Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

No point holding players on 'what if's'. I got rid of Salah for Mane because there's a niggling injury with him and he's off form. His value is dropping and Mane is rising.
    A lot held Pukki for the same reason and paid the price. Bar a couple of players, my team looks very different from what it was in GW 1-3.

Between the time of me writing my post and your reply, I swapped Salah for Mane. Now to just decide if the rest of those changes are worth a hit. I'm not totally sure if they are - Sterling can still deliver next week so if I switch, I could hold off a week or two - but less sure about the Vardy situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Between the time of me writing my post and your reply, I swapped Salah for Mane. Now to just decide if the rest of those changes are worth a hit. I'm not totally sure if they are - Sterling can still deliver next week so if I switch, I could hold off a week or two - but less sure about the Vardy situation.

I have Vardy and Abraham. KDB seems to be playing a bit deeper so Sterling stays in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why is everyone getting rid of Cantwell?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Liverpool have a game midweek ........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tusky wrote: »
    All the replies so far have been massive upgrades, ditching a bench player for a point-scorer. A lot of people have a cash burning a hole in their pockets with the expensive players underperforming
    Did salah to mane and Cantwell to tielemans with my 2 FTs.
    Cantwell out, Maddison in.
    thunderdog wrote: »
    Did Cantwell and Wilson to Maddison and Mousset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Tusky wrote: »

I've switched to a 352 with Connolly as my bench player.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shedite27 wrote: »
    All the replies so far have been massive upgrades, ditching a bench player for a point-scorer. A lot of people have a cash burning a hole in their pockets with the expensive players underperforming

Also the fact that neither Pukki nor Cantwell have had a return in the 6 GW's since their win vs City.

I regretted dumping Pukki before that game, but he wasn't going to start for me in any case. Can't say I've regretted it since with the 6 blanks. Cantwell is still sitting on my bench. He was Pukki cover, now he's just bench fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Chesty08 wrote: »
    The way I see it is that Kane is a 20+ goal a season player and will get that.

Vardy will get close to it but I’d already see him as half way there and therefore Kane will score more between now & the end.

Spurs’ fixtures are very favourable and Kane scored in his last game.

I’m seeing that as his kickstart to 20+

If you believe that's how they will end up that's your thinking. But the idea that Vardy will slow and Kane speed up because of the number of goals they've already scored seems a bit off.

If you started the season right now and erased what has happened you'd surely expect, by your thinking, Kane to outscore Vardy but not by the amount you're predicting based on the premise Vardy has scored more than Kane so far so it must reverse.

Don't get me wrong I think Kane will score well but it might be by his season long standards lower than previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking at saying adios to Agueroo....I think Pep has broken him tbh.

Jiminez is leading the replacements (already have Abraham and Vardy).....might bank the hit and get Maddison in for Traore/Cantwell the following week.

Actually happy enough with my squad but keep fcuking up selections (eg. Lundstram) and captains (eg. every captain I've picked this season)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

dsmythy wrote: »
    If you believe that's how they will end up that's your thinking. But the idea that Vardy will slow and Kane speed up because of the number of goals they've already scored seems a bit off.

If you started the season right now and erased what has happened you'd surely expect, by your thinking, Kane to outscore Vardy but not by the amount you're predicting based on the premise Vardy has scored more than Kane so far so it must reverse.

Don't get me wrong I think Kane will score well but it might be by his season long standards lower than previous years.

Vardy is on 10 in 11 games. Vardy is not hitting 36/37 goals this season and at best will be 22/23 so that’s 12 goals for remainder of season.

Kane on the other side is 6 in 11. Kane is explosive and captain material. Kane will get 22/23 at worst, that’s 16 goals at least.

I think these are the 5 games he gets a chunk.

Look I have Vardy but I just think I wouldn’t be sellingKane just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The way I see it is that Kane is a 20+ goal a season player and will get that.

Vardy will get close to it but I’d already see him as half way there and therefore Kane will score more between now & the end.

