Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Son gone for Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

franglan wrote: »
    Who would you bring with in for Mendy, thinking Chilwell or AWB - Uniteds fixtures are decent.

Awb is now one of the most overpriced defenders when you consider he has next to no attacking threat , is in a dysfunctional team and there are defenders a million or more cheaper performing better
    So no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Decided to go left field.

I’m 1m OR and hoping to catch a couple of people on the hop.

KDB & Yarmolenko out

Alli & Martial In

Alli has 2 goals in 3 games. Liverpool away being the non scoring one. Before this he only played 30 mins of PL football this season.

Next up Spurs have SHU, whu, BOU, mun, BUR

They are very favourable fixtures for Spurs and they need to start making inroads

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »

KDB & Yarmolenko out

Alli & Martial In

Alli has 2 goals in 3 games. Liverpool away being the non scoring one. Before this he only played 30 mins of PL football this season.

They are very favourable fixtures for Spurs and they need to start making inroads

Not sure Ali is worth his price tag, Son is also going to be missing a game or 3, and spurs are a mess. Having said all that, I had looked at brining in Ali myself.

Wouldn't get rid of KdB though, he's the most consistent player with returns in the city team.

KDB & Yarmolenko out

Alli & Martial In

Spurs and united may have good fixtures but they are still poison
    Spurs were TERRIBLE again today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

is there anything to be said for Sterling to Silva? A Similar points return but the change would free up a lot of change.

Looking at Silva's history this season he will come with fraught emotions as he can sit out for a week or two but then the shedloads arrive.

Would enable the puchase of Vardy and Mane (or other nailed on, in-form starters)

ballyargus wrote: »
    is there anything to be said for Sterling to Silva? A Similar points return but the change would free up a lot of change.

Looking at Silva's history this season he will come with fraught emotions as he can sit out for a week or two but then the shedloads arrive.

Would enable the puchase of Vardy and Mane (or other nailed on, in-form starters)

Sterling most certainly is not offering value for his owners imo
    And you can do a lot with the extra cash as you suggest
    It’s prob past time to bite the bullet. Stop waiting for that one big haul. Sell him. Move on .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cantwell out, Maddison in.

Plan is to 3-5-2 from here most weeks.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Tempted by Jimi in for Wilson, but will go Mane in for Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ballyargus wrote: »

Silva is supposed to be injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tempted by Sterling/Haller/Greenwood to Martial/Vardy/Jiminez for -8

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did salah to mane and Cantwell to tielemans with my 2 FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Diop and Yarmolenko to Soyuncu and James.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Sterling to Mane for a -4...... I just don't know..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Aguero to Vardy - what yiz think? City have tough fixtures and some rotation going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Charles Leclerc

Tusky wrote: »
    Aguero to Vardy - what yiz think? City have tough fixtures and some rotation going on.
    I'm keeping Aguero. Pool and Chelsea are massive games for City so surely he starts both? I won't be captaining him in either game so that will reduce the damage if he is rotated.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Aguero to Vardy. Feel Aguero could do well in the next few weeks even though City have some tough fixtures but with Vardy’s ownership, he’s becoming essential. Have one more FT and wanted to get Son but if he’s now suspended so unless Spurs get that appealed, might save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

km79 wrote: »
    Arsenals Europa game is on weds for some reason
    This is helpful !

Likely because Braga (same region in Portugal) vs Besiktas is scheduled for Thursday too, so one of them had to be rescheduled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Looks like vardy and chilwell in with Kane and Diop out. Is it just me or is there nothing worth owning outside the top4 apart from the likes of Rico and Lundstram?

Maybe martial could be decent till he gets injured again.

• Advertisement

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Looks like vardy and chilwell in with Kane and Diop out. Is it just me or is there nothing worth owning outside the top4 apart from the likes of Rico and Lundstram?

I’d highly reconsider shipping Kane. Look at his upcoming fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I’d highly reconsider shipping Kane. Look at his upcoming fixtures.

Form over fixtures, Spurs have been poor recently

Spurs are home to Sheffield utd (conceded equal least amount of goals in the league) next and then away to west ham. They could be good fixtures but I wouldn’t be banking on it.

Kane was a must-have I thought at 11 million and he’s done fine but it’s hard to ignore how good Leicester are looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Did Cantwell and Wilson to Maddison and Mousset. Mousset will be on the bench. Tricky to pick between Maddison and Tielemans. I think it will be close between them.

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Spurs are home to Sheffield utd (conceded equal least amount of goals in the league) next and then away to west ham. They could be good fixtures but I wouldn’t be banking on it.

Kane was a must-have I thought at 11 million and he’s done fine but it’s hard to ignore how good Leicester are looking.

The way I see it is that Kane is a 20+ goal a season player and will get that.

Vardy will get close to it but I’d already see him as half way there and therefore Kane will score more between now & the end.

Spurs’ fixtures are very favourable and Kane scored in his last game.

I’m seeing that as his kickstart to 20+

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Used my 2 free transfers on Auba and Otamendi to Vardy and TAA.

Considering getting rid of CHO for Grealish for a hit but it’s probably not worth it.

The way I see it is that Kane is a 20+ goal a season player and will get that.

Vardy will get close to it but I’d already see him as half way there and therefore Kane will score more between now & the end.

Spurs’ fixtures are very favourable and Kane scored in his last game.

I’m seeing that as his kickstart to 20+

If it was normal spurs you’d undoubtedly be right but they aren’t showing much at all while Leicester look one of the best attacking sides in Europe currently.

Spurs next fixture is home to Sheffield United which isn’t as good on paper I think that you think it is.

I gave Kane 10 weeks and he’s being ok but Leicester look powerful right now and I still have a wildcard if Leicester somehow fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Aguero -> Vardy
    Salah -> Mane
    McGinn -> DeBruyne

Will be my first hit this season. I can't have Salah with only one attacking return in 5 games, so I'm putting the money into Mane. Likewise, Aguero came good this week, but I'd rather have Vardy starting all games than Aguero starting one in two. McGinn to KdB seems like a nice upgrade that will payback quite quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Weighing up options after several poor weeks.

Salah out for Mane?
    Sterling to de Bruyne?
    If I did those two, I could also swap Abraham for Vardy, though it would be a - 8 so not sure it's worth it, might wait a week or two.

But is it all kneejerk? It's frustrating to look at my midfield and see 1, 2, 1 and 1 so often.

Alternatively, I could keep Salah and Sterling and try swap Mount or Tielemans (not much chance of switching him I don't think) for McGinn and reinvest elsewhere.

Feels like I've hit a bit of a wall and need to make a few changes but Im convinced that once Salah and Sterling are moved out, they'll hit form again and all my league rivals probably have them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Weighing up options after several poor weeks.

Salah out for Mane?
    Sterling to de Bruyne?
    If I did those two, I could also swap Abraham for Vardy, though it would be a - 8 so not sure it's worth it, might wait a week or two.

But is it all kneejerk? It's frustrating to look at my midfield and see 1, 2, 1 and 1 so often.

Alternatively, I could keep Salah and Sterling and try swap Mount or Tielemans (not much chance of switching him I don't think) for McGinn and reinvest elsewhere.

Feels like I've hit a bit of a wall and need to make a few changes but Im convinced that once Salah and Sterling are moved out, they'll hit form again and all my league rivals probably have them!!

No point holding players on 'what if's'. I got rid of Salah for Mane because there's a niggling injury with him and he's off form. His value is dropping and Mane is rising.
    A lot held Pukki for the same reason and paid the price. Bar a couple of players, my team looks very different from what it was in GW 1-3.

Advertisement