Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Where is the swap meets?

There is a Facebook link a few pages back.

Thinking of heading myself but not looking to swap. We want to go to the Japan game too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,677 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I'd suspect that everyone at that meet is going to be Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Appear to be back up online again! Seen a good few have got tics in t last 30 mins. Queue to get on though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'd suspect that everyone at that meet is going to be Irish.

Fierce chance. But what can you do.

• Advertisement

catharsis wrote: »
    When you say patience is key, is that at the stage of selecting 'add to basket' and then being told 'your request exceeds availability' or is it an earlier stage of the process that patience is required?

according to the site right now there are cat ! tickets available but I cannot seem to add any to my basket (which is what I have been seeing for months frankly)

hard to believe it is a simple as 'keep trying' but if that has worked for others .... ?

When it says "exceeds availablity". Just click plus and add to basket and just repeat yourself.

When the toggles are there there are tickets available but they are in others basket. What you're doing is trying to grab them when they fall out of the basket on time out for want of a better phrase. Make sense?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭Danthemanhere

Anyone know of a way to get tickets in Japan? My friend is there and is desperate.

Looks to be some Ire V NZ Cat A through ticketing site. Well in theory, trying to buy them through site might be easier said than done.
    Thought they stopped selling 48 hours before match but maybe not.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks to be some Ire V NZ Cat A through ticketing site. Well in theory, trying to buy them through site might be easier said than done.
    Thought they stopped selling 48 hours before match but maybe not.

They stop selling 50 minutes before Kick Off

They stop selling 50 minutes before Kick Off

That makes more sense. Thought I saw something that resold ones are only available up to 48 hours before hand or something but must be wrong so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,601 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Eod100 wrote: »
    That makes more sense. Thought I saw something that resold ones are only available up to 48 hours before hand or something but must be wrong so!

Resale tickets are pulled 48 hours before kickoff.

Probably handbacks from sponsors .

I had a quick look on a resale site out of curiousity and Wales France Category A tickets are going for 50 euro !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

And we have touchdown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

Any idea where to get a Japan jersey in Tokyo for the match on Sunday? In all of the Canterbury shops in Osaka they’re sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

timaru89 wrote: »
    Any idea where to get a Japan jersey in Tokyo for the match on Sunday? In all of the Canterbury shops in Osaka they’re sold out!

Will swap L Japan jersey for CAT A Ire v NZ ticket :p:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

bigslick wrote: »
    Will swap L Japan jersey for CAT A Ire v NZ ticket :p:D:D

:) wrong size unfortunately

timaru89 wrote: »

Apparently can't keep them on the shelves at all!

Just boarding in Dublin for Narita via Moscow. Still no tickets for the Irish game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭deezell

Just boarding in Dublin for Narita via Moscow. Still no tickets for the Irish game

Just go to stadium on the day. Bring a bag of these. If you're in Tokyo on the day, that's most of the job done!

You're on the same flight as my mate. Ha.

---

I'm just in HK now about to board to Narita. Our group seems to have hit a rich vein of tickets in Tokyo. 13/23 likely to be sorted before head to the swap meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

---

I'm just in HK now about to board to Narita. Our group seems to have hit a rich vein of tickets in Tokyo. 13/23 likely to be sorted before head to the swap meet.

There’s hope yet. How did they manage that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Anybody buy one on viagogo

Heading to airport here. Safe travels anyone going over! This was very handy for info so thanks a lot. Hon Ireland!

Anybody buy one on viagogo

One of my stupid mates did. And now the others are getting slowly sorted.

People are coming out of the woodwork now in Tokyo it seems.

DeSourire wrote: »
    There’s hope yet. How did they manage that?

They're just pounding the pavements really. Asking everyone around that they can.

Is Mick Galwey on your flight? If so, one of mine is on yours!

Hopefully there will be tickets left to swap tomorrow morning

Got my tickets swapped at the Facebook swap event. Started out all Irish but around 7.30 (after work) Japanese people started to turn up and think most people who waited got a swap

Think they might try to organise another tomorrow morning

matrim wrote: »
    Got my tickets swapped at the Facebook swap event. Started out all Irish but around 7.30 (after work) Japanese people started to turn up and think most people who waited got a swap

Think they might try to organise another tomorrow morning
    Any idea where and what time? We don't arrive in Narita until 10:30

Any idea where and what time? We don't arrive in Narita until 10:30

Not sure. Check the facebook page linked a few posts ago and they might have updated

Is Mick Galwey on your flight? If so, one of mine is on yours!

Hopefully there will be tickets left to swap tomorrow morning

Yup. Saw Gaillimh in HKG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone have any luck buying through the official resale site? I keep refreshing it and there are occasionally tickets listed as available, but when I click add to basket, even just one it says "Your request exceeds availability". Is there a trick to getting them?

Advertisement