Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Ultimate NXT Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Joe for me too. He always had this air of menace about him and an extra swagger when he was champion. Felt like a very legit guy to have on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

another one were i just didnt see enough of big e as champ to go with him but joe was great as the champ

That's 3-0 to Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I'll give it to Joe, he gave the NXT that legit feel. That it was more than a developmental title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Joey Samoey for me too. Just felt he had a better run in a more established product

Pretty comprehensive win for Samoa Joe there. Our next match has occurred and is possibly one of the greatest in NXT history.
    Johnny Gargano
    Cleveland,Ohio 199lbs

johnny-gargano-nxt-champion-png-clipart.jpg

VS

Andrade Cien Almas
    Gomez Palacio, Mexico 210lbs

andrade__cien__almas_nxt_champion_render_by_ambriegnsasylum16_dbwc0tr-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQxMCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBjNzgyZTRjLWZhZTAtNGE4Ny1iN2IxLWE3NTI1OThkOWRmOVwvZGJ3YzB0ci1lMzI3Y2EyMS1iOTIxLTQ3ZGEtOTIyMy05ZTVkMDZlMjVkNTIucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.b5nTBhgFK60Jbwam238bFMcrww88nScla_nkRHNMQmk

oh this is a tough one i think they put on my 2nd favourite match of all time and i think andrade had the longer reign but i think the moment johnny finally wins is great it gives him the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Almas. Completely unexpected at the time and elevated him from just another wrestler to hang on this guy is actually really good. Been a fan ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gargano. One of the few guys who really worked his way up to the title then when he finally won it, everyone was happy for him. Just felt more deserved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Gargano

Always had special matches

Johnny. Love both guys but Johnny's road to the title was special and far more deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Johnny for me his road to the title was great storytelling.

Johnny Wrestling takes it 4-1. The current NXT Champion takes on a man from rival promotion AEW next.
    Adam Cole
    Panama City, Florida 210lbs

adam-cole-nxt-champion-png-clipart.jpg

VS

Neville
    Newcastle, England 205lbs

c6759ba48d8f16cf551a2656026a01bbb4907451_hq.jpg

Adam Cole I just don’t think Neville ever carried himself like a star until his heel turn years later

Adam Cole Baby he just gets it for me.

I love Pac I didn't like Neville.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry for the delay Omack, I was exhausted after the TV show one lol :D Thanks for the PM though.

Anyways my vote here goes to

tenor.gif

Neville was meh in WWE full stop. Kind of ok as Cruiserweight champ but that comes much later than his NXT reign which is what we're debating here

Looks like the lone vote for Neville here. I don't "get" Adam Cole. Neville was always awesome in ring, and made a great champ

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Has to be Adam Cole BAYBAY.

His match quality has been a different tier.

4-1 to the Undisputed winner of the match, Adam Cole Bay Bay. Our last match of the first round is an international bout.
    Bobby Roode
    Toronto, Ontario 235lbs

Bobby-Roode-NXT-51717-645x370.jpg

VS

Aleister Black
    Amsterdam, Holland 215lbs

NXT-champion-Aleister-Black.png

• Advertisement

The Glorious Bobby Roode everyday of the week and twice on Sundays over Black.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glorious Bobby Roode wins this one for me. Alistar Black didn’t need the NXT title nor did he elevate it like other champions did.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Black. He could believably wear it.
    Roode hit his peak with Beer Money and since then has been a midcarder to me. He and Ziggler are perfect together.
    Roode just had his music get him over in NXT

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Black is the better wrestler.... but Roode was the better NXT Champ imo.

For this sort of stuff alone, just carried himself like the top guy of the brand. Not sure Black ever hit that sort of height tbh.

Roode was much better champion I think he just peaked at the right time and theme song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

The Glorious one all the way. Can only barely remember black as champion and it wasn't even that long ago.

Bobby Roode gets past the Dutch Destroyer with relative ease. Matches will be closer from here on out I'd wager. Check back tonight as we'll be engaging in a bracketed knockout format for the quarter finals onwards.

So we have our qualifiers. Here's How the bracketed draw worked out.

Johnny Gargano
    Finn Balor
    Semi Finalist 1
    Semi Finalist 2
    Sami Zayn
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    Finalist 1
    Finalist 2
    Adam Cole
    Bobby Roode
    Semi Finalist 3
    Semi Finalist 4
    Kevin Owens
    Samoa Joe

Two beloved babyfaces and all-conquering heroes. Who's your money on? First to four. Try to give reasons for your choices.

Johnny Gargano
    Cleveland,Ohio 199lbs

johnny-gargano-nxt-champion-png-clipart.jpg

VS

Finn Balor
    Bray, Co wicklow, Ireland 190lbs

d9sdn5k-daa826ae-0a73-4864-80a6-c36874f0e819.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2U5YmYwOGU4LWRjMzMtNDZjMi1hM2UwLTRkNGE1NzEzZjEyOFwvZDlzZG41ay1kYWE4MjZhZS0wYTczLTQ4NjQtODBhNi1jMzY4NzRmMGU4MTkucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0._W1G-LLWaVXypaTTq3DjuOpP4XVAp7z8G7bJ5p3KYyM

• Advertisement

Balor for the reason he lifted NXT to where is it at now.

Advertisement