Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    Not jester not bad, genuine reaction to being saved think its hilarious as I had my goodbye playlist done

Why are you telegraphing moves to wolves

Honestly the biggest issue with the village right now is the lack of info going around. Yes the wolves will read what im saying too, but if we dont start coordinating, we are screwed. I really dont want to relive yesterday where we talk up lynching you, only to find the votes have been changed again.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Sorry coffee hasnt kicked in yet. What cant both be good?

If the seer hasnt done so already to potentially give us an either way 2for, i think this is a good plan for today.

Both can be good and both can be bad.

- both good, given poison by baddies
    - one good and one bad (Derry has to be baddy unless the alignment check was a fake power)
    - Both bad, given poison by a goody (highly low probability they would target two wolves) and somebody gave antidote
    - Both bad and wolves also have an antidote so used it to try and get teammates village credibility. Plausible but why use now and it doesn’t necessarily get them any credibility in a game where there seems to be loads of people with loads of different powers.

If I had to bet, I’d say Lucy is good and Derry is more likely good then bad but there’s always a chance of some f**ckary from wolves.

No speed day please.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Not jester not bad, genuine reaction to being saved think its hilarious as I had my goodbye playlist done

Why are you telegraphing moves to wolves

I wouldn't say it's telegraphing moves, the question is out there, who pulled you from the path of the train and why?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Just back now. What a sh*t show.

Has anyone totted all the votes? If so, can you let me know and I'll check your posts and use your work. If not, I'll do it now.

If anyone hasn't voted for a second time, we have to have them high as potential Jester.

Regan, I think you need to tell us what your role is when we hit day 3 at 10am or I'm going to be convinced you're a cub.

Brendan - those posts doing a commentary from the beginning just screamed posting for the sake of posting for me. I feel all hairy about you this morning.

I made a list of last.nights votes a few pages back, they're in alphabetical order though rather than by number of votes each received so maybe not most user friendly format, feel free to taje and tidy up.

On the double no vote thing - Mary didn't vote last night, can't remember if she voted Night 1 or.not?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Morning all.

I see there has been a lot of talk about the poison but people seem to forget that there was two people possibly poisoned and we don't know who carried out the poisoning, who got the real poison or who was healed. I don't mind healthy discussion but people seem to be forgetting about Liam in all of this.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    A thought on number of wolves plus jester, what if there's only a low number of wolves plus jester with the mods aiming for a paranoid village?

With Necro modding anything is possible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Regan said they have a role that won’t activate until day three.

I don’t believe a wolf admits that. If anything, it’s probably slapped a massive target on Regans back now. The wolves will be wondering if they have to hit Regan quickly now, or risk whatever power that is activating.

The wolves would have clarified to Regan in the backroom what such a power entails.

It’s either a relatively new player possibly making a mistake, or a really intelligent wolf trying to buy themselves a few days. A jester certainly doesn’t create a story that encourages the village to leave the, alive.

Still catching up on yesterdays posts. Forgive me.

Eva, giving Regan a pass for saying he has a role that wont activate until day 3.

My thoughts on this claim a different.

Hypothetically, lets say Regans a wolf, he could claim this as an attempt to get himself to day 3 9n order to use his power hoping others wont lynch him yet out of curiosity.

He may be bluffing about the 3 day thing completely.

That being said he could be obviously telling the truth too.

Point is I can see a wolf making this claim, esp since theres heat on Regan.

If ues good and claiming that, I would imagine the wolves will kill him as he could be potentially a powerful player at day 3.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's telegraphing moves, the question is out there, who pulled you from the path of the train and why?

Id like to know too. Hoping it is for thre power of good. Either way im munched at 10 by scaredy cat wolves or lynched by headless chicken villagers

Conor WW wrote: »
    Both can be good and both can be bad.

- both good, given poison by baddies
    - one good and one bad (Derry has to be baddy unless the alignment check was a fake power)
    - Both bad, given poison by a goody (highly low probability they would target two wolves) and somebody gave antidote
    - Both bad and wolves also have an antidote so used it to try and get teammates village credibility. Plausible but why use now and it doesn’t necessarily get them any credibility in a game where there seems to be loads of people with loads of different powers.

If I had to bet, I’d say Lucy is good and Derry is more likely good then bad but there’s always a chance of some f**ckary from wolves.

Ok. I think a seer peek gives us lots of info here; and potentially a core? Given the scenarios above, i think its preferable to an info lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I made a list of last.nights votes a few pages back, they're in alphabetical order though rather than by number of votes each received so maybe not most user friendly format, feel free to taje and tidy up.

On the double no vote thing - Mary didn't vote last night, can't remember if she voted Night 1 or.not?

she didn't vote night one, so i'd have her number one on my jester list

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Ahhh got it thanks for that explanation :)

Hmm,

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Morning all.

I see there has been a lot of talk about the poison but people seem to forget that there was two people possibly poisoned and we don't know who carried out the poisoning, who got the real poison or who was healed. I don't mind healthy discussion but people seem to be forgetting about Liam in all of this.

Wait a second, was it Liam and Lucy who were poisoned? So how did you get chosen to be the person making the wish?

Morning all.

Sorry Derry - i may have missed it. Did you get the real poison and get healed? Or did Liam?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I think the poison is a bad power. If it's a good power, then curing ruined any answers we might have gotten from knowing alignment if derry died.

