Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre "raid"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Just what retail in the city needs. Bunch of scumbags.

Foiled-smash-and-grab-raid-on-Cork-store-was-modelled-on-London-rampage

There’s a thread already in Current Affairs/IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

I was laughing at yam, kids these days, precious

• Registered Users Posts: 81,499 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not a single arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not a single arrest.

Of course not. They're untouchable. Would they ever fcuk off and do something productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭PreCocious

Of course not. They're untouchable. Would they ever fcuk off and do something productive.

Maybe there wasn't an arrest because nothing happened in the end to warrant an address ?

I note that the great PJ Coogan tweeted after the non-event that they had received a tip off.

• Advertisement

PreCocious wrote: »
    Maybe there wasn't an arrest because nothing happened in the end to warrant an address ?

I note that the great PJ Coogan tweeted after the non-event that they had received a tip off.

I was in town yesterday evening. Gangs of them blocking footpaths on Patrick Street, screaming and roaring into people's faces as they tried to go about their business. Gardaí just standing there doing fook all. I suppose you'll tell me it's just kids being kids eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I was in town yesterday evening. Gangs of them blocking footpaths on Patrick Street, screaming and roaring into people's faces as they tried to go about their business. Gardaí just standing there doing fook all. I suppose you'll tell me it's just kids being kids eh?

How accurate is the thread on the other forum which says they were all immigrants of African descent? Haven't seen that anywhere other than on that thread. Would be interesting to know how accurate that is.

I am not trying to start a racial discussion here...simply wondering from an eye witness if the people saying it was "immigrants"are stirring or if threy are accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ludo wrote: »
    How accurate is the thread on the other forum which says they were all immigrants of African descent? Haven't seen that anywhere other than on that thread. Would be interesting to know how accurate that is.

I am not trying to start a racial discussion here...simply wondering from an eye witness if the people saying it was "immigrants"are stirring or if threy are accurate.

There are some twitter links now further in he thread and its pretty clear the majority are of a certain background.

I was in town yesterday when this was going on and would say the vast majority of those involved were our own local scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Worrying times :(

• Advertisement

The only photos I've seen show that it was a group of Cork's Finest Jocks and Conors. I know that the usual racist/prolife/homophobic accounts on twitter jumped onto this event and blamed a certain grouping, even though these accounts (mostly bots) hadn't a notion of what happened or even where Cork was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Dry run IMO. See how the Gardai react, next time will we see a raid somewhere it's not expected while the few gardai that we have are elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

For weeks there have been on and off throwing of objects at cars and taxis by youths.

Nothing a few good kicks up the hole wouldn't sort out, but can't even do that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

namloc1980 wrote:

No it's gardai being gardai-. Doing Fu*k all to make our streets safe- more inteiin telling all and sundry that they're stretched etc etc etc etc, government tax collectors,as a teen we'd get our holes kicked if we cheeked them,and rightly so ,now between the " new " Irish and the Irish snowflakes we're shagged,they are untouchable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

There are some twitter links now further in he thread and its pretty clear the majority are of a certain background.
    I was in town yesterday when this was going on and would say the vast majority of those involved were our own local scumbags.

This is exactly the problem with people being outraged about certain news when it's obvious they don't even know what it actually is, but certain people online will magnetise to certain views (not people I quoted. That was to show 2 different descriptions of the same incident)

I had heard myself that there were plenty of local scumbags involved as well.

namloc1980 wrote:

As reported on red FM Neal prendeville this morning, predominantly black teens ,220 bus all black teens , coincidence that not a lot done in either case? Not a bloody hope of white toerags getting away with this shi*e,race card looks again so the gardai etc are afraid to go near them,they've gone on the rampage in Carrigaline ( stabbing reported) in the summer, racially abused a white female driver+ threatened to rape her and it goess on , Balbriggan etc etc,these black/ coloured teens are feral end of ,and untouchable, FFS riot squad on corks main streets ,100 + mainly black teens obstructive, threatening, causing shoppers if all ages worry and the bloody law arrest 2?and our oh so precious snowflakes won't accept that this is happening regularly,wake up Ireland ,these scrotes need to be dealt with and harshly

PreCocious wrote:
    The only photos I've seen show that it was a group of Cork's Finest Jocks and Conors. I know that the usual racist/prolife/homophobic accounts on twitter jumped onto this event and blamed a certain grouping, even though these accounts (mostly bots) hadn't a notion of what happened or even where Cork was.

