Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Would love to know all your team ranks and how your transfers worked or didn’t work from a ranking pov over the following weeks

I made some poor moves and dropped 1.4m places in 3 weeks. Not too many points hits, just a bad run. Back to 1.2 now and took a -8 to bring Vardy Taa and Tielmeans in for Kolasinic Salah and Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Went from 3.3m in GW8 to 1.3m in GW10 with 3 decent captaincy choices on the bounce... greatly aided by other popular captaincy choices failing to produce.

Sterling C in gw11 meant a modest jump of 100k to 1.2m

I was ready to jack it all in around gw6 but I've since decided that I'll play on until I get 3 consecutive red arrows and then i'll pull the plug. Last season it was 1 step forward 1 step back all year and I just can't justify the time I spent chasing shadows once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Would love to know all your team ranks and how your transfers worked or didn’t work from a ranking pov over the following weeks

I made some poor moves and dropped 1.4m places in 3 weeks. Not too many points hits, just a bad run. Back to 1.2 now and took a -8 to bring Vardy Taa and Tielmeans in for Kolasinic Salah and Wilson.

I don't think people realise how tight the points are, taking a -8, could be a few hundred thousand places you drop before a ball is kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Taxuser1 wrote: »

I’m down at 1m OR. My team is ok and this is my second -8 hit of the season (last one was a disaster) . However the underlying reason for my poor rank is captain choice. I haven’t had one decent one all season. All blanked

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’m down at 1m OR. My team is ok and this is my second -8 hit of the season (last one was a disaster) . However the underlying reason for my poor rank is captain choice. I haven’t had one decent one all season. All blanked

Is it down to your captain though? I’ve had Aguero captain every weeks since GW4, and there certainly have been much better returns from others in that time, but if hasn’t really negativity affected my rank.

It’s easy to say it’s your captain - like I said post above taking hits can have a bigger impact than you realise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Next 3 are Brighton Home, Blunts Away and Villa Home

I think they may do some damage

At least now we know what you've been smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Mike3549

I did a -4 only once this season. Didnt work well that gw but worked out better in the long run. Just like everybody else, my captain choices were bad, was late to buy some players who were on demand, left points on the bench. All my transfers were kind of late in the week, so i lost money on tv. At the moment my tv is 100.1 and 1.1 in the bank. Sitting at 95k when usually im at 1-2m mark this time of year. Taking hits work sometimes and sometimes it makes more damage, same with captain choices, starting 11 and bench lineup. Its all just a calculated guess + luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I don't think people realise how tight the points are, taking a -8, could be a few hundred thousand places you drop before a ball is kicked.
    Anyone have that link that shows how far off 100k, 10k etc you are?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Is it down to your captain though? I’ve had Aguero captain every weeks since GW4, and there certainly have been much better returns from others in that time, but if hasn’t really negativity affected my rank.

It’s easy to say it’s your captain - like I said post above taking hits can have a bigger impact than you realise.

My captain has blanked every blanked week - not a good score & better options but blanked.

My captain has blanked every blanked week - not a good score & better options but blanked.

I’ve double checked to be sure & I lied, GW1 I had Salah who scored but after that, 10 weeks have been blanked.

• Advertisement

I’ve double checked to be sure & I lied, GW1 I had Salah who scored but after that, 10 weeks have been blanked.

That’s some bad luck.

I feel like I’m doing very average by only hitting 6 out of 11 captains.

I think it does make a big difference.

Thing is I reckon my blanks were probably highly captained (Kane, Aguero, KDB, Cilson) so that may make it much of a muchness.

That’s some bad luck.

I feel like I’m doing very average by only hitting 6 out of 11 captains.

I think it does make a big difference.

Thing is I reckon my blanks were probably highly captained (Kane, Aguero, KDB, Cilson) so that may make it much of a muchness.

It makes a massive difference when your captain returns, I’d say a returning captain is around 33% of your overall GW score, a non scoring one well 2% or so.

Like you say, much of a muchness on OR when it’s everyone not returning that week.

I’m transferring in Kane and going with him this week. Could be a huge differential with low ownership & City playing Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

Yarmolenko & Aguero > Son & Vardy......seems a no-brainer???

