Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luigi's Mansion 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looking forward to collecting mine also.
    I've yet to play Dark Moon too, so might spend the haunting end of October and early November playing some quality spooky-ness!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've yet to play Dark Moon too

Ditto, wonder if I'll want to go back to Dark Moon after though. Just finished the remaster, controlled awful with the small nub. DM has a better gyro implementation, dunno how that happened.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I last played the franchise upon release on the GameCube, I got it with my launch Japanese GC.
    Utterly fantastic game, still own the same copy of the game I imported, brilliant Japanese packaging too.

I always felt it was like controlling a series little solid dioramas in my TV set, loved the shivering coward, tiptoeing around the mansion, humming the background music, just brilliant.

loved the shivering coward

He's just cautious I won't hear this slander man

81lvk4EfGxL._SX679_.jpg

Unofficially best 3DS, damn shame it came out before the New 3DS. Now the official best is the white n3ds non xl with the SNES buttons.

I'm a big Luigi fan, have the lovely green standalone copy of Super Luigi U on the WiiU!
    My n3DS has a Luigi set of face plates too!
    I did want that Luigi issue 3DS:XL though, might keep an eye out for the collection, need to pick one up anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I've yet to play Dark Moon too, so might spend the haunting end of October and early November playing some quality spooky-ness!

Played first few hours Dark Moon with gf watching a few weeks ago. Its so good, we been humming the songs and saying WELLO each day to each other since. Entailed in the cuteness of it all. It does seem like mini dioramas each level, cant wait now for Steelbook to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

It's 49.99 in Smyths as a pre-order which is a good price IMO

They charged me €55 tonight! Ready for collection tomorrow

Order says €59.99 - €5 which is what they took from my card

I see it’s €54.99 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you pre-order up to a few days before release it's usually even cheaper. They up the price a day or two before launch on all new releases.

So you bought it online but can collect in store?

Also, it was 50 total for me, 5 off during pre-order, 45 more to pay... instore pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Smyths don't charge when you're collecting in store until you physically pick it up. Make sure you didn't order for delivery. Sounds like you did if they've charged now.

I've ordered dozens of games off them for collection and I've never once been charged until I turned up to get it. They only ever charge me in advance when they're posting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In my experience, the preorder discount ends a few days before launch.

€54.99 in Argos too, FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,419 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hopefully they fixed the low health warning. I heard that sound ruins the experience.

Ya, I watched that video on GameXplain and the Dumb and Dumber reference was perfect. Really annoying sound.

Edit: Here's the clip for those that didn't see it.

Luigi's Mansion 3's Low-Health Sound is SO ANNOYING

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yDOVPAai4Uk

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How many days are preorders held in gamestop?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How many days are preorders held in gamestop?

48 hours supposedly.

Smyths don't charge when you're collecting in store until you physically pick it up. Make sure you didn't order for delivery. Sounds like you did if they've charged now.

I've ordered dozens of games off them for collection and I've never once been charged until I turned up to get it. They only ever charge me in advance when they're posting it.

Strange, 100% it’s for collection because I got the message that it’s ready and waiting for me in store. Every preorder for collection I get charged the evening before

GhostyMcGhost in the LM3 Thread :D

GhostyMcGhost in the LM3 Thread :D

On hallowe’en no less ..... wwwwwwooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

On hallowe’en no less ..... wwwwwwooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

And you got a Thanks from T. Hanks. Spooky! :p

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    48 hours supposedly.
    Grand. Won't be playing tonight anyway so was gonna get it Saturday. Will pick it up at lunch tomorrow instead

Got a Poulterpup keyring free in GameStop. Now need to wait untill tonight to play :(

So I preordered this and was €60 - €5 offer (€55) to collect in store

Price was reduced by €5, came out on release at €55 but I still paid the same.
    Pre-Order with a money off voucher: you will receive either the benefit of our pre-order price promise or the voucher, not both together.

Thanks Smyths... I get the benefit of.... nothing

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Got a Poulterpup keyring free in GameStop. Now need to wait untill tonight to play :(
    Got one as well. Nice wee extra. Similar to getting the unexpected Zelda poster and magnets.

Had time to pick it up, though likely won't be playing until the weekend.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got one as well. Nice wee extra. Similar to getting the unexpected Zelda poster and magnets.

Had time to pick it up, though likely won't be playing until the weekend.

I had traded the Division 2 in against it ages ago with another old game so got €10 back off GameStop as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

TitianGerm wrote: »

got nothing in smyths :(

safetyboy wrote: »

You got the satisfaction of not giving Gamestop any money. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

safetyboy wrote: »

I got the keyring from Smyths this morning when I got my pre-order. Had a cardboard box in view behind the counter with them in it

Got unexpected keyring in GS, happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Only played a little, but it's gorgeous, and plays beautifully so far!

Vacuuming is fun... Whoda thunk it?

Advertisement