Wake up FFS and listen and learn,well reported that predominantly black teens ref JD sports,all black teens reference 220 bus driver threatened with tape etc etc,cop on and grow a pair

PreCocious wrote:

It's not racist etc to tell the truth,facts are 1- mostly black teens reference JD sports
    2- all black teens reference 220 bus
    3- wake up , we've enough of our own scumbags without importing new ones,and those who are lucky enough to be granted Irish citizenship need to behave,their parents obviously don't give a fu*k

As reported on red FM Neal prendeville this morning, predominantly black teens ,220 bus all black teens , coincidence that not a lot done in either case? Not a bloody hope of white toerags getting away with this shi*e,race card looks again so the gardai etc are afraid to go near them,they've gone on the rampage in Carrigaline ( stabbing reported) in the summer, racially abused a white female driver+ threatened to rape her and it goess on , Balbriggan etc etc,these black/ coloured teens are feral end of ,and untouchable, FFS riot squad on corks main streets ,100 + mainly black teens obstructive, threatening, causing shoppers if all ages worry and the bloody law arrest 2?and our oh so precious snowflakes won't accept that this is happening regularly,wake up Ireland ,these scrotes need to be dealt with and harshly

I was actually in town when this was going on last Friday. There were some black teens involved but the majority were white Irish. Fact. I would take anything on Prenderville with a massive pinch of salt.

namloc1980 wrote:
    I was actually in town when this was going on last Friday. There were some black teens involved but the majority were white Irish. Fact. I would take anything on Prenderville with a massive pinch of salt.

Lady was v grounded also a neighbour of mine said basically the same

• Advertisement

I was talking to my barber today and his wife's cousin said they were all Irish and a good few had posh accents - she had heard that it originated as a Pres V Christians challenge.

are both of these fee paying or just Pres

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just listening to Neil prendeville show :

1st women said about 80% black teenagers
    They call themselves ABL -all black lads
    They tried to storm lifestyle after the JD raid failed
    1 woman said they tried again on sat morning and failed.

Lot of ppl complaining the city has drastically changed in the last year or so, for the worst. Unsafe lawless feeling in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Just listening to Neil prendeville show :

1st women said about 80% black teenagers
    They call themselves ABL -all black lads
    They tried to storm lifestyle after the JD raid failed
    1 woman said they tried again on sat morning and failed.

Lot of ppl complaining the city has drastically changed in the last year or so, for the worst. Unsafe lawless feeling in the city centre.

I haven’t felt this unsafe since the imaginary kidnapping attempt a few months ago.

PreCocious wrote:
    I was talking to my barber today and his wife's cousin said they were all Irish and a good few had posh accents - she had heard that it originated as a Pres V Christians challenge.

Obviously taking the piss , otherwise white coats coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

PreCocious wrote: »

This is why I asked back along if the reports of the race involved were accurate. When I first heard about this, my immediate thought was that it would mainly be Pres/Christians type idiots doing this.
    Still have no idea what the truth is here though.

This is why I asked back along if the reports of the race involved were accurate. When I first heard about this, my immediate thought was that it would mainly be Pres/Christians type idiots doing this.
    Still have no idea what the truth is here though.

Yes, it's the sort of "jape" that these lads would come up with, safe in the knowledge that even if they did get lifted Daddy, or Uncle Rory, would ensure nothing happened.

The same reason that the summer drug trade in Schull / Baltimore / Crook goes under the radar.

It was either the blacks or the private school boys, say the people with agendas who weren't there!

Our family business is in the city centre and my brother and father watched the whole thing unfold, and confirmed that the vast majority were our own finest toe rags.

But that won't stop the people with axes to grind trying to twist this to suit their needs.

are both of these fee paying or just Pres

The lawless feeling in the city is due to the number of drug addicts now roaming the streets. I moved back from a 13 year spell in Dublin recently and was shocked how much the place has changed, and it's mostly down to drugs.

We now have our first generation of heroin addicts in the city centre, mostly young lads with wild eyes looking for their next fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Gemma would love this thread.

It’s either the over privileged Pres Boys or evil foreigners.

Advertisement