Spurs’ fixtures are very favourable and Kane scored in his last game.

I’m seeing that as his kickstart to 20+

Vardy is on 10 in 11 games. Vardy is not hitting 36/37 goals this season and at best will be 22/23 so that’s 12 goals for remainder of season.

Kane on the other side is 6 in 11. Kane is explosive and captain material. Kane will get 22/23 at worst, that’s 16 goals at least.

I think these are the 5 games he gets a chunk.

Look I have Vardy but I just think I wouldn’t be selling Kane just yet.

I don't agree that it works like that. Its obvious when someone starts with a hattrick he's not gonna get one every week, but when someone's record is over a quarter of the season, it doesn't mean his final 3/4 productivity is going to nosedive to "balance it out".

It's not that long ago that the Suarez, Aguero, Kane, Van Perisie used to get to 30. I could see Vardy doing it given he's in
    - a team setup to attack
    - not playing in Europe
    - Not playing international

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Thoughts on moving from:

Pope

O'Connell; Van Dijk; Lundstram

Sterling; Douglas Luiz; Mount; Salah

Abraham; Aguero; Jiminez

Button; Lascelles; Kelly; Cantwell

To

Pope

O'Connell; Soyuncu; Lundstram

KdB; Ndidi; Pulisic; Salah

Abraham; Aguero; Vardy

Would be done over several weeks. 2 transfers now: likely Pulisic and Soyuncu in - then Sterling out next week

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I don't agree that it works like that. Its obvious when someone starts with a hattrick he's not gonna get one every week, but when someone's record is over a quarter of the season, it doesn't mean his final 3/4 productivity is going to nosedive to "balance it out".

It's not that long ago that the Suarez, Aguero, Kane, Van Perisie used to get to 30. I could see Vardy doing it given he's in
    - a team setup to attack
    - not playing in Europe
    - Not playing international

They are great points but remember Vardy was in a title winning team, broke the record for goals in consecutive games and still didn’t hit near that.

I agree that’s not how it works but I’m basing it off Kane’s record over a number of seasons & Vardys over a similar number.

I have Vardy and will hold but I’m looking at Kane & dropping a City asset or Aubam for him as I think this Is period & as C could be massively rewarding while others slow down. As a Kane owner I certainly wouldn’t be ditching him at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

Pukki party is bak this friday, heard it here first ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

ballyargus wrote: »
    Thoughts on moving from:

Pope

O'Connell; Van Dijk; Lundstram

Sterling; Douglas Luiz; Mount; Salah

Abraham; Aguero; Jiminez

To

Pope

O'Connell; Soyuncu; Lundstram

KdB; Ndidi; Pulisic; Salah

Abraham; Aguero; Vardy

Would be done over several weeks. 2 transfers now: likely Pulisic and Soyuncu in - then Sterling out next week

A bit underwhelming imo.

I'd keep Luiz and remove Cantwell for balance. Ndidi might be good in the sky game but not for FPL.

Pulisic looks great but Mount is a good pick too. You could wait and see what happens with Kante back. (Could start tomo)

KBD is less appealing (further back) with Rodrigo injured.

Soy and VVD changed prices yesterday.

Short answer-Remove Kun if you want Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

I've done PEA to Rashford

One transfer left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

ElTel wrote: »
    A bit underwhelming imo.

I'd keep Luiz and remove Cantwell for balance. Ndidi might be good in the sky game but not for FPL.

Pulisic looks great but Mount is a good pick too. You could wait and see what happens with Kante back. (Could start tomo)

KBD is less appealing (further back) with Rodrigo injured.

Soy and VVD changed prices yesterday.

Short answer-Remove Kun if you want Vardy.

Thanks, I'm trying to have my cake a bit here. I do want Vardy, he's looking essential but I'm loath to dump Kun.