Or the curer is a bad power, if it's separate to poisoner.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

So Dessie is the wish granter, once a person (Derry) makes a wish on thread he could grant a wish to tell Derry Lucy’s allignment.

Dessie was good and the power was real. So at least one of Derry/Lucy are good if the poison came from a baddy. However if the poison came from a goody they could both theoretically be bad.

On the balance of probabilities I think two baddies being poisoned by a goody is highly unlikely. As such, for now I think it’s reasonable to take Derry and Lucy we good but seer should peak Derry. The caveat of course is whether or not the person giving the poison can choose who gets which one. No point in baddies 50/50ing one of their own unless they had an antidote, but would they waste a kill power to buy credibility? Maybe but that’s a big gamble that could just as easily bring unwanted attention to their players.

Conor, Derry and LIAM were poisoned, Lucy was just the person Derry chose to peek.

Emily WW wrote: »
    Fair point.

I am also very wary of people saying "FFA cos they voted no lynch". It is an extremely easy option for a Wolf now

I concur, saying giving the no lynch reason for voting is an easy out.

Vote for someone for a little more than that. No lynch can not be reason alone, esp at this point in the game where we have over 1000 posts.... plenty of other reasons to suspect people

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Add these questions to my own please

Answer to this above abs.

she didn't vote night one, so i'd have her number one on my jester list

I have a suspicion that the Mary we met this morning is brand new to Southpark.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Wait a second, was it Liam and Lucy who were poisoned? So how did you get chosen to be the person making the wish?

No it was me and Liam who were poisoned.
    Sorry Derry - i may have missed it. Did you get the real poison and get healed? Or did Liam?

I don't know, we were never told

So presumably there is a healer out there who can clear this up? At least give us more info on why they healed someone?

• Advertisement

That seems odd.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I think the poison is a bad power. If it's a good power, then curing ruined any answers we might have gotten from knowing alignment if derry died.

Or the curer is a bad power, if it's separate to poisoner.

The village requested Derry be healed over Liam yesterday afternoon. I don't think we can tell alignment of anything off those facts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Just back now. What a sh*t show.

Has anyone totted all the votes? If so, can you let me know and I'll check your posts and use your work. If not, I'll do it now.

If anyone hasn't voted for a second time, we have to have them high as potential Jester.

Regan, I think you need to tell us what your role is when we hit day 3 at 10am or I'm going to be convinced you're a cub.

Brendan - those posts doing a commentary from the beginning just screamed posting for the sake of posting for me. I feel all hairy about you this morning.
    FIRST VOTE
    Final position (would be great if someone could double-check)

No lynch - Barbara / Regan / Ewan / Oisin / Conor / Phil / Liam / Lucy
    Lucy - Wendy / Winifred / Orla / Vernon / Henry
    Steve - Emily / Gertrude / Patrick
    Regan - Eva / Doris / Clodagh
    Eva - Senan
    Ewan - Steve
    Liam - Isla
    Wendy - Desmond
    Phil - Brendan

Didn't vote: Abigail, Angus, Derry, Fiona, Frank, Gabriel, Holly, Mary

Copied and pasted this from someone else

Vernon WW wrote: »
    The village requested Derry be healed over Liam yesterday afternoon. I don't think we can tell alignment of anything off those facts

When did the villagers decide on this V.

Frank WW wrote: »
    If it was right, we got a wolf
    If it was wrong, we got information
    With no lynch, we got precisely the square root of sweet **** all

I dont think we have sweet f all, we are a villager higher in numbers as we were certainly going to Lynch Steve or Lucy, both seemingly villagers in hindsight

I still think No Lynch is the cowards way to play. Id rather risk lynching someone. More reward

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I dont think we have sweet f all, we are a villager higher in numbers as we were certainly going to Lynch Steve or Lucy, both seemingly villagers in hindsight

I still think No Lynch is the cowards way to play. Id rather risk lynching someone. More reward

You’re up nice and early today Bren.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Right reading back over post-lynch, and two scenarios seem likely to me.

Regan is Jester and the role manipulator (could be either alignment) switched to Gabe as they suspected Regan was looking to be lynched.

Regan is the vote manipulator and saved themselves.

I cant tell if Regans reaction is genuine or not. They seem to have accepted they were gonna get lynched and seemed surprised they had survived. Could be theatre, but seems genuine to me. Would lend itself to scenario 1.

I think we need to make a call on this (what to do with Regan) because if the wolves dont munch Regan (which really they should), we could end up doing the same dance as yesterday with the same results.

I really think the most likely thing is that Regan was saved by the wolves. If a goodie did that, I think they'd tell us by now. Not a hope a wolf would tell us. Why would a villager even bother that early in the game saving a random person

Has Liam confirmed this? If you were fake poisoned you might not have needed healing and healer could've healed Liam?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Answer to this above abs.

Yeah, seeing that now. What about my other thought - about why the curer may not have claimed it?

• Advertisement

Brendan WW wrote: »

Well that kinda depends on Lucys role. I think lynching Steve would have been bad, i think we can agree. The net result of us not lynching is that we didn't kill whatever role lucy is and kept Steve around a little longer. if we had killed him, we would have lost his role and then the wolves would have killed another role anyway.

I understand what you are saying about us potentially voting a wolf, but the two main candidates to die beyond the no lynch vote were both RVs. So, in retrospect, it was the right call, imo.

Advertisement