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭505_

I’m having a nightmare this year. Really haven’t had the time to put much effort in. However hoping to make up some ground keeping Aguero. Can’t really understand the rush for everyone to get rid. Vardy obviously in good form and can save a lot of money switching but aguero has lower mins to goal ratio and one more assist. Obviously there’s comfort in knowing vardy will always play but have to feel Jesus had his chance in the last couple of weeks. Big games now for city and surely Agüero will be in for them. He hasn’t a great record at anfield but following fixtures Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Burnley (a), Man Utd (h), arsenal (a) could see him scoring well in all of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nats9314 wrote: »
    Yarmolenko & Aguero > Son & Vardy......seems a no-brainer???

Vardy is a no brainer
    Son is not
    They are NOT in any kind of league form
    AND
    He generally gets benched after INT break
    A definite wait and see until after that for me

You don’t have to spend all the extra money yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It makes a massive difference when your captain returns, I’d say a returning captain is around 33% of your overall GW score, a non scoring one well 2% or so.

Wow I'd love to have a captain blank and score 200 points. :p

Wow I'd love to have a captain blank and score 200 points. :p

You have me confused now. 2% of a GW score of 100 is 2 :) I was being generous saying 2%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Think I need to move Otamendi on

Pope Heaton
    Robertson Rico Ludstrum Soy Ota
    Sterling Mane Martial Saka Douglas luiz
    Kun Jiminez Maupay

Might do a Saka upgrade from the Ota money. Any suggestions lads? I’ve 1FT 0itb

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Start Lowton or Lundstram? Was with Lundstram but with Son's suspension been overturned I'm leaning towards Lowton now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

You have me confused now. 2% of a GW score of 100 is 2 :) I was being generous saying 2%

A captain blank is generally regarded as 4 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Start Lowton or Lundstram? Was with Lundstram but with Son's suspension been overturned I'm leaning towards Lowton now.

Lundstrum

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Trying to figure out who to replace Boly with!

Already have cover from Sheffield United Bournemouth Liverpool Leicester and Burnley.

I was considering a Newcastle defender but there Newcastle!

The other options 5.0 and under are all in bad place for returns or fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

Trying to figure out who to replace Boly with!

Already have cover from Sheffield United Bournemouth Liverpool Leicester and Burnley.

I was considering a Newcastle defender but there Newcastle!

The other options 5.0 and under are all in bad place for returns or fixtures.

Tomori is probably the obvious sub 5.0 option. Also you could swap him for another Wolves defender. I know he was important to their defensive solidity but Wolves have great fixtures. Could do worse than going for Saiss at 4.4.

Like you say, much of a muchness on OR when it’s everyone not returning that week.

I’m transferring in Kane and going with him this week. Could be a huge differential with low ownership & City playing Liverpool.

I think you are overestimating the captains return

The captain return of my teams GWs points each weeks in % is

34%
    23%
    12.5%
    34%
    22%
    23%
    15%
    10%
    21%
    3%
    17%

And for season it’s around 20%

Tomori is probably the obvious sub 5.0 option. Also you could swap him for another Wolves defender. I know he was important to their defensive solidity but Wolves have great fixtures. Could do worse than going for Saiss at 4.4.

Saiss I was looking at earlier in the week is he nailed on though? Tomori I considered a few weeks ago but they can't seem to keep clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

Saiss I was looking at earlier in the week is he nailed on though? Tomori I considered a few weeks ago but they can't seem to keep clean sheets.

Yea i'd be pretty sure he is nailed. Has started every game from GW4 and now that Boly is out too I cant see him being benched.

Yea i'd be pretty sure he is nailed. Has started every game from GW4 and now that Boly is out too I cant see him being benched.

Good stuff I'll have a look again so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Gunn 4.5m button 4.0
    Lundstram 4.5 pva 5.5 pieters 4.6 kelly 4.0 vestergaard 5.1
    Mount 6.5m cantwell 4.7m kdb 9.9m sterlung 12m salah 12.3m
    Aguero 12m pukki 6.6m greenwood 4.3m
    Need to change something up badly, have 2 free transfers and a free hit, any advice please...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gunn 4.5m button 4.0
    Lundstram 4.5 pva 5.5 pieters 4.6 kelly 4.0 vestergaard 5.1
    Mount 6.5m cantwell 4.7m kdb 9.9m sterlung 12m salah 12.3m
    Aguero 12m pukki 6.6m greenwood 4.3m
    Need to change something up badly, have 2 free transfers and a free hit, any advice please...

Vestegaard & Pukki -> Rico & Jimenez. captain Jimenez this weekend. I am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sterlung? To the gameweek match thread!!

Advertisement