Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,012 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

doughef wrote: »
    Eh ... are you playing ?? Is it all about you? 😂😎

Enjoy anyway

Oh no. I'll be watching.

It's not real life, it's sport. It's for entertainment. I enjoy following it. You enjoy getting cross about it so we both win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I despise Irish rugby also and copped a week ban for saying i was happy when Japan beat them.
    I was told i was trolling because no one could say such a thing unless it was trolling.

Imagine being so stupid people think you wanting Ireland to lose must be trolling because it is impossible for them to actually believe it some people despise Irish rugby.

I despise the GAA mentality as well, and got banned on another site for saying that.

Freedom of Speech....it dont really exist, as someone will complain and you will be warned or banned at some point.

What do you like? Or to put it differently, what do you not despise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I think Ireland are going to beat the All Blacks.

I like Ireland's Call

• Registered Users Posts: 18,986 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    Now that's an unpopular opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭14dMoney

1. I think Varadkar is doing well

2. I don't believe hate-crime laws should exist, nor do I believe that victim impact statements should be given. (Both scenarios hinder the concept of blind justice)

3. I prefer Kings to Tayto

I like Ireland's Call

Me too. It's a bit naff but It does the job. Much more popular outside Ireland. As a rugby fan it fills me with anticipation because it means they're just about to kick off!

It's a positive anthem which is in stark relief to the national anthem which is about fighting the English and is completely outdated and irrelevant to my life. It's just a song so I wouldn't worry one way or the other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What do you like? Or to put it differently, what do you not despise?
    I thought my post was clear enough in English,

As said I like most sports, especially football, athletics, will watch hurling and other things not exactly sports in the athletic sense but a great watch like darts, F1, snooker etc.
    Only a liar or mental deficient will claim to love everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I thought my post was clear enough in English,

As said I like most sports, especially football, athletics, will watch hurling and other things not exactly sports in the athletic sense but a great watch like darts, F1, snooker etc.
    Only a liar or mental deficient will claim to love everything

To be fair you have an unpopular opinion on rugby. And that’s what we are here for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Tanora is nicer than Fanta!

• Advertisement

To be fair you have an unpopular opinion on rugby. And that’s what we are here for.

No I am not here for the rugby, I was discussing something else before on here until someone else brought up the rugby, and I was of a similar opinion on Irish rugby.
    And judging by the post where he hoped NZ would beat Ireland , there was a few likes to that post which suggest this opinion is not as unpopular as some think.

I know all my brothers and friends despise the irish rugby clique

I dislike INCEL bashing. (INCELs are involuntary celibate meaning they haven't or can't get a girlfriend or have never had sex. That's the gist anyway. They tend to be autistic or similar (don't get social interactions so can't really connect with women or men) they get loads of abuse and they do come across as pretty unimpressive people either because they happen to be unimpressive it they can't successfully interact with other people to fit in.

I think they spend a lot of their lives confused and angry. I think they get enough sh1t day in, day out without me sticking the boot in too.

I've naturally never had trouble making friends and was always average with women. I can't really take any credit for that because it just came naturally. I can't imagine how horrible life would be if I couldn't form friendship and romantic relationships by being myself.

So I would prefer if people went easy on the incels. They have it tough enough as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Why would someone be absolutely delighted about Ireland losing to NZ unless they are a kiwi? That's just a weird level of resentment.

I've zero interest in rugby so I just don't care.

Seeing that person foam at the mouth in rage and then say they're not angry, and that they went into the rugby and GAA forums to go on about how much they hate them, but they weren't trying to wind people up. Funny sh1t.

And disliking I get, but despising? Really what's the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pikey

I don't see any issues in throwing apple butts, banana skins and brown paper out the window of a car whilst it's moving.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Why would someone be absolutely delighted about Ireland losing to NZ unless they are a kiwi? That's just a weird level of resentment.

I've zero interest in rugby so I just don't care.

Seeing that person foam at the mouth in rage and then say they're not angry, and that they went into the rugby and GAA forums to go on about how much they hate them, but the weren't trying to wind people up. Funny sh1t.

