Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭jmreire

givyjoe wrote: »
    Utterly pathetic.

+ 100% !!! Really scraping the bottom of the barrel now..sympathy vote. What has the private and personal life of a TD got to do with their professional life??? We all have personal tragedy's / problem's etc. But that's what they are "Personal". A few days mourning, then back to work, and life returns to normal for ordinary working people who have to make a living. Sure they will remember anniversaries ect. but the life goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wonder will Humanity be crossed again tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Off to the high court if Bailey gets the heave ho I suspect. Perry from Sligo only cost the party 500k when he took the party on, to let him run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

She was there to explain the offside rule to the GAA officials :)
    Tabnabs wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Result likely to be known before the end of the nine o clock news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Think she has survived the ballot...

ChikiChiki wrote: »

If that's correct I'm truly in shock.

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Probably better to have her on the ballot paper, does FG quite a lot of harm that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

seligehgit wrote: »
    If that's correct I'm truly in shock.

As am I, the word is there was a lot of support.

I'm sitting here wondering, what precedent this further sets for our officials holding public office.

It's a very bad vote for the country if true.

I'm really starting to thing we are a greedy country. National politics seem to mean **** all.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If that's the case, this will reflect EXTREMELY badly on FG... the party of greedy insurance scammers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Blow for Maria Bailey as Fine Gael members in Dun Laoghaire back a motion calling on party HQ to review the general election ticket in her constituency

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Bye bye Maria.... You crossed humanity!!

Review of the party ticket!

Back to party HQ.

Maria Bailey appears likely to be removed from the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

seligehgit wrote: »
    Review of the party ticket!

Back to party HQ.

Maria Bailey appears likely to be removed from the ticket.

Leo is just about stupid and stubborn enough to leave her on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Leo is just about stupid and stubborn worried enough to leave her on it.

No telling what stories Maria might blurt out if cut loose, she knows where the bodies are buried, from Madigans role in the claims saga, all the way back to her crooked Das dealings.

Friends close and enemies closer and all that rigmarole.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Right decision has been made. I mean after they Sean o rourke interview which was an utter train wreck how she didn’t do the right thing and not put her name forward(I’m not sure when the convention was so her name might have went forward prior to swing gate) but hopefully the top brass in FG take her off the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Mixed feelings about this. I was hoping she would get the full distaste for her in a huge electoral defeat.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Will be interesting to see. I’d say she didn’t have the whip removed and expelled from the party because that report was fairly damning to the party as a whole. Add in the Perry legal precedence, I’d say she will still likely be on it. Keeping her happy is probably keeping it from being released to the public.

Not blaming Leo here but he is between the proverbial rock and a hard place. He will have to choose which option does the least damage.

ddarcy wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see. I’d say she didn’t have the whip removed and expelled from the party because that report was fairly damning to the party as a whole. Add in the Perry legal precedence, I’d say she will still likely be on it. Keeping her happy is probably keeping it from being released to the public.

Not blaming Leo here but he is between the proverbial rock and a hard place. He will have to choose which option does the least damage.

Rock and a hard place? He hadn't the balls to be decisive last May instead he commissioned a report hoping that would bury the matter.Reap what you sow. FG doing well to hold two seats in DLR with Bailey on the ticket they will be lucky to get one.

A
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Right decision has been made. I mean after they Sean o rourke interview which was an utter train wreck how she didn’t do the right thing and not put her name forward(I’m not sure when the convention was so her name might have went forward prior to swing gate) but hopefully the top brass in FG take her off the ticket.

Leo and the lads are in a lose lose situation now regardless, if how this is being reported is correct, and the matter is being put back on the top echelons of the FG Party, then they will have to either sink a TD who, (according to them) an unreleased internally conducted investigation completely exonerated her from any wrongdoings, would look like extremely bad form, and hypocritical to get shot of her after that.

Do they look like hypocritical ****, who (in bad form) got rid of an exonerated woman,

Or do they leave a woman on the ticket who the nation view as an absolute charlatan who tried to fleece a local business because of her own stupidity, following the advise of her party colleague still sitting pretty in a ministerial position?

Well done leo, you played an absolute blinder, you absolute Muppet.:D

Had he of removed bailey almost six months ago when he should have, the worst of this would have blown over by now.

D - from me Leo, must try harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Decision left to the gay boys leading FG.

Decision left to the gay boys leading FG.

Who are you hustler. Some people like taco, others go for salad. Bailey is seemingly made of teflon/has dirt on everyone in FG as leverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

He made his own bed when he tried to bury the story under a report. I'm sure he fancies himself as a spin master, but he's absolutely sh1te at it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Are FG party members now suggesting it wasn't a bona fides insurance claim like Maria, Leo, Josepha and Simon said? I am confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Rock and a hard place? He hadn't the balls to be decisive last May instead he commissioned a report hoping that would bury the matter.Reap what you sow. FG doing well to hold two seats in DLR with Bailey on the ticket they will be lucky to get one.

As I said afterwards he has to choose the option with the least amount of damage. Yes he fobbed it off, hoping to bury it, but my guess is, is that if we know what he knows FG could see a 5+ point dip from it. He is being naive thinking this won’t come out though. I’m going to guess that the independent will release more info come election time.

But if he had the balls to drop her, they probably would have recovered by now. So, in my eyes, there is something very destructive to the party in the report that he means having Bailey on the ticket might not get it. I think his incompetence is definitely showing in this regard.

Are FG party members now suggesting it wasn't a bona fides insurance claim like Maria, Leo and Simon said? I am confused.

This.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1190023163570216965?s=19

Basically, there's always the option of Maria spilling the beans on what Madigan advised her to do, releasing same, and then run as an independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Kinda quiet around here. Ladz must be in the bar slaughtering pints and sniffing on the FG expense account

Kinda quiet around here. Ladz must be in the bar slaughtering pints and sniffing on the FG expense account

They're maybe leaving some of their famous skid marks and stains in the hotel jack's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You'd hardly expect him to do something tonight, he's very slow and deliberate on this stuff. I think he'll still try to nudge her towards standing down if he can.

Advertisement