Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream big, work hard, achieve your goals - My DCM '19 Journey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

skyblue46 wrote: »
    You couldn't have done it better. Great running and brilliant attitude to it all. Really well done.

Thank you & thank you for your help :)

eabha19 wrote: »
    Amazing running Lainey. Delighted I got to meet you even though I was like the walking dead by that stage!!

Thanks so much, was a pleasure meeting you too :)

ReeReeG wrote: »
    Superb race, you were totally in control! Well done :) was great to meet you!

Thanks so much for all the help along the way! It was lovely to meet you too in McGrattons:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Super stuff, great racing and a performance to be really proud off!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    Super stuff, great racing and a performance to be really proud off!!

Thank you, i am honestly thrilled:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 fatboyfin

Thst is an amazing run - thoroughly deserved given your commitment to the training programme. Congrats, enjoy the post marathon high..... before the next phase of base building commences!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Thought I posted on your log earlier but was the grads thread somehow. Well done again. Dying to see where your times go next. You’ve a great talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Congrats E. A perfect race from a perfect Novice. That's an amazing time for your debut. You will only get stronger from here and continue to smash PBs all thru 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Wow, what a great race report. Congrats on a brilliant marathon. Sounds like a plan perfectly executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Super well done E! What a debut!

Sorry I didn't realise it was you in McGrattans until I was getting ready to leave!! :o

Lovely to meet you in person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Absolutely smashing debut, congratulations on a great race! Will be following this log with interest, no doubt there is some brilliant times coming your way. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Well done again E, great debut but it will be your slowest ever marathon I'm sure.

Great to chat to you afterwards. I don't bring Fiona out with me that often as everyone likes her so much better than me :D:D She thinks you're sound out and such a naturally talented runner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Incredible run! You so deserved it - your training was unbelievably good and you had a fantastic attitude to boot!

I can't believe you managed that time AND you had a pit stop along the way - class! Best of luck with your sub 3:30 - you will smash that too. Hope to see you at Trim in Feb.

Congratulations!!

Thanks so much everyone i am still buzzing:)

K it was lovely to meet even if it was a brief encounter ;)

T i totally get that all the time, my hubby is the funny one, so for now we sit in our partners shadows :eek: that is until we get the vapourflys & become heroes:D

Bananaleaf thanks so much, gonna check my calendar & see what runs i'm looking at but 100% we have to meet up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Oh wow what a great report and supper running well done what a cracking time nice one!
    PS I cried when I got my medal and when I got to McGrattans and seen Browneyes :D all happy tears LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Wow - you really did smash it. You'd a fantastic attitude to the whole training block and I'm so glad you enjoyed your day. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Brilliant race and report, can't wait to see the progression going forward :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Superb run and report. You seem to have literally glided through the race. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wow!!! That's a cracking marathon, and to run it on debut? Wow!

Really well done E - it was just reward for a great block of training. Glad I got to say hi in McGrattan's, albeit briefly.

Your enthusiasm is infectious and really comes through in your posts and on strava. It's really nice to see. You'll have lots of fun over the next few months as your running goes to another level.

• Advertisement

Thank you for all the lovely Messages:)

D - haha i wouldn't exactly say glide but i did thoroughly enjoy it ;)

E & A - Thank you for you help & advice on the Novice thread :) It was lovely to meet you both in McGrattons! Very best of luck for whatever goals you both set for the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Brilliant debut marathon and report E. Lots more improvement to come I'm sure!

Brilliant debut marathon and report E. Lots more improvement to come I'm sure!

Thanks a mill :)

Yep thats the plan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Only just reading your report now, wow! You make running a marathon sound so easy! That was a fantastic debut and I'm looking forward to seeing what more you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Many congrats - that was a super run. Top execution.

Thanks a mill :D

Distance|Time|Position|
    10k|54:55|7427|
    20k|01:48:46| 7089|
    Half|01:54:09|6854|
    30k|02:41:09|5835|
    40k|03:31:58|4645|
    Finish|03:42:47|4385

Seen this table on Kellygirls log so decided to borrow it ;) Amazing to see how many people i passed because it honestly feels like a blur ;)

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments on here! I'm still buzzing & honestly couldn't have done it without the sound advice & encouragement from so many on here!

Sat 2nd Nov - Easy miles
    10:30, 10:36, 10:40

Absolutely itching to get out!! Waited until my body felt ok & really took it easy. This will be my plan for the next few weeks before i begin a new plan! Have the Jingle bells 5k booked hopefully attempt it at a decent pace :D Also couldn't resist the 2020DCM so looks like i'll be attempting to better my time:eek:
    For now i'll just do the easy runs easy :D

That’s a great looking table. Some boost to see how many people you passed out / or places you moved up. A great way to run a race.

Kellygirl wrote: »
    That’s a great looking table. Some boost to see how many people you passed out / or places you moved up. A great way to run a race.

I loved it when i seen it on your page so cheers;)
    Yeah to see it like that is amazing!!

• Advertisement

I loved it when i seen it on your page so cheers;)
    Yeah to see it like that is amazing!!

Do your kids know to tell everybody you passed out 3042 people on your way to the finish line when they go back to school tomorrow??? ;)

Advertisement