Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I'm struggling to keep up and won't be around for the evening. Desperately thinking who to vote for.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

@ Frank

Are you just skimming through or have you read properly up to a certain point?

Cos you've not posted much and then just bang out an FFA and a vote out of nowhere.....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    I'm just after voting Regan. What is it that they admitted?

Regan said they have a role that won’t activate until day three.

I don’t believe a wolf admits that. If anything, it’s probably slapped a massive target on Regans back now. The wolves will be wondering if they have to hit Regan quickly now, or risk whatever power that is activating.

The wolves would have clarified to Regan in the backroom what such a power entails.

It’s either a relatively new player possibly making a mistake, or a really intelligent wolf trying to buy themselves a few days. A jester certainly doesn’t create a story that encourages the village to leave the, alive.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    @ Frank

Are you just skimming through or have you read properly up to a certain point?

Cos you've not posted much and then just bang out an FFA and a vote out of nowhere.....

Skimming

I'm not really available at the weekends to play. Only get to post during the week. I've skimmed, I've checked the vote counter for yesterday, saw there was a load of people on no lynch, which I as a rule do not like and I've put them in my ffa for that.

Regan has claimed to have some role that reveals itself on day3, but that's neither villager or wolf imo. Could easily be a wolf looking to buy time, especially when it was softed before it was claimed and when they already got votes day1.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Regan said they have a role that won’t activate until day three.

I don’t believe a wolf admits that. If anything, it’s probably slapped a massive target on Regans back now. The wolves will be wondering if they have to hit Regan quickly now, or risk whatever power that is activating.

The wolves would have clarified to Regan in the backroom what such a power entails.

It’s either a relatively new player possibly making a mistake, or a really intelligent wolf trying to buy themselves a few days. A jester certainly doesn’t create a story that encourages the village to leave the, alive.

Well, a somewhat intelligent wolf play would suffice other than really intelligent. I'd be disinclined to give the claim much in the way of village points myself

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Regan could be telling the truth about not getting her role til day 3 but it could be a wolf role too. I just find it strange that she is the only person saying they haven't gotten a role yet. My vote is currently here.

I am leaving work now, will be back on in a couple of hours.

Well, a somewhat intelligent wolf play would suffice other than really intelligent. I'd be disinclined to give the claim much in the way of village points myself

source.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Is it #FFA1 or #FFA2?

Skimming

I'm not really available at the weekends to play. Only get to post during the week. I've skimmed, I've checked the vote counter for yesterday, saw there was a load of people on no lynch, which I as a rule do not like and I've put them in my ffa for that.

Regan has claimed to have some role that reveals itself on day3, but that's neither villager or wolf imo. Could easily be a wolf looking to buy time, especially when it was softed before it was claimed and when they already got votes day1.

Fair enough.

I hate the no lynch vote yesterday.

Not sure where to fall on Regan. Phils spot above has me weary of them. Why bother lying?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Regan could be telling the truth about not getting her role til day 3 but it could be a wolf role too. I just find it strange that she is the only person saying they haven't gotten a role yet. My vote is currently here.

I am leaving work now, will be back on in a couple of hours.

Regan is a female name?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

As well as trying to sort out who’s up for the chop tonight, should we also be trying to compile a few options for Jester incase there’s any good bullets lying around and someone gets trigger happy?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Fair enough.

Not sure where to fall on Regan. Phils spot above has me weary of them. Why bother lying?

Considering I would have been wrongly lynched thanks to Orla and Wendy, I'm glad no vote won.

Fair enough.

It does seem strange that they wouldn't remember who they interacted with over a sustained period in thread. I'd usually remember that myself. In particular, I'd be marking the card of the person who gave me a hard time.

Whats the story with Gabriel?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Regan is a female name?

I'd be inclined to believe it is

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Considering I would have been wrongly lynched thanks to Orla and Wendy, I'm glad no vote won.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b42a55131ad4403b62485ddb4a1058ade86c61b9&rid=giphy.gif

Fair point.

