Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Pikey wrote: »
    I love seeing Mayo lose All Ireland finals.
    Someday we’’ll get you for that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,095 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Enlighten me Einstein, why would I or anybody be jealous of something they have no time for.Why would any rational person want to be part of something they dislike ?
    That makes zero sense.

Thats akin to saying someone who hates , lets say racists, is jealous because he is not in their racist clique.

You are spouting the excuse jealousy because you have no comeback and cannot accept my opinion.

If you hated racists, it would be easy to articulate why you hate racists. You have asserted there's a rugby clique, expressed hate for the rugby clique, but not been able to say why.

If there's a soccer clique, I'll never hate it because I don't want to be part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I think it's more convenient to wash and dry the dishes than to load and unload the dishwasher.

Ah here, there’s always one who takes it too far! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I think it's more convenient to wash and dry the dishes than to load and unload the dishwasher.

Once you've got boiling hot water this is definitely true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I saw a stupid comment on a Facebook thread about cancer fundraising from someone saying "seems to be endless funding for it - how about giving some of that funding to mental health? #justsaying".

Whatever your bias is, that's all you'll see.

Do you think someone in Ireland will find a cure for cancer from a fundraiser.

• Advertisement

Greyfox wrote: »
    Once you've got boiling hot water this is definitely true

Actually if you have one of those hoses that hang above that you find in a lot of kitchens in restaurant or bars. Very handy for blasting things clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

No I am not here for the rugby, I was discussing something else before on here until someone else brought up the rugby, and I was of a similar opinion on Irish rugby.
    And judging by the post where he hoped NZ would beat Ireland , there was a few likes to that post which suggest this opinion is not as unpopular as some think.

I know all my brothers and friends despise the irish rugby clique

‘Together standing Tall 😂😂😂

If you hated racists, it would be easy to articulate why you hate racists. You have asserted there's a rugby clique, expressed hate for the rugby clique, but not been able to say why.

If there's a soccer clique, I'll never hate it because I don't want to be part of it.

You obviously were kicked out of the soccer clique and not able to enter the rugger one 🥰

And still you do not get it.

I dont hate Ireland, I hate the irish rugby clique, and dont care if its japan, new zealand or whoever beat them.
    Supporting something simply because they are Irish is ridiculous.
    Conor McGregor is Irish, and acts like a scumbag, should I cheer him because he is Irish ?

Why should someone support someone or something simply because they are from the same spot of land you were born on ? Something we had no say in

This nonsense that you have to be a kiwi to support NZ is rubbish, do you stop people wearing liverpool and man utd jerseys and moan at them for not being from liverpool and manchester. ?

People can support or dislike whoever they like, and you not grasping that shows you are the one not comprehending things.

If the Ireland rugby team were playing England I’d be up for the tans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

And still you do not get it.

I dont hate Ireland, I hate the irish rugby clique, and dont care if its japan, new zealand or whoever beat them.
    Supporting something simply because they are Irish is ridiculous.
    Conor McGregor is Irish, and acts like a scumbag, should I cheer him because he is Irish ?

Why should someone support someone or something simply because they are from the same spot of land you were born on ? Something we had no say in

This nonsense that you have to be a kiwi to support NZ is rubbish, do you stop people wearing liverpool and man utd jerseys and moan at them for not being from liverpool and manchester. ?

People can support or dislike whoever they like, and you not grasping that shows you are the one not comprehending things.
    Ah jeez, and you're saying I'm the one not comprehending things. Nowhere did I say you have to support Ireland because you're Irish (I don't even follow rugby) or that you hate Ireland. Nowhere did I say my view relates specifically to Ireland v NZ. Nowhere did I say you have to be a kiwi to support NZ (although to answer your question, I actually do question people here supporting Premier League teams - especially the ones who spout anti English rhetoric when it suits).

And nowhere did I say people can't like and dislike who they want.

