Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connaughton v Leinster build up thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Awh man this is hilarious! Mad bantz altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I wonder if any of the internationals will be back. Given it's europe the very next week you'd hope to see a few trickled back in.

The likes of Ruddock and Henshaw wouldn't have had a huge amount of minutes over the RWC period. Ditto McGrath.

Furlong, Healy, Ryan, Josh, Sexton, Ringrose, Kearney and Larmour all had a huge amount of minutes recently. Possibly some of them to the bench?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Prediction: Carty to star and score again in another MOTM performance. TV commentators can't shut up about him. Even Ruaidhri O'Connor will pen platitudes to him. Some posters on boards will still claim Ross Byrne played better.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Zzippy wrote: »
    Prediction: Carty to star and score again in another MOTM performance. ....

and STILL end up on the losing side :D

sydthebeat wrote: »
    and STILL end up on the losing side :D

Shur and begorrah, aren't we just lucky to be playing the big team from the big schhmoke at all at all, and if we can just put on a good show and not embarrass ourselves in front of them fancy dans we'll be grand, and have a few sups of porter after...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Prediction: Carty to star and score again in another MOTM performance. TV commentators can't shut up about him. Even Ruaidhri O'Connor will pen platitudes to him. Some posters on boards will still claim Ross Byrne played better.

My prediction is carty and Fitzgerald show they’re better 10s than Ross Byrne with Harry Byrne also looking better than his brother but crumbling under the pressure at the sportsground as connacht hammer Leinster

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Actually, posters will claim Ross Byrne is a match-winner and Carty, for all his tricks and flicks, will fall short - again.

Wegians89 wrote: »
    My prediction is carty and Fitzgerald show they’re better 10s than Ross Byrne with Harry Byrne also looking better than his brother but crumbling under the pressure at the sportsground as connacht hammer Leinster

Rumour is that Aki and Carty will be back but none of the Leinster World Cup contingent will.

So with Toner starting that means Leinster will have more players who have actually beaten Japan than Connacht.

Rumour is that Aki and Carty will be back but none of the Leinster World Cup contingent will.

So with Toner starting that means Leinster will have more players who have actually beaten Japan than Connacht.

If I remember correctly the magical tiernan o halloran has beaten japan. Another string he has over Rob Kearney

That's impeccable logic, how could we ever compete with that kind of pedigree. Leinster by 40?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Leinster by 40?

What, only 40?

I think you have mispronounced Connaughton. It's pronounced Connaughton.

That's impeccable logic, how could we ever compete with that kind of pedigree. Leinster by 40?

Sorry Zzippy, bit confused - are you saying you think Leinster will win by 40 or are you just repeating the results of the last 4 fixtures Leinster 4 0 Connacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Welcome to any Leinster fans travelling west this weekend, I’m sure you will find Galway hospitable. One word of warning though, we’re a little more traditional in the West than might be the case in Dublin.

The use of toilets is still required down here, urinating on the person next to you (even if in fashion in the big smoke) is likely to cause trouble.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Welcome to any Leinster fans travelling west this weekend, I’m sure you will find Galway hospitable. One word of warning though, we’re a little more traditional in the West than might be the case in Dublin.

The use of toilets is still required down here, urinating on the person next to you (even if in fashion in the big smoke) is likely to cause trouble.

Also if a person says thanks or hello or holds a door open for you, they just have good manners. I know manners were gotten rid of in the east some time ago

Sorry Zzippy, bit confused - are you saying you think Leinster will win by 40 or are you just repeating the results of the last 4 fixtures Leinster 4 0 Connacht?

I'm a bit confused too Venjur. Surely you haven't forgotten the Mighty Muldoon knocking over conversions for fun 18 months ago. I bet Cian Healy remembers... :P
    It was Connacht by nearly 40 that day IIRC...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm a bit confused too Venjur. Surely you haven't forgotten the Mighty Muldoon knocking over conversions for fun 18 months ago. I bet Cian Healy remembers... :P

I have no doubt I'm being dim here but.....what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I have no doubt I'm being dim here but.....what?

Mul's last game was Connacht beating Leinster 47-10 in the Sportsground. He took(and scored) the final conversion of the game which Cian Healy thought was disrespectful and tried to charge down.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Mul's last game was Connacht beating Leinster 47-10 in the Sportsground. He took(and scored) the final conversion of the game which Cian Healy thought was disrespectful and tried to charge down.

Ah yes, I thought that was longer ago. I even went through the results from the last couple seasons and somehow missed this. So that was 5 minutes well spent displaying my incompetence.

Leinster really went to ****e that year after securing top spot in the conference.

Ah yes, I thought that was longer ago. I even went through the results from the last couple seasons and somehow missed this. So that was 5 minutes well spent displaying my incompetence.

Leinster really went to ****e that year after securing top spot in the conference.

In fairness Muldoon was so old it's easy to think he would have retired long before that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That game never happened. The same people still claim Ireland lost to NZ in November 2013 too

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    That game never happened. The same people still claim Ireland lost to NZ in November 2013 too

Sure I had someone trying to convince me earlier that the World Cup actually went ahead despite all the Kaiju attacks on Japan. Madness Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I just hope I don't see Leinster fans scaring children by asking if you can buy coddle and avacados in the Sportsground like last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Bazzo wrote: »

What happened? Surely he made it and blocked the kick? Haven’t we been hearing how good cian is in the loose for ages now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Dead right. I mean, when we were putting 40 points on the Scarlets in the final to secure the European and Pro14 double, I knew that Connacht had got inside our heads big time.

Dead right. I mean, when we were putting 40 points on the Scarlets in the final to secure the European and Pro14 double, I knew that Connacht had got inside our heads big time.

Ha. Really went to ****e in the Pro14 regular season. I think they drew/lost the last 5 games? The fact they had the number 1 spot locked in before then was more reflective of the team, but some of those results at the end were a bit mad.

Losing by 30 points to Connacht and drawing at home to Treviso were ****/mad results, even with the conference wrapped up. Was just a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ha. Really went to ****e in the Pro14 regular season. I think they drew/lost the last 5 games? The fact they had the number 1 spot locked in before then was more reflective of the team, but some of those results at the end were a bit mad.

Losing by 30 points to Connacht and drawing at home to Treviso were ****/mad results, even with the conference wrapped up. Was just a bit weird.

We lost to Treviso that season.....the draw was last season.

I think we need to give Connacht this one. Carty is likely going to start and will need the confidence boost. We can afford to throw this for the sake of the Irish squad as a whole. Be the bigger men, you know.

molloyjh wrote: »
    We lost to Treviso that season.....the draw was last season.

Christ..I'm out of here before I cock up again.

Connacht are ****e :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've read Contepomi's comments, I don't think we'll see a near full strength Leinster side. Some players will be given an extra weeks rest from playing and others will be given an extra well to familiarise themselves again with Leinsters systems.

We might see a few of the lads who didn't get as many WC minutes though. It'll be another big chance for the younger players to impress.
    "We want them at their best,” says Felipe Contepomi. “If it is this week, next week or two weeks’ time that is what it is.

“We don’t want to just have them because of the sake of having them. It is about preparing them physically and mentally first and then, in terms of our way of playing the best we can, so we can set them up to be really successful."

• Advertisement

I see we have a Leinster referee. Should even things up a bit. Probably just the +10 handicap for Leinster with the bookies...

Advertisement