Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Joe was a great coach for Ireland, he raised our level and our expectations. Some of our players have been off form and some just had an off day yesterday and some were short of game time. The defeat is not 100% down to Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

is_that_so wrote: »
    So when are the returning RWC players likely to be rolled back into the first 15?

Think they were back within 2 or 3 weeks after 2015, but might be a bit longer considering the travel distance. Treviso would be the most likely target or even the Lyon game after, but we might see a few integrated back in vs Connacht

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Rob Kearney - Not trying to drag this into the gutter and came to this tread for some thoughts and insights - contracted to 2020,
    So who follows at FB?
    Larmour? Any prospects other than Keenan?

Lowe eligible for Ireland in autumn 2020
    15 Larmour; Lowe, Stockdale
    Is a great way for Andy Farrell to bring impetus into the side.

Lowe on right wing not ideal for a lefty-Andy Farrell could flex some muscle and want Lowe at FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,075 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Rob Kearney - Not trying to drag this into the gutter and came to this tread for some thoughts and insights - contracted to 2020,
    So who follows at FB?
    Larmour? Any prospects other than Keenan?

Lowe eligible for Ireland in autumn 2020
    15 Larmour; Lowe, Stockdale
    Is a great way for Andy Farrell to bring impetus into the side.

Lowe on right wing not ideal for a lefty-Andy Farrell could flex some muscle and want Lowe at FB.

I'd start Lowe at 11, he's better than Stockdale imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Lowe’s the best winger playing in Ireland by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Right now - Yes
    I feel Earls would be under more threat by 2021 6N

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Can we keep the Ireland discussion out of the Leinster thread.....its boring enough now on the other threads.....

Kearney has oneyear left and I still struggle to figure out why they extended but anyway. Larmour should be the nailed on starter going forward.

Jimmy O'Brien/Keenan have started so far in Pro14 so I guess they will be options moving forward. So we would have Larmour/Keenan/DKearney and potentially Frawley as a 15. With Lowe if required

Was Tomane on a 2 year contract? If so we should try to extend

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Right now - Yes
    I feel Earls would be under more threat by 2021 6N

Earls should be dropped now.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,279 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I remember the joy of us winning the triple crown in 2004... The first one in 19 years.

Now when our coach doesn't win the RWC his Irish career is a failure...

We've become icarus.....

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I remember the joy of us winning the triple crown in 2004... The first one in 19 years.

Now when our coach doesn't win the RWC his Irish career is a failure...

We've become icarus.....

I have seen a Grand Slam been referred to as BS on this forum

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

None of this has anything to do with Leinster. This isn't a thread for Leinster fans to sit and moan about criticisms being posted about their former coach elsewhere in the forum.

Any updates on Leavy, is there any likelyhood of him returning this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,329 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

That's terrible news.

But what an opportunity for Doris or Deegan, not only to play big matches for Leinster, but also get a place in the 6N squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Awful news for Conan. Leinster should be ok without him as their European pool isn't difficult and they'll be fine in the Pro14. No need to get Conan back before April.

This is Deegan's chance now.....if he doesn't step up then Doris needs to step in.....this might be the making of Deegan

Awful news for Conan but a
    Deegan, VDF, Ruddock back row is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Any updates on Leavy, is there any likelyhood of him returning this season?

Unlikely Leavy will return this sesaon. 9 months would be a conservative estimate for an ACL and that doesn't include all the other horrendous stuff that happened his knee.

I'd be shocked if he was ready in anywhere close to a year from the initial injury

Unlikely Leavy will return this sesaon. 9 months would be a conservative estimate for an ACL and that doesn't include all the other horrendous stuff that happened his knee.

I'd be shocked if he was ready in anywhere close to a year from the initial injury

I agree

He was going in for another operation before the WC and then heading off somewhere for rehab

I doubt he will show up this season and probably better to target preseason in 2020/21 season

• Registered Users Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

So that's Leavy and Conan not for the majority of the season. Potentially missing the entire season in Leavy's case.

That's is going to be a major rebuilding season now. It's rather exciting tbh.

Opportunity beckons for the young cohort coming through. In some ways, could work really well for the team. Doesn't remove the sting of losing two quality players tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Clegg wrote: »
    So that's Leavy and Conan not for the majority of the season. Potentially missing the entire season in Leavy's case.

That's is going to be a major rebuilding season now. It's rather exciting tbh.

That's what I'm thinking tbh. Deegan and Doris will get loads of gametime, as will Penny and Connors.

The fit backrow pool is then: Ruddock, Murphy, Penny, VdF, Connors, Deegan Doris

Am I forgetting anyone? Still not bad going considering Conan and Leavy are out, SOB has just left and Nordi left the season previously.

That's what I'm thinking tbh. Deegan and Doris will get loads of gametime, as will Penny and Connors.

The fit backrow pool is then: Ruddock, Murphy, Penny, VdF, Connors, Deegan Doris

Am I forgetting anyone? Still not bad going considering Conan and Leavy are out, SOB has just left and Nordi left the season previously.

That's potentially a brilliant backrow in fairness, probably the envy of most clubs in Europe.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Fardy. I know he’s usually a second row but he has played six a good bit for us

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Martin Moloney in the academy too.

The one thing I hope we don't do is move Fardy to the backrow and Ruddock to 8. This should be used as the opportunity to bed Deegan into the starting 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The one thing I hope don't do is move Fardy to the backrow and Ruddock to 8. This should be used as the opportunity to bed Deegan into the starting 15.

Couldn't agree more. This really is the time to be building a long term option at 8. With Leavy and Conan out and VDF likely a few months before reintroduction there has never been a more opportune time to develop our younger players. I have a slight worry that one of Deegan or Doris may be jettisoned elsewhere once we have all of our options available so it really is now or never for Deegan to make it his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

That's potentially a brilliant backrow in fairness, probably the envy of most clubs in Europe.
    it really isnt the envy of most in Europe. Some talented young inexperienced players with potential but most wouldnt be envious of that lot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

This is quite a large over exaggeration

The one thing I hope we don't do is move Fardy to the backrow and Ruddock to 8. This should be used as the opportunity to bed Deegan into the starting 15.

I'd imagine that's exactly what we will do for knock out games.

Ryan Toner Fard VDF Ruddock gets our strongest back 5 on the pitch. Deegan will have plenty of opportunities to push himself into consideration throughout the season.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine that's exactly what we will do for knock out games.

Ryan Toner Fard VDF Ruddock gets our strongest back 5 on the pitch. Deegan will have plenty of opportunities to push himself into consideration throughout the season.
    Maybe for the knockouts. But our pool doesn't contain the toughest of opposition. I hope it will be used as a chance to bed in the likes of Deegan and Doris. Perhaps even Scott Penney if VDF needs greater rest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement