Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connaughton v Leinster build up thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Would have taken the 3 there. Still, let's see if it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭A-Train

Another good maul and another for Kelleher.

This is awful, they look like scoring a try at every attack and two awful mistakes helped set up the last two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

And it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Time to roll out the kids.

Oh wait most of them are already out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭disposableFish

Two factors not considered: a good deal of force and no attempt to wrap - just about bumps it up to a yellow IMO.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Connacht missing a lot of grunt up front.

Rg snyman would be a good acquisition ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Tommane looking very good tonight.

Kelleher to captain The Lions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

Was worried about our maul pre-game. Finlay a big loss.

In saying the ref isn’t helping. Would love to know how he could think Carty was hit in the chest when he needed a HIA.

• Advertisement

To the people saying "dive"

You get a hit when you're off balance and not expecting a hit from someone 30kg heavier than you and you'll go down like that - saying it was a dive is pretty easy when you're not the one getting hit.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Redo91 wrote: »

In saying the ref isn’t helping. Would love to know how he could think Carty was hit in the chest when he needed a HIA.

Cos he saw it first hand AND he saw it in replay

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Because he was very clearly hit in the chest and the video made it exceptionally clear

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

He knew Carty was hit in the chest because cameras capture the exact events that happen on the pitch and allow us to review them at our leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Has Carty gone off?

You get a hit when you're off balance and not expecting a hit from someone 30kg heavier than you and you'll go down like that - saying it was a dive is pretty easy when you're not the one getting hit.

Hahaha 30 kilos!

how he could think Carty was hit in the chest when he needed a HIA.

Think the height was just about OK, but even if it's not high your head can get whipped forward pretty hard .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Is this a joke?

I’d say he hurt himself more throwing himself on the floor than getting an arm across the chest mate. He’s a rugby player not a footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Connacht management need to sabotage the floodlights.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

There's 10kg in the difference between Connors and Carry, if even. Unless Will's made a shift to TH that we haven't been made aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Think the height was just about OK, but even if it's not high your head can get whipped forward pretty hard .

What height do you want him to tackle him at just out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

razorblunt wrote: »
    Wouldn’t even be a controversial decision. If they’re going with form he’s easily top right now.

Throwing out of touch- check
    Power- check
    Speed- check
    Passing-check
    Offload-check
    Footwork-check

Scrummaging- ?
    Mentality-?
    Tackling-?
    Breakdown work-?

I’ve seen enough. Start him

Hahaha 30 kilos!

Probably a bit less in fairness. Prob 25, no less than 20. Connors is listed as 102, but I do t believe that for a second (maybe 3-4 years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Another try ?

This is gonna be a long night for Connacht

Probably a bit less in fairness. Prob 25, no less than 20. Connors is listed as 102, but I do t believe that for a second (maybe 3-4 years ago)

Even putting aside this outrageous ****e talk, if Carty isn’t capable of taking contact from the opposition 7 he won’t last long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

He knew Carty was hit in the chest because cameras capture the exact events that happen on the pitch and allow us to review them at our leisure.

I am at the game and I too was able to watch it at my leisure. Initial contact was to the chest and then head therefore it should have been yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Then explain why he stayed on the ground holding his face/head?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This is a rout! Could be a very big score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I am at the game and I too was able to watch it at my leisure. Initial contact was to the chest and then head therefore it should have been yellow.
    There was no contact with the head.

Advertisement