Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luigi's Mansion 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

safetyboy wrote: »
    got nothing in smyths :(

I had a pre order in Smyths the last few months, I got the key ring - the two young lads spent the day fighting over who got to keep it!

This was the game I was most looking forward to in 2019. Spent a good few hours at it today and I have to say I’m not disappointed. Worth the wait

Looking forward to getting stuck started tonight, hearing nothing but great things. Nintendo does it again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cidonalad is loving it, looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm finding the aiming on my flashlight a little odd. Seems to move really slowly horizontally but goes mad twitchy when aiming up the way.

What's the best way to have the movement set when vacuuming? One just seems to let you move in a straight line and you use the right stick to steer or the other option lets you move fully?

Loved the animation when Luigi goes stiff as a board when scared :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Well, I'm incredibly impressed. Whichever team put this together just released the best looking game on Switch. This is the best argument for locking to 30fps I have seen recently, especially compared with the stuttery mess of Link's Awakening. Plays great, great animation, funny, gorgeous lighting, cutscenes I wouldn't believe were in-engine if not for the aliasing and mid-quality ambient occlusion, I could go on. Early contender for GOTY for me.

Plus Smyths came through, 50 euro with this cool keychain that can join the rest of my gachas

61NJn4-ZhOL._SX569_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

PostWoke wrote: »
    Plus Smyths came through, 50 euro with this cool keychain that can join the rest of my gachas

How’d you get in smyths for €50? I essentially lost the €5 discount because they reduced the price by €5 anyway

Didn’t get a key ring either :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

How’d you get in smyths for €50? I essentially lost the €5 discount because they reduced the price by €5 anyway

Didn’t get a key ring either :)

Pre-order. Paid 5, with 45 to go. I believe Pokemon is the same which is a crazy price. They could obviously charge much more. Steelbook with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

My one complaint so far is the dark light on X such a pain in the *** to hold it and try moving around should be in place of the boost or jump button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

shanec1928 wrote: »
    My one complaint so far is the dark light on X such a pain in the *** to hold it and try moving around should be in place of the boost or jump button.

You can also activate it by holding L+R, if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

the controls are horrible tbh its great but all over the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

safetyboy wrote: »
    the controls are horrible tbh its great but all over the place

Yeah, I'm not loving the controls, seem very arbitrary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    You can also activate it by holding L+R, if that's any help.

That’s much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Got another email from Nintendo just saying that they know my preorder hasn't shipped yet and they're looking into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

shanec1928 wrote: »
    That’s much better!

Also just press L for the plunger thingy with better aim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

The virtual boo is pure genius! :)

Played two hours this morning and the best thing I can say about the game is it just puts a smile on your face when you play. It's so charming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Played two hours this morning and the best thing I can say about the game is it just puts a smile on your face when you play. It's so charming.

the boss on the hotel shop level is freakin hillarious, laughed really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

still finding the controls awkward, not sure if its the aiming or as soon as you touch the right stick he spins around

Just as a warning to others. If your other half is playing the game and doing quite well don't tell them that all the hoovering they do around the house was good practice for the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was saying to mine that who else would make a game so full of charm, that's essentially about hoovering...

• Advertisement

Starting the game now!
    What's the best way to control the game? Pro controller or Joycon?

Starting the game now!
    What's the best way to control the game? Pro controller or Joycon?

I've just played handheld so far. Plays very well.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I've just played handheld so far. Plays very well.

Gonna play on IPS monitor but will start with joycons
    Cheers.

Gonna play on IPS monitor but will start with joycons
    Cheers.

Your in for a treat. Might be my game of the year so far :)

What a stunning intro!
    Smiling all the way, the graphics and physics too are something else

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Still getting used to the controls but have to ask has
    E Gadd
    always spoken Ewok?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Still getting used to the controls but have to ask has
    E Gadd
    always spoken Ewok?

I noticed that too.
    I don't ever remember him talking that way on the GameCube but been ages since I played LM1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's the way that character has always spoken!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started this morning in bed. Played an hour. Wonderful game. So charming and funny. Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I’m really liking this but I cannot stop playing The Witcher.

Advertisement