Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Call me Al wrote: »
    I think its 5 in a row at this stage... a point between them with a couple of minutes to go.

Ah well. Too little too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Brave effort but Corofin have so much quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Not surprised by Ballintubber pushing Corofin all the way. A well organised side that step themselves up hard to score against and beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭threeball

Not surprised by Ballintubber pushing Corofin all the way. A well organised side that step themselves up hard to score against and beat.

Game should have been over at half time. Corofin very wasteful and the soft winter pitches are limiting their expansive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Always_Running

threeball wrote: »
    Game should have been over at half time. Corofin very wasteful and the soft winter pitches are limiting their expansive game.

It wasn't though and Ballintubber deserve credit for pushing Corofin to the wire. Winter pitches a bit of an excuse, Its easier to play an open expansive game against defences that aren't as well organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Hard luck Tubber. They'll have big regrets over that Liam Silke goal. Brian Murphy showed why he's in the county squad now. Marked Ian Burke out of the game and kicked a point too. Michael Plunkett also played very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Corofin are very much having an "off year" which sounds daft to say given they're still in a Connacht final. But by their standards they aren't playing well, except in patches

The only games they won well this year were against Leitir mor who were relegated and st James's who were in the relegation playoffs

It wasn't though and Ballintubber deserve credit for pushing Corofin to the wire. Winter pitches a bit of an excuse, Its easier to play an open expansive game against defences that aren't as well organised.

Should have had 2 sent off for high tackles too. At the end of the day Corofin were miles better but didn't convert too many chances. It wasn't down to a superb Ballintubber performance.

jr86 wrote: »
    Corofin are very much having an "off year" which sounds daft to say given they're still in a Connacht final. But by their standards they aren't playing well, except in patches

The only games they won well this year were against Leitir mor who were relegated and st James's who were in the relegation playoffs

I agree but they were similar last year until the connaught final. From then on they were excellent. Best chance to catch them is the connaught final or a heavy pitch in the semi. If they get to Croker I can't see anyone that will live with them.

I agree but they were similar last year until the connaught final. From then on they were excellent. Best chance to catch them is the connaught final or a heavy pitch in the semi. If they get to Croker I can't see anyone that will live with them.

Yeah in fairness it's been a poor October and November and pitches are more wet and soggy than usual

Probably been a bit of a leveller these last few weeks.

From a mayo POV unless a castlebar renaissance happens it could be a fair wait for a Connacht title while corofin are still around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Should have had 2 sent off for high tackles too. At the end of the day Corofin were miles better but didn't convert too many chances. It wasn't down to a superb Ballintubber performance.
    Better not sure about miles.

You are determined not to give the Mayo side any credit even though they only lost by 2 points and held Corofin to 1-10. Chances they didn't covert were as much to do with the pressure applied by the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Correct Corofin will destroy any team that aren't well set up against them regardless of the quality of pitch or time of year.

Better not sure about miles.

You are determined not to give the Mayo side any credit even though they only lost by 2 points and held Corofin to 1-10. Chances they didn't covert were as much to do with the pressure applied by the opposition.

Determined to do no such thing. Calling the game as I saw it and Corofin should have won it at a canter if they converted the easy chances they had.

Determined to do no such thing. Calling the game as I saw it and Corofin should have won it at a canter if they converted the easy chances they had.

Both teams missed chances today as is the norm in every game. Didn't Corofin have a load of wides against Tuam last weekend too?

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    Both teams missed chances today as is the norm in every game. Didn't Corofin have a load of wides against Tuam last weekend too?

Not as bad as the drawn game and not as gilt edged as today. Corofins play today was far above Ballintubber who looked like a very limited team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Best of luck to The Neale and Kilmaine in the final. Its a pity Ballintubber didn't join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Cillian O Connor was interviewed on this morning's business news on Morning Ireland.

He's involved in the establishment of a recruitment business "Spot Recruitment".

I don't believe he's giving up the day job although there was a lack of clarity.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

seligehgit wrote: »
    Cillian O Connor was interviewed on this morning's business news on Morning Ireland.

He's involved in the establishment of a recruitment business "Spot Recruitment".

I don't believe he's giving up the day job although there was a lack of clarity.

Best of luck.

A quick Google makes it look like he has walked away from the teaching. Was wondering why he had given up the job at home to move back to Dublin and this explains why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭muddle84

A quick Google makes it look like he has walked away from the teaching. Was wondering why he had given up the job at home to move back to Dublin and this explains why.

Interesting, yeah I had wondered the same

All the best to him

• Advertisement

muddle84 wrote: »

Big slap on the knuckles for the Co Board after Connolly saying they didn't require Croke Park. Suspect something bigish will come out at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

jr86 wrote: »
    Interesting, yeah I had wondered the same

All the best to him

Did he not get a promotion to principal?

Cillian was teaching in Dublin last year, at a school on the long mile road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

finisklin wrote: »

That would be almost unheard of at his age I'd have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

finisklin wrote:

That was a rumour. Crazy how quickly lies spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

And at the time of the rumour, he didn’t even have the required 5 years of teaching done. (5 years teaching required before you become a principal. Exceptions can be made if there are no other applicants but that’s pretty much it)

Even Ewan MacKenna has jumped on the bandwagon slating the executive.

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    Even Ewan MacKenna has jumped on the bandwagon slating the executive.

Where is that?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement