Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Ultimate NXT Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yep. Balor for me too. Gargano was always better chasing the belt than as the champ imo.

Balor elevated NXT to another level whilst there, also the Demon entrances were phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yep Finn same reasons as above

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Finn for me too. Same as all. Finn helped elevate NXT. Without him Johnny Wrestling wouldn't have been Mr Takeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That's a bit of a squash for Johnny Wrestling. Finn advances to the semi final. Who'll meet him there? Let's find out.

Sami Zayn
    Montreal, Quebec 212lbs

6a88f386efd0fa85-600x338.jpg

VS

Shinsuke Nakamura
    Osaka, Japan 229lbs

nakamura-1489621774-800.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nakamura. Was Sami champion for that long even?

Again another guy who was all about the chase for the belt but wouldnt have that memorable a reign, for me anyways.

Nakamura better here slightly. Definitely a more dominant champ anyways

• Advertisement

Sami sadly had reign cut short from injury and like Johnny his quest for the title was better than his reign so have to go Nakamura

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nakamura when he actually looked interested in being there.

Sami got injured and never really had a chance and as above always a better chaser.

I think Shinsuke gets my vote here too. Carried himself like a big deal and was one that seemed larger than life with the belt.

We have one side of the bracket filled, let's see who takes the penultimate semi final berth.

Adam Cole
    Panama City, Florida 210lbs

aae9f-1528645341-800.jpg

VS

Bobby Roode
    Toronto, Ontario 235lbs

Bobby-Roode-NXT-51717-645x370.jpg

Not sure here. I think these guys are on a par.

And added to that I love Roode's theme, I thought it elevated him higher than maybe he should have been

But I also really like the Undisputed Era...

Gonna give this to the Glorious One I think... just, and mainly for that theme tune, which is kind of a sh1t reason :(

• Advertisement

Glorious Bobby just edges it for me and he just looks a World Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Adam Cole Bayyy Bayyy

Roode is horribly mediocre just like he was in tna and has floundered on the main roster , his theme carried him further than he had any right to go

I agree with Brian. Perhaps Roode would've been a good North American Champion if that title existed then. I think he's a weaker character and wrestler than Cole is. My vote goes to the leader of the Undisputed Era.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Absolutely love the glorious theme tune. I had never even heard of Adam Cole before joining nxt but he has really impressed since so he gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Don't think either man has done much as champion to set them apart, Cole has a group behind him and a catchy catchphrase while Roode had his theme but liked how he dressed with the suit, gives you that main event guy feel when your a heel Champion.

I'll give it to Cole since he's the better wrestler and don't think either man will beat Finn anyway.

That makes it 4-2 to Adam Cole... Baybay. Our last quarter final is down for decision right now. Let's get to it.

Kevin Owens
    Maryville, Quebec 266lbs

dbskfd6-f6cd3959-823f-4e95-89ef-857fba28b3da.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzkyYzE1YTg5LWYwYjQtNGE4Yi04NmRkLTcxNjViZDcxODlhMFwvZGJza2ZkNi1mNmNkMzk1OS04MjNmLTRlOTUtODllZi04NTdmYmEyOGIzZGEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.joBl-FnBMtTyIFMeKn7SJlNLJ2cJYQxd1CmgM92GR5k

VS

Samoa Joe
    Huntington Beach, California 282lbs

3810f0c40db7fe93-600x338.jpg

Joe is going to kill you!

Joe.

Giving it to KO as he came up to the main roster as a badass with that belt on his shoulder and took on the top guy in Cena.

Also his turn on Zayn and eventual ascendancy was so well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Joe for me. KO’s best moments as champ were fighting Cena, which while excellent, didn’t carry an entire story as a champ like Joe. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed Owen’s reign, but Joe’s felt just that much better.

This is one I find hard to decide. Owens had a good storyline but then also had a few side feuds. Joe had two reigns as champ and one was a house show win but also had the beef with Regal which was entertaining.

I think Owens coming up to beat Cena clean and bringing the strap with him while he did it was really an icing on the cake moment. So I vote for KO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

KO for me as his win fed into a fantastic storyline and it all made sense. And he was a beast with it too. Made the title look important when he debut on Raw against Cena.

yep KO bringing the title up on raw made immediate impact with cena and did more for the title and brand than joe did as champ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

KO had a more memorable title reign to my mind, so he gets the vote

Johnny Gargano
    Finn Balor
    Finn Balor
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    Sami Zayn
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    Finalist 1
    Finalist 2
    Adam Cole
    Bobby Roode
    Adam Cole
    Kevin Owens
    Kevin Owens
    Samoa Joe

Two guys with an aura of something else about them do battle now in our first semi final. Tell us who you think was a better NXT Champion and why.

Finn Balor
    Bray, Co wicklow, Ireland 190lbs

d9sdn5k-daa826ae-0a73-4864-80a6-c36874f0e819.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2U5YmYwOGU4LWRjMzMtNDZjMi1hM2UwLTRkNGE1NzEzZjEyOFwvZDlzZG41ay1kYWE4MjZhZS0wYTczLTQ4NjQtODBhNi1jMzY4NzRmMGU4MTkucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0._W1G-LLWaVXypaTTq3DjuOpP4XVAp7z8G7bJ5p3KYyM

Reigns: 1
    Days as Champion: 292

VS

Shinsuke Nakamura
    Osaka, Japan 229lbs

nakamura-1489621774-800.jpg

Reigns: 2
    Days as Champion: 147

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Finn was a great champ, the Irish demon longest reigning, some cracking matches, NXT legend and now back again

Finn

Finn takes it here for me too. The Demon entrances and his whole manner in NXT just elevated the belt to a new level.

Nakamura only for the reason we will never see that motivated Nakamura again while he wrestles in America and it was a site to see a motivated Nakamura.

• Advertisement

I think I'll vote Nakamura. Was a treat to see him wrestle and he was legitimately different to anything else going on at the time in the company.

Advertisement