Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 08/11/19

Options
  • 08-11-2019 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭

Samantha Power joins Ryan Tubridy to tell him about how her father's untimely death impacted on her life, her time serving President Obama, and why Donald Trump's actions are seriously jeopardising America's place in the world.

Activist Sinéad Burke will discuss everything from her dealings with Victoria Beckham and the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, to getting a call from the President, and how she is using her platform to try create a new world where nobody is excluded.

Declan Kelly, the Tipperary-born entrepreneur, businessman and founder and CEO of Teneo will be in studio to discuss his hopes to end global poverty with the help of Coldplay, Pharell Williams and Hugh Jackman with the launch of Global Goal Live.

Tipperary comedy duo The 2 Johnnies will also take to the couch, and there will be a special musical performance by Rachel Coyne, the young singer who made her mark on The Late Late Toy Show last year with a stunning rendition of Never Enough from The Greatest Showman

Tubridy will also take some take time to remember the late, great, former Late Late Show host during the show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Almost back to normal.

Obama praising andTrump bashing. Tick

Woke stuff. Tick

Toy show. Tick

The Greatest Showman. Tick.

Bit of Gaybo. Fair enough for the week that's in it.

A panel to discuss the announcements from RTE would make a good show but that's never gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

sligojoek wrote: »
    Woke stuff. Tick

I presume that's a reference to Sinead Burke, disability rights activist and a member of the Council of State.

A bit reductive.

I wouldn't be into Ted Talks, but hers really was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

sounds horrific !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So a few multi-millionaires are going to sort out world poverty ......... right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Some activist wants to create a world where nobody is excluded, you say? Sounds f*cking awful! I can think of many people who need to be shunned.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Mean while from in the Pearly Gates studio, Terry Wogan will talkin to Gay Byrne Che Guevara and a candid interview with Adolfo hitler on not getting his wings for another 1000 years, his love of knitting and his recent whirlwind romance with Joan rivers.

Music by kurt cobain and Roy Orbison.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Mean while from in the Pearly Gates studio, Terry Wogan will talkin to Gay Byrne Che Guevara and a candid interview with Adolfo hitler on not getting his wings for another 1000 years, his love of knitting and his recent whirlwind romance with Joan rivers.

no Bill O'Herlihy football segment? :D

I presume that's a reference to Sinead Burke, disability rights activist and a member of the Council of State.

A bit reductive.

I wouldn't be into Ted Talks, but hers really was very good.

I'd never heard of her till today.

This is the bit I based my post on.

More of Tubridy's kindness crusade.
    how she is using her platform to try create a new world where nobody is excluded.

And mass by Dermot Morgan.

Tubridy had Sinead Burke on his radio show a while back.

He does this occasionally. Saves a few quid in research costs and means that the poor overworked sod doesnt have to prepare for a new interview!

I'm just glad she wasn't on Ray D'arcy. With his height obsession, could make for some awkward viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Tipperary comedy duo The 2 Johnnies will also take to the couch

On to talk about playing junior b and getting the shift ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

sligojoek wrote: »
    And mass by Dermot Morgan.

Wonder what happened that poster here who only found out about dermots passing last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I honestly never heard of any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I got excited thinking Hugh Jackman and Coldplay were on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Samantha Power joins Ryan Tubridy to tell him about how her father's untimely death impacted on her life, her time serving President Obama, and why Donald Trump's actions are seriously jeopardising America's place in the world.

Activist Sinéad Burke will discuss everything from her dealings with Victoria Beckham and the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, to getting a call from the President, and how she is using her platform to try create a new world where nobody is excluded.

Declan Kelly, the Tipperary-born entrepreneur, businessman and founder and CEO of Teneo will be in studio to discuss his hopes to end global poverty with the help of Coldplay, Pharell Williams and Hugh Jackman with the launch of Global Goal Live.

Tipperary comedy duo The 2 Johnnies will also take to the couch, and there will be a special musical performance by Rachel Coyne, the young singer who made her mark on The Late Late Toy Show last year with a stunning rendition of Never Enough from The Greatest Showman

Tubridy will also take some take time to remember the late, great, former Late Late Show host during the show.

I know none of them.

Literally never heard of any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Thats Alan 'power is a drug' Kelly's brother, i think. Probably an equally insufferable bellend.

I only heard of that burke one cos someone jumped over her on o'connell st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They could have had a Tribute Gaybo show, in that they had a decent discussion with people pertaining to an issues of national importance. A band we heard of or good one we should have. A proper celebrity and a quiz draw. A reasonably decent show just to remind us what one looks like.

No more insular stories from nobodies please and enough of the weekly sad!

retalivity wrote: »
    Thats Alan 'power is a drug' Kelly's brother, i think. Probably an equally insufferable bellend.

Ah that's the fella that was funding him so

retalivity wrote: »

Correct.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Had to cancel them because of cut backs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,628 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

blobfish-are-mysterious-loners-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&fm=pjpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I thanked that, but I didn't want to.

Gr-oss

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I thought reading the post a foist before clicking on it that Obama was going to be on it. Overall do I do not think its to bad of a show for the night. Its certainly not the worst guest list he has ever had. I have heard of a few of them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Wonder what happened that poster here who only found out about dermots passing last week

He has returned to his cave....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I thanked that, but I didn't want to.

Gr-oss

LOL

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Niall Horan on?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Samantha Power is an excellent journalist, who moved into politics. She has been critical of the US, the UN, and has written fascinating history on genocide. With an interesting personal history, born in Ireland. Migrated to the US as a child and became up as US ambassador to the UN.

She is a genuinely interesting guest.

However I suspect it will be a fawning interview about missing Tayto and Zig and Zag while she was in the US. Maybe some questions about her time working for Obama. But definitely no questions about her criticisms of the Clintons, the UN or the ongoing genocides in China, Darfur or Myanmar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Must be a new record, 3=third week in a row without an Irish current or retired rugby player.
    Have they returned from their holidays yet.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Samantha Power is an excellent journalist, who moved into politics. She has been critical of the US, the UN, and has written fascinating history on genocide. With an interesting personal history, born in Ireland. Migrated to the US as a child and became up as US ambassador to the UN.

She is a genuinely interesting guest.

However I suspect it will be a fawning interview about missing Tayto and Zig and Zag while she was in the US. Maybe some questions about her time working for Obama. But definitely no questions about her criticisms of the Clintons, the UN or the ongoing genocides in China, Darfur or Myanmar.

Not on Friday night shes not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

And big tom

Advertisement