Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"OK Boomer"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

high_king wrote: »
    Please explain the logic of why being white or privileged or affluent or male or God forbid, all three at the same time is not ok, and logically explain why such at attitude is not being racist, ageist, sexist, and a hypocrite ?

Please show me where I said it wasn't ok. And actually it would be 'all four'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

davedanon wrote: »
    The bloody irony is anyone labelling 'ok, boomer' ageist with no sense of irony, ffs.

OK Turkey

Boomers are, you know, white, privileged, affluent, male. The notion that this group would cry 'discrimination' at 'ok, boomer' is actually offensive to those who are genuine victims of discrimination and bigotry.

Since when were "Boomers" only white, privileged, affluent, and male ?

Also explain then why someone who happens to be white, privileged, affluent, male as you like to classify people, cannot also be a victim of discrimination and bigotry ?

OK Turkey

Ooh. I know when I'm beaten. Such an edgelord.

Since when were "Boomers" only white, privileged, affluent, and male ?

Also explain then why someone who happens to be white, privileged, affluent, male as you like to classify people, cannot also be a victim of discrimination and bigotry ?

As I like to classify people?

They can be victims. But they overwhelmingly tend not to be. Do you see? Didn't you read my post about punching down?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

gozunda wrote: »
    Designed as an a insult by a generation who have wanted for nothing and know no lack of parental and state support but who remain infantily jealous of anyone they perceive of having anything more than they have - right here - right now.

Actually have to earn or wait for what you want now? Fuk that! Tell the previous generation 'How dare they!' And ''you'll never forgive them' *Bastards *Shakes fists

3ftnl9.jpg

And yes folks we have the eejits using this oxymoron here already...

Discussion? Nah throw ****e instead ;)

Example from yesterday

Jesus all this drivel. Boomers need to die already

There’s a scene in Midsommar where old men and women throw themselves off a cliff as part of a ritual suicide. Something about knowing themselves to be parasitical to society.

Honestly, if you look at the people vetoing or blocking the development of housing in the city centre its always the 40/50/60 year old landowner/landlord demographic. I wouldn’t mind tossing boomers off a cliff it it means no more NIMBYism

Should there not be a comma between OK and boomer? If not, what is an "OK Boomer"?

Vocative case comma, everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Should there not be a comma between OK and boomer? If not, what is an "OK Boomer"?

Vocative case comma, everybody

I saw a lot of memes saying Bernie Sanders is a an OK Boomer, but he is actually too old to be one.

As I like to classify people?

They can be victims. But they overwhelmingly tend not to be. Do you see? Didn't you read my post about punching down?

It was your post where you did. Why should people be classified and stereotyped by skin colour, sex, age etc . ?

And again, since when were "Boomers" only white, privileged, affluent, and male ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

I am unsure what year of birth goes into which category.
    Can someone shed a summarised description for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    I am unsure what year of birth goes into which category.
    Can someone shed a summarised description for me
    It's a U.S. thing but some of it I guess can be recognised here.

1946 to 1964 - the baby boomers (massive spectrum there though - it's not like the early ones and later ones would have much in common; I think the boomers being complained about are probably the later ones).

1965 to 1981 - Generation X (I was born at the end of Gen X - those born at the beginning of it, who had to emigrate in the 80s would consider me and my peers the spoilt little sh1ts... and frankly we were, with the Celtic Tiger, but we got a land :)).

1982 to 1996 - Millennials (or Generation Y)

1997 to I don't know - Generation Z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

sk8erboii wrote: »
    There’s a scene in Midsommar where old men and women throw themselves off a cliff as part of a ritual suicide. Something about knowing themselves to be parasitical to society.

Honestly, if you look at the people vetoing or blocking the development of housing in the city centre its always the 40/50/60 year old landowner/landlord demographic. I wouldn’t mind tossing boomers off a cliff it it means no more NIMBYism

Until you buy one of said houses and the next proposed development will impact on your house value - then it'll be your time to be f*cked off a cliff?

OK, Turkey

Until you buy one of said houses and the next proposed development will impact on your house value - then it'll be your time to be f*cked off a cliff?

Yes. But until then, boomers need to be wiped out. Parasites!

Yes. But until then, boomers need to be wiped out. Parasites!

That’s very early 20th century dictator of you- wipe out all tyrants until I can be the tyrant!

You have my vote for refreshing honesty

That’s very early 20th century dictator of you- wipe out all tyrants until I can be the tyrant!

You have my vote for refreshing honesty

Ok boomer

Ok boomer

Ok boomer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is there anything to be said for the Doomer?

b4b.png

Ok boomer

Ok zoomer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

I wouldn’t mind throwing your whole generation off a cliff - a bunch of overly sensitive, poorly dressed, soft minded politically correct pussies. Not an individual thought amongst ye.

I wouldn’t mind throwing your whole generation off a cliff - a bunch of overly sensitive, poorly dressed, soft minded politically correct pussies. Not an individual thought amongst ye.

If you told me this in real life i’d kick your trick knee and rob your wallet. Remember, you’re frail and dying. Not nearly as hard as you think you are

If you told me this in real life i’d kick your trick knee and rob your wallet. Remember, you’re frail and dying. Not nearly as hard as you think you are

34 here pal and I’d kick your sockless skinny jeans wearing ass without a breaking a sweat.

34 here pal and I’d kick your sockless skinny jeans wearing ass without a breaking a sweat.
    You're a millennial! (1982 to 1996).

Raconteuse wrote: »
    You're a millennial! (1982 to 1996).

See I don’t understand that bracketing, I’m more Gen X than millennial (I’d class millennials as those born since 1990 so hitting mid to late 20’s now and much more likely to be peddling this softy bull****)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Raconteuse wrote: »
    It's a U.S. thing but some of it I guess can be recognised here.

1946 to 1964 - the baby boomers (massive spectrum there though - it's not like the early ones and later ones would have much in common; I think the boomers being complained about are probably the later ones).

1965 to 1981 - Generation X (I was born at the end of Gen X - those born at the beginning of it, who had to emigrate in the 80s would consider me and my peers the spoilt little sh1ts... and frankly we were, with the Celtic Tiger, but we got a land :)).

1982 to 1996 - Millennials (or Generation Y)

1997 to I don't know - Generation Z

Up to 2012.

Then comes Generation Alpha (2011-2025) - the first group of millennials' children, supposedly.

See I don’t understand that bracketing, I’m more Gen X than millennial (I’d class millennials as those born since 1990 so hitting mid to late 20’s now and much more likely to be peddling this softy bull****)

But your definition is unquestionably incorrect.

tuxy wrote: »
    But your definition is unquestionably incorrect.

Maybe so but I’d also question the “official” categories - I was a 90’s child who grew up on a diet of 60-80’s music and movies and feel a lot stronger connection to that era than anything post 99.

Maybe so but I’d also question the “official” categories - I was a 90’s child who grew up on a diet of 60-80’s music and movies and feel a lot stronger connection to that era than anything post 99.

Born in the wrong generation?

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm late gen x but sometimes feel a stronger connection to the early gen x-ers - mainly taste in music, and an interest in stuff they were around for, like post-punk, goth and acid house.

They're strange designations really. You'd have much more in common generationally with me than with someone born in 1995.

Advertisement