Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Ultimate NXT Champion Tournament

Options
  • 05-10-2019 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Hello and welcome. It's tournie time once again! This time we turn our attention the black and gold brand to determine the best ever NXT Champion. Luckily, from a tournament POV, there's been 16 champions so far and that works extremely well for brackets.

NXT_Championship_2017.png

So get on board if you're only half thinking about it. It's good craic. The rules are simple, you vote for who you think was a better NXT Champion or vote against someone you thought wasn't great. Reasons have to be given or votes don't count. First to five progresses. The draws are all made via random number generator and our first bout is up within the next few minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

First match sees two very successful call-ups go at it. Both have gone on to become world champions. Who was the better NXT Chmapion though? Vote now!

Kevin Owens
    Maryville, Quebec 266lbs

dbskfd6-f6cd3959-823f-4e95-89ef-857fba28b3da.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzkyYzE1YTg5LWYwYjQtNGE4Yi04NmRkLTcxNjViZDcxODlhMFwvZGJza2ZkNi1mNmNkMzk1OS04MjNmLTRlOTUtODllZi04NTdmYmEyOGIzZGEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.joBl-FnBMtTyIFMeKn7SJlNLJ2cJYQxd1CmgM92GR5k

VS

Seth Rollins
    Davenport, Iowa 217lbs

seth-rollins-nxt-220382.jpg

I vote for Kevin Owens. He came in white hot, feuded with about 5 people at once including John Cena on RAW and Sami Zayn on NXT while also having run ins with Itami, Balor and Joe. He was booked like a prizefighter. Was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

KO mainly just cause I pretty much never seen Seth in NXT and KO was great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Owens was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm going to throw a vote in for Rollins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For the NXT title run, gotta give it to Owens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gonna go with Owens. I didn't see Rollins as champ, and it was still pretty much FCW at that time too. I started on NXT round about the time Big E was champ (5 count!), So seen all of Owens reign. Awesome debut, great champ

Owens with a comprehensive KO to the inaugural champ there. Will this next bout be tighter?

Shinsuke Nakamura
    Osaka, Japan 229lbs

4fda2a4c22eacd52a1d66bf2c303553b.png

VS

Drew McIntyre
    Ayr, Scotland 265lbs

drew-mcintyre-2017-new-nxt-champion-png-clipart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Nakamura and this shouldnt even be close
    Electrifying in his personality and performances

Wasted on main roster but his NXT run was incredible

Seeing him live in Dublin was special

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nakamura since I remember his time as champ. I think Drew was called up close to his win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nakamura since I remember his time as champ. I think Drew was called up close to his win.

Won it at Takeover Brooklyn but dropped it at War Games a few months later to Almas because of injury. Got called up to the main roster after coming back from injury after Wrestlemania.

Nakamura for me as Drew never really got a good run with the belt because of the injury and then call up.

Have to go with Shinsuke Nakamura myself. Seemed like a massive deal when he arrived and then was always presented as a mega star in the title scene. Drew felt a bit rushed or forced or something.

Shinsuke

drew run wasn’t memorable

That's a 5-0 whitewash to the Artist. Not sure how to call this next one...
    Sami Zayn
    Montreal, Quebec 212lbs

6a88f386efd0fa85-600x338.jpg

VS

Bo Dallas
    Brookesville, Florida 234lbs

6a8b5-1524072496-500.jpg

I think I'd go with Sami on account of his actual title win on the night he bested Neville. It was a great storyline with a teased heel turn and glimpses of what we'd see from Neville but this night was all about Zayn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Zayn easy it was when NXT was at some of it's best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Sami

• Registered Users Posts: 85,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That makes it 4-0 to Sami. I think that's probably comprehensive enough. I actually reckon 4 for a win in round 1 is a decent enough marker so we'll go with that from here. Stay tuned for next match.

Weeding out the pretenders is handy. That's not the case here. Tough one to predict.
    Tomasso Ciampa
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin 201lbs

dciaxdf-aa4c9cd6-835a-4325-83d8-51cd3b5d0c0e.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzkyYzE1YTg5LWYwYjQtNGE4Yi04NmRkLTcxNjViZDcxODlhMFwvZGNpYXhkZi1hYTRjOWNkNi04MzVhLTQzMjUtODNkOC01MWNkM2I1ZDBjMGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.ktkPM2aEbN7_tPYmlS5thiOqONK4KrSh7b1vPxt2slA

VS

Finn Balor
    Bray, Co wicklow, Ireland 190lbs

d9sdn5k-daa826ae-0a73-4864-80a6-c36874f0e819.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2U5YmYwOGU4LWRjMzMtNDZjMi1hM2UwLTRkNGE1NzEzZjEyOFwvZDlzZG41ay1kYWE4MjZhZS0wYTczLTQ4NjQtODBhNi1jMzY4NzRmMGU4MTkucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0._W1G-LLWaVXypaTTq3DjuOpP4XVAp7z8G7bJ5p3KYyM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ciampa, for me. He and Goldie are great together.

Yeah Ciampa for me too, he was one of the last wrestlers to really draw real strong heat and did so perfectly with his obsession for the title.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Finn for me. It was one of those things I never thought Fergal Devitt would make it to WWE in any form. So when he came it felt like a big deal and made nxt feel like a bigger deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm gonna go with Ciampa. Finn was the longest reigning champ but to me, he's missing something.

Tomasso has it all

• Registered Users Posts: 85,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

3-2 to Ciampa. A good bout this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Balor. His arrival is what got me watching NXT.

Finn it was him as champ when it hit its strides

That's a great comeback from the Irishman. 4-3 to Finn Balor. Two big boys do battle next.
    Big E Langston
    Tampa, Florida 285lbs

tumblr_mn1eqeLhfQ1sn9a7co1_500.jpg

VS

Samoa Joe
    Huntington Beach, California 282lbs

samoa-joe-nxt-champion-2016-png-clipart.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

For the record, I would have gone with Dallas and Ciampa for those last two votes. Disappointed to see Bo not get a look in as his reign was more memorable for myself than Sami. While Finn and Ciampa is close, Ciampa just has that special “something” that made it probably the best title reign of all NXT reigns to be honest.

For this round it’s gotta be Joe. Big E was there, but Joe felt like a champion and gave us much much more.

Advertisement