Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teacher/student affairs

Options
  • 14-10-2019 1:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

How common are they? In secondary school not college. Every week there's a story in the States of some female teacher in her 20s doing her male students. Surprised we don't see it here often. Must be the culture or perhaps it happens but things are under wraps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How common are they? In secondary school not college. Every week there's a story in the States of some female teacher in her 20s doing her male students. Surprised we don't see it here often. Must be the culture or perhaps it happens but things are under wraps.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My prediction:

Half the people: I wish that happened while I was in school

The other half: That's disgusting and illegal for a reason and the teacher should be locked up for life

Edit: Should have said, i'm in the first half

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Does a grinds teacher count? Vaguely remember a thread on that subject...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They have 65 times our population. So even if it happened every single week there, that's be the equivalent of one every 15 months or so here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I know someone who married a teacher he had in 6th year. In fairness, she was just fresh out of college at the time so there wasn't a huge age gap. Not sure if they got together before or after 6th year though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I know someone who married a teacher he had in 6th year. In fairness, she was just fresh out of college at the time so there wasn't a huge age gap. Not sure if they got together before or after 6th year though..

One of my teachers was dating a 6th year student for the last couple of weeks she was in the leaving. Of course, no one knew this, but the "actual" relationship started about 3 months after she left school and started college. They're married with kids and all that jazz now. Some people still think he should be locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

Every week there's a story in the States of some female teacher in her 20s doing her male students. Surprised we don't see it here often. Must be the culture or perhaps it happens but things are under wraps.

There are also stories every week in the US about people being blown up with guns.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Didn’t President Macron of France and his older wife begin their relationship when he was in secondary school and she was his teacher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Didn’t President Macron of France and his older wife begin their relationship when he was in secondary school and she was his teacher?

They met when she was 40 and he 15.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Sting, of course, had a song about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I thought he be into older women for marathon karma sutra experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How

what-the-just-stop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I enjoy reading Mr fegelien's threads, it's always good to know what the youth are concerned about these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They did a story with a male puple and a teacher in Emmerdale. She was also the dad's girlfriend.
    She slept with him when he was turned 16.
    It got a lot of backlash.
    When I was I secondary school any lad would have went off with certain teachers.

There was always rumours about a 5th year sleeping with a teacher when they went abroad but I don't know of it was true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Straight from Wikipedia.....

Before joining The Police, Sting had previously worked as an English teacher. Sting said of the song in 1981:

I wanted to write a song about sexuality in the classroom. I'd done teaching practice at secondary schools and been through the business of having 15-year-old girls fancying me – and me really fancying them! How I kept my hands off them I don't know... Then there was my love for Lolita which I think is a brilliant novel. But I was looking for the key for eighteen months and suddenly there it was. That opened the gates and out it came: the teacher, the open page, the virgin, the rape in the car, getting the sack, Nabokov, all that.

— Sting, L'Historia Bandido, 1981

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

do you ever notice when you see a story about female teacher in America who was with a student she is always a good looking woman that you would think would appeal to a lot of men?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

650706e153ae64db3434cd8a259a9e29.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

duffysfarm wrote: »
    do you ever notice when you see a story about female teacher in America who was with a student she is always a good looking woman that you would think would appeal to a lot of men?

linky :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

duffysfarm wrote: »
    They don't like men apparantly they like boys. Didn't the French president marry his teacher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I understand it's not uncommon in rural areas for young teachers and recently-graduated secondary school pupils to get together - limited pool of potential partners, plus the teacher could be as young as 21 or 22 and already teaching in a school.

You'd have to wonder that, if not a physical relationship, at least some preliminary flirting was not going on while the pupil was still in school...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

They met when she was 40 and he 15.

And that's perfectly fine because the woman was the 40 year old.
    If the genders were reversed of course it would be disgusting and creepy..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

True dat. There's a double standard in play there. Whatever the grey area in cases of say 17/18 and 22/23, but 40 and 15 is as creepy as hell regardless of the gender involved.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

When I was I secondary school any lad would have went off with certain teachers.

Female teacher + male student: "Lucky sod! I'd love to be in his shoes."
    Male teacher + female student: "What a creepy pervert. He should be locked up. That poor girl."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

They are not really affairs so much as rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

She was only a classroom assistant rather than full teacher.

Obviously she was assisting some in extra curricular activities as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

FanadMan wrote: »
    Straight from Wikipedia.....

Before joining The Police, Sting had previously worked as an English teacher. Sting said of the song in 1981:

I wanted to write a song about sexuality in the classroom. I'd done teaching practice at secondary schools and been through the business of having 15-year-old girls fancying me – and me really fancying them! How I kept my hands off them I don't know... Then there was my love for Lolita which I think is a brilliant novel. But I was looking for the key for eighteen months and suddenly there it was. That opened the gates and out it came: the teacher, the open page, the virgin, the rape in the car, getting the sack, Nabokov, all that.

— Sting, L'Historia Bandido, 1981

A funny lad is our Sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

🀔

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Wibbs wrote: »
    True dat. There's a double standard in play there. Whatever the grey area in cases of say 17/18 and 22/23, but 40 and 15 is as creepy as hell regardless of the gender involved.
    Do you remember the 30 year old teacher who left his wife and ran away to France with a 15 year old student? He ended up getting a jail sentence and a lot of people were saying it was too much and she was old enough to know what she was doing etc.

Advertisement