I am also very wary of people saying "FFA cos they voted no lynch". It is an extremely easy option for a Wolf now

If it was right, we got a wolf
    If it was wrong, we got information
    With no lynch, we got precisely the square root of sweet **** all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Is it #FFA1 or #FFA2?

This is my FFA for Monday

Regan - after a recent conversation with him regarding Steve, Regan said he doesn’t think he has chatted to Steve. I was going back over Steve the ultimate power givers posts and there’s a full blown conversation between them. Blatant lie from Regan. Villagers need not lie.

Wendy - could Wendy be a wolf pretending to be the jester in order to not get voted? But then Wendy could just be the jester. Something wrong here regardless.

Liam - yesterday Liam came into thread asking why 2 people had bolded their posts. His next post right after was about wishes. I went back over the posts where wishes were requested and there had been 10. I raised this with Liam but he has ignored my question so far.

Let me guess.....you want to shoot her also?

• Advertisement

Havent noticed her on since this morning when she was going at it with Senan.

I said at the time that I thought it could have been a bit of over acting on both of their parts. Still debating that

Is gabriel a female name ?

Not sure and dont really care

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Wendifer, what is the difference between Goodie and Village here? Surely they are the same thing.

Yeah Abs, goodie and villager same thing. Explained my error earlier.

Not sure and dont really care

Ok grumpy socks.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    I'm struggling to keep up and won't be around for the evening. Desperately thinking who to vote for.

5 minutes after this post they voted for gabriel.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Regan is a female name?

So is Wendy and Clodagh and many others don't think it makes any odds, they could have been just random name allocations.
    List:

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Fiona WW
    Frank WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Liam WW
    Lucy WW
    Mary WW
    Oisin WW
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Regan WW
    Senan WW
    Steve WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

Let me guess.....you want to shoot her also?

Not everyone gets shot Wendigo

No lynch - Barbara / Regan / Ewan / Oisin / Conor / Phil / Liam / Lucy
    Lucy - Wendy / Winifred / Orla / Vernon / Henry
    Steve - Emily / Gertrude / Patrick

Crossing out people on my current "Trust" list....

Senan, I think, raised the point about "Would wolves really vote into those categories. Absolutely. Every game, night one, the wolves will spread out a bit, but there'll always be one in each wagon, if not two. Its "safe" votes that you can justify later in the game. "Oh, everyone was voting that way, so I did too cause I didn't know where else to vote".

The list of "Didn't votes".

Didn't vote: Abigail, Angus, Derry, Fiona, Frank, Gabriel, Holly, Mary

So, here's my current stance on that. If any of them were posting, and CHOSE not to vote, I'm inclined to take a lot of them off the wolf list currently. My instinct is the wolves would mostly try and vote, so as not to draw that sort of negative attention, via self-votes.

Would a wolf choose not to vote? Possibly. Would multiple wolves choose not to vote? I don't believe so.

But I'd put money on there being at least one wolf in the No Lynchs, one in the Lucy votes (especially if we trust Derry and Lucy aren't working together, and Lucy is peeked good), and possibly one in Steve

Which means I'd see it currently as...

No Lynch - At least 1/8 chance of hitting a wolf. 1/7 if we choose to believe Derry is legit with the peek. And I think its safe to say Derry did get that peek, even if the result might be a lie.
    Lucy - 1/5 chance of hitting a wolf. Based on the fact I have decent leans on Wendy and Henry, I'd personally have 1/3 (Unless my reads are wrong, which there's a strong chance they are :pac:)
    Steve - Would a wolf have jumped on that possible wagon, or what they thought would be a stronger wagon? If so, possibly a 1/3 chance there too. Can't see there being two on him though.

Worth noting Regan and Steve both got three votes, but Regan seems less of a wagon as the vote deadline was approaching. But I wanted to point out that its possible there was a wolf in there, and not look like I've left that off because I'm one of the three who voted him.

If you believe a wolf would have thrown a vote on Steve because there was a mini-wagon being talked about on him, that's the safest 1/3 bet on the three top options.

• Advertisement

Good question! Don’t know!

Advertisement