Naas, 2 tickets, 1 Coke and 1 popcorn cost me €40. That's 4 months Netflix subscription. I'll wait the few weeks for this one on Netflix.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Last time I was at the cinema in Naas, 2 tickets, 1 Coke and 1 popcorn cost me €40. That's 4 months Netflix subscription. I'll wait the few weeks for this one on Netflix.

I wouldn’t go to the cinema much at all but watching a 3 and a half hour movie in one sitting on Netflix is a big ask. Think in this case to really enjoy the movie you’re best to go to the cinema.

Your best bet with the cinema is to go on Wednesdays when its 2 for 10 euro.
    And then if you have access to 3 Network you can request a 2 for 1 code for the Odeon too (I think that works Mon-Thurs or something)

I wouldn’t go to the cinema much at all but watching a 3 and a half hour movie in one sitting on Netflix is a big ask. Think in this case to really enjoy the movie you’re best to go to the cinema.

Tallaght probably your best bet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

You wont find it in any cinema in Ireland. Cinemas refused to show it as there is only a 45 day window before its released on Netflix.

twomonkeys wrote: »
    You wont find it in any cinema in Ireland. Cinemas refused to show it as there is only a 45 day window before its released on Netflix.

Well that’s just inaccurate but maybe you mean Odeon are refusing to show it? Haven’t heard of this.

The lighthouse cinema is showing the Irishman

The lighthouse cinema is showing the Irishman

I saw it was showing in Tallaght too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭buffalo

They're planning on widening the M4 up by me to Maynooth. Just wondering what sort of actual improvements anyone has seen on the morning commute into Dublin on the newly widened N7? (Is it open fully yet?) Even roughly, has your 7.30 commute dropped by 30mins, or 3mins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

No, it is worse.
    Starts backing up at about Kill, the traffic doesn't have anything to slow it down until that point.
    The evenings are way better though. No backups at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Gastro 101 restaurant opens today

Yeah the mornings are worse and the evening's are better.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

buffalo wrote: »
    They're planning on widening the M4 up by me to Maynooth. Just wondering what sort of actual improvements anyone has seen on the morning commute into Dublin on the newly widened N7? (Is it open fully yet?) Even roughly, has your 7.30 commute dropped by 30mins, or 3mins?

It’s worse. Leave Naas at 7, crawl down N7 arrive at red cow roundabout at 7.50 if I’m lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭emfifty

Gastro 101 restaurant opens today

Am booked in .. Will update the thread on service standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Wifey ate there last night. Good food, excellent service. Only complaint is that the music is too loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Caoimhe2010

On waiting list for CBS (in the 80's) anyone in previous years gotten in this far down the list? Didn't get NCC or Piper's starting to panic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭gar

On waiting list for CBS (in the 80's) anyone in previous years gotten in this far down the list? Didn't get NCC or Piper's starting to panic

Don't know what kind of numbers they take in now. Assuming not coming from St Corban's or parent a past pupil?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Our lad was accepted a couple of years ago, no previous relations in the school and didn’t live in the town. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Tried Camile this evening. Wasn't impressed. Got that starter box for 2 and it was cold. Mains we're very average.

I'll give them the benefit cause they're only new and obviously very busy but it's not even close to the standard of Thai station when it opened first. Shame their standard has dropped so much too.

Lemongrass take away out on its own now for the Thais/Chinese I reckon.

Advertisement