I said only one thing: why would a person be absolutely longing for Ireland to be beaten by NZ the way you and that other person (who's now trying to be edgy) are? It's not rational. Why the rage? Why the glee at the idea of pissing on people's parade? And yeah it is a bit stranger when you're Irish but that doesn't mean I'm saying you have to support Ireland. It's not just one or the other.

The clique? **** the clique. What about all the other rugby supporters who aren't like that. It's very childish from two adults.
    vriesmays wrote: »
    Do you think someone in Ireland will find a cure for cancer from a fundraiser.
    Why on earth would i think that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Raconteuse wrote: »
    why would a person be absolutely longing for Ireland to be beaten by NZ the way you and that other person (who's now trying to be edgy) are? It's not rational. Why the rage? Why the glee at the idea of pissing on people's parade? And yeah it is a bit stranger when you're Irish but that doesn't mean I'm saying you have to support Ireland. It's not just one or the other.

The clique? **** the clique. What about all the other rugby supporters who aren't like that. It's very childish from two adults.

Why on earth would i think that?

I am not "longing" for New Zealand to win, I just prefer they did. I wont lose any sleep regardless of the result, just given a choice I prefer Ireland lose.

As for this "rage"...what rage ?

I dont get this logic where you accuse people of "rage" only because its something you cannot seem to comprehend, but if accusing me of "rage" makes it more tolerable for you , because my comments annoy you, so be it, go ahead and try convince yourself that it is true....but does not make it true.

As for pissing on others parade, so what, I have already mentioned numerous times how I dont like the rugby clique so what would I care about their "parade"

Its not a difficult concept to grasp.
    If Ireland win, no harm, wont lose any sleep over it, but

I say rage because your anger towards the Ireland rugby team and delight at the thought of them losing (this is based on your own posts) is irrational.

And I wasn't referring to the clique (not sure I'd call it that but I know who you mean) - I was referring to the many many other rugby supporters who aren't like that. It's an elitist sport in Dublin (and that's changing) but not in Limerick. Cork is a mixture of the two. It's crazy to say they're all or mostly snobbish eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I can’t help you much more than I have. The round ball game. No using hands, except goalkeepers. 11 players. Racist fans.

That one.

Oh you mean Soccer, much shorter hand to just say Soccer then isn't it? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Who cares if someone doesn't like the rugby team.
    What's it to you?
    Does it affect your life?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What's it to you?
    I completely agree with you. But nobody actually said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Oh you mean Soccer, much shorter hand to just say Soccer then isn't it? :rolleyes:

I prefer soccerball.

Rooting for Switzerland right now.

I am not "longing" for New Zealand to win, I just prefer they did. I wont lose any sleep regardless of the result, just given a choice I prefer Ireland lose.

As for this "rage"...what rage ?

I dont get this logic where you accuse people of "rage" only because its something you cannot seem to comprehend, but if accusing me of "rage" makes it more tolerable for you , because my comments annoy you, so be it, go ahead and try convince yourself that it is true....but does not make it true.

As for pissing on others parade, so what, I have already mentioned numerous times how I dont like the rugby clique so what would I care about their "parade"

Its not a difficult concept to grasp.
    If Ireland win, no harm, wont lose any sleep over it, but

You've yet to explain why you dislike "the rugby clique".

Maybe we could get try specifics... why do you dislike Johnny Sexton?

You've yet to explain why you dislike "the rugby clique".

Maybe we could get try specifics... why do you dislike Johnny Sexton?
    I'm assuming he means the Ross O'Carroll Kelly types but I can't believe people would just decide every rugby fan is like that. Why would you want to think this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The haka is annoying and the all blacks horribly over indulged

• Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Wheatus-Teenage Dirtbag is one of the catchiest tunes ever released.

As is Ceelo Green-Forget You and Billie Eilish-Bad Guy.

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What's it to you?

seemingly it does affect some people.
    According to the last moaner its now "irrational" because they said so.
    They just bandy about words like "longing" or "rage" or "irrational", because they simply cannot get to grips someone might dislike the rugby clique and feel compelled to label people who have different opinions to theirs.

It seems to me its them that are the ones with issues

Constant misrepresentation. I was very clear in what I said, and explained myself thoroughly. Nothing was just because I said so. Nobody said it's wrong not to support the Irish rugby team or not to like the elitist element of their fanbase. I don't, and I'm completely unscathed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Anyone find it funny that New Zealander Bundee Aki has got himself banned for the All Blacks match?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Anyone find it funny that New Zealander Bundee Aki has got himself banned for the All Blacks match?

Hey come on now. He's as Irish as st Patrick and Michael flatley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Sean.3516 wrote: »

2. I don’t believe it’s homophobic to believe that homosexual activity is sinful. The issue is with the activity, not the human being.
    It depends on how far the person takes it. If they just think they're going to hell in their head, that's no big deal. If they start throwing people off buildings like ISIS, that's homophobic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I dislike INCEL bashing. (INCELs are involuntary celibate meaning they haven't or can't get a girlfriend or have never had sex. That's the gist anyway. They tend to be autistic or similar (don't get social interactions so can't really connect with women or men) they get loads of abuse and they do come across as pretty unimpressive people either because they happen to be unimpressive it they can't successfully interact with other people to fit in.

I think they spend a lot of their lives confused and angry. I think they get enough sh1t day in, day out without me sticking the boot in too.

I've naturally never had trouble making friends and was always average with women. I can't really take any credit for that because it just came naturally. I can't imagine how horrible life would be if I couldn't form friendship and romantic relationships by being myself.

So I would prefer if people went easy on the incels. They have it tough enough as it is.
    I have no problem with MGTOW. They seems like harmless, bitter people who are fed up of relationships and have sworn off women. They might come around and end up dating again. Incels are dangerous losers who instead of working on their own short comings, blame women from their failures and are the type of men to end up as an unsub on an episode of criminal minds. They think women owe them sex and are happy when women get raped or beaten up. There's nothing harmless about them. At best they are pathetic and at worst a danger to women. They deserve all the bashing they get. Unfortunately the internet gives them a platform where they can feed each other's delusions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I have no problem with MGTOW. They seems like harmless, bitter people who are fed up of relationships and have sworn off women. They might come around and end up dating again. Incels are dangerous losers who instead of working on their own short comings, blame women from their failures and are the type of men to end up as an unsub on an episode of criminal minds. They think women owe them sex and are happy when women get raped or beaten up. There's nothing harmless about them. At best they are pathetic and at worst a danger to women. They deserve all the bashing they get. Unfortunately the internet gives them a platform where they can feed each other's delusions.

Wasn't 8chan banned because it was where a recent incel shooter regularly posted on?

I don’t see such a big difference between those groups. I’m sure there are pages and pages of arguments over the nuances of MGTOW and incels, but they’re all the same to me. In hindsight I meant the post to include both.

Incels are dangerous losers who instead of working on their own short comings, blame women from their failures and are the type of men to end up as an unsub on an episode of criminal minds. They think women owe them sex and are happy when women get raped or beaten up. There's nothing harmless about them. At best they are pathetic and at worst a danger to women. They deserve all the bashing they get. Unfortunately the internet gives them a platform where they can feed each other's delusions.

I bet it was a woman or some sad bloke who made up this nonsense making general sweeping assumptions and trying to pass off this horsesh1t as some sort of fact, which it is not,

As for mgtow or whatever they are suppose to be I bet that too is made up nonsense.

To put single men in groups to fit an agenda is the sort of sexist crap ,that if a man did similar and put women in derogatory groups, you bet your ass the feminazis would be out in force playing the victim citing sexism.

• Advertisement

I bet it was a woman or some sad bloke who made up this nonsense making general sweeping assumptions and trying to pass off this horsesh1t as some sort of fact, which it is not,

As for mgtow or whatever they are suppose to be I bet that too is made up nonsense.

To put single men in groups to fit an agenda is the sort of sexist crap ,that if a man did similar and put women in derogatory groups, you bet your ass the feminazis would be out in force playing the victim citing sexism.

Lol. MGTOW and incels label themselves MGTOW and incels.

Advertisement