For that matter I have zero interest in football but I hope Ireland win tonight and qualify for the Euros. It don't mean anything to me but I know loads of people will be delighted. And there will be a bit of a buzz and excitement around when the Euros are on next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pikey

I love seeing Mayo lose All Ireland finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

I dislike INCEL bashing. (INCELs are involuntary celibate meaning they haven't or can't get a girlfriend or have never had sex. That's the gist anyway. They tend to be autistic or similar (don't get social interactions so can't really connect with women or men) they get loads of abuse and they do come across as pretty unimpressive people either because they happen to be unimpressive it they can't successfully interact with other people to fit in.

I think they spend a lot of their lives confused and angry. I think they get enough sh1t day in, day out without me sticking the boot in too.

I've naturally never had trouble making friends and was always average with women. I can't really take any credit for that because it just came naturally. I can't imagine how horrible life would be if I couldn't form friendship and romantic relationships by being myself.

So I would prefer if people went easy on the incels. They have it tough enough as it is.

Say it again. I have a fairly average life and I have struggled to even get that, I feel sorry for the poor lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ironic as this post is, everybody is entitled to keep some of their opinions to themselves... There can be great wisdom in reading and reflecting on other peoples opinions without feeling the need to "correct" them or add your own "wisdom". As somebody who regularly falls down on this quality, its easy to spot in others. . :D

Saying "my honest opinion is x" and being obnoxious while giving this view, still makes you an obnoxious person in that instant. Thinking you are Being honest does not absolve you of the consequences of your comments. And I dont mean sensitive people reacting to a reasonable point, I mean just being an obvious dick about it.

Another unpopular opinion is that most people lack the capacity for self reflection. Ties in with above in that they dont connect what they say with how people perceive or react to them. I personally still have to work hard on this . .:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

I think it's more convenient to wash and dry the dishes than to load and unload the dishwasher.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I go out of my way to be un politically correct wherever possible.

• Advertisement

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Why would someone be absolutely delighted about Ireland losing to NZ unless they are a kiwi? That's just a weird level of resentment..

And still you do not get it.

I dont hate Ireland, I hate the irish rugby clique, and dont care if its japan, new zealand or whoever beat them.
    Supporting something simply because they are Irish is ridiculous.
    Conor McGregor is Irish, and acts like a scumbag, should I cheer him because he is Irish ?

Why should someone support someone or something simply because they are from the same spot of land you were born on ? Something we had no say in

This nonsense that you have to be a kiwi to support NZ is rubbish, do you stop people wearing liverpool and man utd jerseys and moan at them for not being from liverpool and manchester. ?

People can support or dislike whoever they like, and you not grasping that shows you are the one not comprehending things.

I think it's more convenient to wash and dry the dishes than to load and unload the dishwasher.

Get out of here

I dont hate Ireland, I hate the irish rugby clique, and dont care if its japan, new zealand or whoever beat them.
    Conor McGregor is Irish, and acts like a scumbag, should I cheer him because he is Irish ?

Why should someone support someone or something simply because they are from the same spot of land you were born on ? Something we had no say in

This nonsense that you have to be a kiwi to support NZ is rubbish, do you stop people wearing liverpool and man utd jerseys and moan at them for not being from liverpool and manchester. ?

People can support or dislike whoever they like, and you not grasping that shows you are the one not comprehending things.

Why do you hate "the irish rugby clique"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Get out of here

I'm staying.

If you have to ask and dont have an idea why, you just wont ever get it.

If you have to ask and dont have an idea why, you just wont ever get it.

I have an idea. I'd like to hear yours.

Why does anyone hate a cliques that they're not part of? Because they're jealous not part of it. Otherwise they wouldn't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

No but he’s one guy, not representing a nation.

Right so you must not support Ireland in any other sport then. If everybody did that then there would be no national support for any team.

Wouldnt stop them but it is ridiculous.

You can support who you like and we can criticise that support.

Why does anyone hate a cliques that they're not part of? Because they're jealous not part of it. Otherwise they wouldn't care.

Enlighten me Einstein, why would I or anybody be jealous of something they have no time for.Why would any rational person want to be part of something they dislike ?
    That makes zero sense.

Thats akin to saying someone who hates , lets say racists, is jealous because he is not in their racist clique.

You are spouting the excuse jealousy because you have no comeback and cannot accept my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Pikey wrote: »
    I don't see any issues in throwing apple butts, banana skins and brown paper out the window of a car whilst it's moving.
    I’m behind you bar-steward .

Advertisement