Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are they going the randomizer route or the trade route for the draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tyson Fury is on tonight with "an open mic"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tyson Fury is on tonight with "an open mic"

Knw the name and hes big in the boxing world but is he one or our own or go through the granny rule ??

• Registered Users Posts: 60,313 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They honestly could have done with having the draft start tonight after that sh1tshow of a PPV last night that at least might have gotten fans over it quicker.

Hopefully Fury say something really offensive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ah Fury Strowman, its like the 2019 version of Mayweather and Big Show, not sure Fury will be as good as Mayweather though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

They honestly could have done with having the draft start tonight after that sh1tshow of a PPV last night that at least might have gotten fans over it quicker.

Hopefully Fury say something really offensive

Think people would **** all over the draft if it was tonight. Should just have the fiend attack Vince for some cheap pops from the crowd and Fury will probably say something too to get the crowd popping.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're actually leading with the cuckold stuff. I'm out.

That was horrendous

Rusev cleaning house, good segment imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

About as good a promo as you’ll get from Lashley there given his limitations on the mic. This could work for him

• Advertisement

Lana on a pole match ha or a ladder match with marriage papers

Good opening to Raw. Though with Natalya winning you have to imagine there will have to be another match for Lacey to get the win in the blow off match.

Not really a fan of the street profits

A bit irritating

Jesus the crowd is quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Likeabossboss

Decided to watch Raw instead of watching highlights and reading bleacher report tomorrow, big mistake so far.

Not one in ring promo yet except the Rusev one, this is just brutal. No mention of the fiend yet has there been?

Its just been wrestling match after wrestling match. Lord give me strength to actually watch this till the end.

No doubt in my mind that the gypsy king promo will be absolutely shocking.

Its just been wrestling match after wrestling match. Lord give me strength to actually watch this till the end.

Shock horror that a wrestling show has the nerve to actually put on wrestling matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Likeabossboss

Shock horror that a wrestling show has the nerve to actually put on wrestling matches.

:pac: A few promo's would be nice like the good old days. :) half the show would be smack talking and half would be matches.

:pac: A few promo's would be nice like the good old days. :) half the show would be smack talking and half would be matches.

There's been some promos but you ain't getting the same level of smack talking like there was before. Even on a good night's Raw the promos are gonna be somewhat meh with the odd good one now and then but tonight's Raw is in a weird place that it's stuck in between a PPV and the draft on Friday so not much was gonna happen tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

I know it’s a small thing but think they’re missing a trick not having Fury carrying the heavyweight belt.
    Would be a better visual and really highlight he’s heavyweight champion of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Depends on how many promo's we are talking about ;)
    A wrestling show does need promo's to help spilt things up. Change the pace. Sell and get people into the main event or build to the PPV yadda yadda.

That said, back in the day each RAW would open up to a big 15-20 minute mouth-off week in and week out. Come rain or shine. Can't be doing that these days either. Mix it up. But the problem with watching a lot of matches is that RAW is a hard watch these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I hope Fury is being paid substantially because that was embarrassing. Usual crap with separating two "behomeths" - you break free then hop on me, then I do vice versa.

It's kind of cringe that will have boxing fans and pundits sh1tting on the whole business and I couldn't blame them one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Sorry if this has been posted but there’s a 2.5 hour interview with Tony Khan on wade Keller’s Podcast from last week

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted but there’s a 2.5 hour interview with Tony Khan on wade Keller’s Podcast from last week

Anything interesting revealed?

Says it all that no Rollins or Wyatt and they barely mentioned the match. Sweep it up under the rug and hope no-one remembers after the draft. I hope fans do.

I've watched wrestling for most of my life so I should've built up a strong tolerance to cringe but that Lana/Lashley stuff was awful.

Meltzer says Sasha is injured but there is no word on the seriousness of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Lana on a pole

Sounds good to me.

Guess they could say Seth was selling the injuries since he was seemingly bleeding internally somehow from having a hand stuck in his mouth.

And we got Black in the ring

Saw a post on Reddit that probably explains the Lana/Rusev/Lashley stuff. USA have a "reality" show called Temptation Island (you see it advertised a LOT if you watch an American stream of Raw) where couples go to an island and try not to cheat on each other. The new season is starting so this is just veiled advertising.

Same thing happened when the last season began back in January when they did the Mandy/Naomi/Uso angle.

Long story short, it's probably not Heyman getting his weird rocks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Officer999 wrote: »
    I know it’s a small thing but think they’re missing a trick not having Fury carrying the heavyweight belt.
    Would be a better visual and really highlight he’s heavyweight champion of the world

He's not the (or a) heavyweight champion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,313 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fury wearing the Kinnahan logo on his shirt last night on RAW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Fury learning to punch in the Shane McMahon school of absolute ****e?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement