Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I think Gen why or True Crime Garage did that one, I heard it before. Mad stuff, wrong time, wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

pc7 wrote: »
    I think Gen why or True Crime Garage did that one, I heard it before. Mad stuff, wrong time, wrong place.

Absolutely horrific. Poor guy. True crime grapple covered it. Much better than Casefile. Explores the history of crime and violence in Mexico too.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    The Mark Kilroy one? First one I couldn't finish. Horrendous!:eek:

Great episode

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Great episode

So well narrated. The only salvation for me was the fact that his parents have such strong faith...really seemed to help them through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Wearing someone's spinal column as a necklace is metal AF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Spoilers ffs.

gruesome last 1/2 hour in that episode alright.

the fact that yer man wasn't bothered when he lops off the head of a hooded boy and finds out that it was his cousin says it all.

glasso wrote: »
    gruesome last 1/2 hour in that episode alright.

the fact that yer man wasn't bothered when he lops off the head of a hooded boy and finds out that it was his cousin says it all.

Sums it up alright...bloody savages.

The last one Hinterkaifeck was seemed disjointed in terms of narrative so I didn't even finish it.

The subject matter also was not great.

Folks, I’m enjoying trawling through the case file archives picking random ones to listen to, what would be your top 3 episodes for me to check out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sherri Rasmussen
    Jennifer Pan
    Tina Watson
    Daniel Morcombe

A few of my favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The episode about the Port Arthur mass killings in Tasmania is something else. Forget what episode it is sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Case 47: Yara Gambirasio

Case 71: Elodie Morel

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tina Watson
    Jennifer Pan
    Daniel Morcombe (one of the saddest, his fathers words really stuck with me,)

So I just listened to the Daniel M one, wow, what an episode. Won’t post anything for fear of spoilers but that was utterly gripping. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Folks, I’m enjoying trawling through the case file archives picking random ones to listen to, what would be your top 3 episodes for me to check out?

Any multi part episode was good too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Silk Road episodes are different and excellent. I wish they would do more of the same.

Case 125 this week was very sad, glad they got closure.

So I just listened to the Daniel M one, wow, what an episode. Won’t post anything for fear of spoilers but that was utterly gripping. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah really stuck with me since I've listened to it. :(

Is it just me who finds most of the episodes draggy and tired these days?

The magic is gone mostly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

glasso wrote:
    Is it just me who finds most of the episodes draggy and tired these days?

glasso wrote:
    The magic is gone mostly

I have been thinking this also but I think we have become desensitized to murders!!!

I am still enjoying moat of the episodes though.

CiaranW wrote: »
    I have been thinking this also but I think we have become desensitized to murders!!!

I am still enjoying moat of the episodes though.

Just don't find the cases being done interesting tbh. I feel that the narrator is not giving it as much also.

At the start he used write the material now he's just reading it out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Like others I have found them to be a bit less gripping than previously

But 126 Johnny Altinger.
    Straight out of Criminals Minds, chilling to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Dateline have now released loads of their episodes as podcasts - very well done, lots of first hand interviews and hilariously OTT delivery from the hosts. I've burned through about 40 of them in the past couple of weeks. Some heart breakers in there though - thought I was fairly immune by now but was in tears at some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Any other podcast similar to this? I love the delivery and detail but struggling to find others where the presenters voice does not make me want to turn off or the reenactment of the event.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Mens Rea is a good Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

megapixel wrote: »
    Any other podcast similar to this? I love the delivery and detail but struggling to find others where the presenters voice does not make me want to turn off or the reenactment of the event.
    Thanks in advance.

They walk among us.

Has anyone tried the new one Casefile have released Silent Waves? Is it worth a listen?

The new episode is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The new episode is fantastic.

The one with the French family? Intriguing story. Very well told.

Advertisement