Pulisic is looking like he could kick on from here so getting him in seems wise. It's a headache working out who to play from Salah/KDB/Sterling - I won't go Mane for differential

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Reluctantly done Aguero/Cantwell to Vardy/Maddison hopefully I won’t regret it. Aguero just hasn’t been setting the world alight and Vardy has been matching him all the way, so could do with the extra cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

patmac wrote: »
    Reluctantly done Aguero/Cantwell to Vardy/Maddison hopefully I won’t regret it. Aguero just hasn’t been setting the world alight and Vardy has been matching him all the way, so could do with the extra cash.

Done the exact same moves. 0.3 swing with the price changes overnight so was the right time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

Not having Vardy is proving a real problem now. I can't get him in without a -4 (and losing one of Salah or Sterling). Also have Otamendi stinking the place out so not sure what to do.

Team valus has taken a beating the past few weeks and the WC team I didn't pull the trigger on a couple weeks back that would have left me with 0.5mil itb is now 1.0mil out of reach :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Looking at the expensive Pool/City players on my team, and wondering if id be better off benching some of them this weekend and bringing in Connolly or Tamori, both of who are currently on the bench.

I've been leaving a lot of points on the bench lately.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Looking at the expensive Pool/City players on my team, and wondering if id be better off benching some of them this weekend and bringing in Connolly or Tamori, both of who are currently on the bench.

I've been leaving a lot of points on the bench lately.

Who are your players? I'd be reluctant to leave some on the bench i.e TAA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Who are your players? I'd be reluctant to leave some on the bench i.e TAA

Just thinking aloud:o

I have a fear they will cancel each other out in a 1 nil win either way.

Have Mane TAA Sterling DeBruyne, Basically 4 mids as I'm not expecting a clean sheet from TAA. Will likely start all 4.

Just wondering if it would be a bold move to play Connolly ahead of one of them?

I was surprised to see that Brighton to win are 11/2 on Paddy Power, Im at the sharp end of a work LMS and was thinking of picking Brighton.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

KDB has 1 assist in his last 4 games. Seems to be playing deeper again.

I'm already going Aguero -> Vardy (incredibly late so probably about 0.5 out) so is KDB -> Mane for 2 FTs
    The plan for the week after is Otamendi (another bad, late move) & Yarmalenko -> Kelly & Dilva/Silva for a -4.

Getting rid of 2 City attacking players in one week. I don't have Sterling. Am I mad? or change my tactic and include one of the Silvas in the original 2 transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I need something to kickstart my season hovering around 1m. Aguero and cilson going. Only really 5 options to look at vardy and Jiminez the obvious ones firmino laca and kane the puntier options.. half tempted to go with a safe and a punt.

Kane is nailed but spurs are very meh

Laca well it's anyone's guess with emery should be nailed but his home/away splits are huge

Firmino could be very attractive in 2 weeks time but they have alot of fixture congestion on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Call me mental

Jorginho and Aubamayang out

Martial and Rashford in

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Wilson/Sterling to Vardy/Maddison for -8?

Madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

FitzShane wrote: »
    KDB has 1 assist in his last 4 games. Seems to be playing deeper again.

I'm already going Aguero -> Vardy (incredibly late so probably about 0.5 out) so is KDB -> Mane for 2 FTs
    The plan for the week after is Otamendi (another bad, late move) & Yarmalenko -> Kelly & Dilva/Silva for a -4.

Getting rid of 2 City attacking players in one week. I don't have Sterling. Am I mad? or change my tactic and include one of the Silvas in the original 2 transfers?

I’d leave the 2nd transfer until after the game this weekend.
    The lay of the land might have changed by then and you might appreciate a 2nd transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Wilson/Sterling to Vardy/Maddison for -8?

Madness?

Personally I would be waiting to after the pool game to sell Sterling - most players playing against their old team up their game, huge game which city probably have to win, given city's defence they will concede, so they'll need to be scoring the other end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thoughts on Alonso and callum Wilson out and pva/Johnny and rashford in.

Advertisement