Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The money was just resting in my account.

It's not 1985. That's not quite how things work these days.

And you believed him? More fool you.

https://extra.ie/2018/07/01/news/politics/13-staff-sacked-department-social-protection

Define 'directly' please.

Any other poster know what the fcuk is wrong with this guy? He needs to take the briar out of his ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They'll likely get on some RTE rip off of Love Island. 'Spike Island' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So I fully understand you, would a scenario where a teacher is recorded in a pub talking about his enthusiasm for the desmond child and support for gay burlesque troupe reading to children affect his teaching career?

Or how about a teacher from Sweden who thinks the legal age of consent should be 15 as per his home country?

Do you want a teacher who hates your kids and others because of their religion? An ignorant person teaching children.

Do you want a teacher who hates your kids and others because of their religion? An ignorant person teaching children.

Personally I would like the best teacher available, who is able to leave their bias and their personal opinions at the door when they do their work.

If they had distain for my child's religion it wouldn't bother me one iota as long as they acted professionally while doing their job.

As long as the teacher is proficient in their field, their perceived ignorance when it comes to their views is frankly none of my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭buried

Personally I would like the best teacher available, who is able to leave their bias and their personal opinions at the door when they do their work.

You think these two mopes are able to do that at work? They couldn't leave their bitter sectarian hate filled noise at the door on what was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives.
    Gleefully dancing to and roaring out curse words in front of kids, and one of these is supposed to be a teacher?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

buried wrote: »
    You think these two mopes are able to do that at work? They couldn't leave their bitter sectarian hate filled noise at the door on what was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives.
    Gleefully dancing to and roaring out curse words in front of kids, and one of these is supposed to be a teacher?

I don't know. Maybe?

I'm not here to defend them. I don't know them.

I do know that I have seen The Fields of Athenry belted out at many weddings/funerals/get-togethers which included the Sinn Fein/IRA chorus. Also, people were singing along to Smokie's Alice and swearing. There were kids there too!

Should anyone who sings along with that also be fired from their jobs?

I don't know. Maybe?

I'm not here to defend them. I don't know them.

I do know that I have seen The Fields of Athenry belted out at many weddings/funerals/get-togethers which included the Sinn Fein/IRA chorus. Also, people were singing along to Smokie's Alice and swearing. There were kids there too!

Should anyone who sings along with that also be fired from their jobs?

How many curse words are in The Fields of Athenry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The P.S.N.I. has confirmed it has launched an investigation into a video featuring a newlywed bride and groom seemingly chanting 'f**k the Pope and the I.R.A.' at their wedding reception at a Northern Ireland hotel last week.
    "Police have received a report in relation to a video posted on a social media site over the weekend - enquiries are continuing," said a spokesperson for the P.S.N.I.

How many curse words are in The Fields of Athenry?

Oh so it is the curse word that offends you? Better hope children get banned from football matches so.

Oh so it is the curse word that offends you? Better hope children get banned from football matches so.

Sectarian ones yeah.

Suppose your going to claim Smokies Alice is actually a Wolfe Tones remix yeah?

• Advertisement

The P.S.N.I. has confirmed it has launched an investigation into a video featuring a newlywed bride and groom seemingly chanting 'f**k the Pope and the I.R.A.' at their wedding reception at a Northern Ireland hotel last week.
    "Police have received a report in relation to a video posted on a social media site over the weekend - enquiries are continuing," said a spokesperson for the P.S.N.I.

It would be interesting to see what they are looking into. As far as I know, swearing isn't illegal. Blasphemy law isn't in place in NI is it? So I can't possibly see any law that has been broken.

What a bizarre world we live in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Maybe if there was a formal complaint made by the Pope or the I.R.A. would this be a thing.
    In the absence of such... meh!!!

Sectarian ones yeah.

Suppose your going to claim Smokies Alice is actually a Wolfe Tones remix yeah?

No not at all.

One song contains sectarian chants (fields of Athenry) one contains swearing (Who the f*ck is Alice). Both songs were sang. Children were present. Are the people who sang both songs liable to lose their job?

What a ridiculous outlook to have.

No not at all.

One song contains sectarian chants (fields of Athenry) one contains swearing (Who the f*ck is Alice). Both songs were sang. Children were present. Are the people who sang both songs liable to lose their job?

What a ridiculous outlook to have.

Well if they are supposed to be teachers in their supposed profession, they need to re-evaluate their twisted mindsets because it is twisted.
    Were these teachers getting married where you were at all these shindigs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

This Bride and Groom really need a history lesson. They are from and currently reside in an area which is illegally occupied by a foreign country. The 6 counites are Irish and Collins sold us short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

It would be interesting to see what they are looking into. As far as I know, swearing isn't illegal. Blasphemy law isn't in place in NI is it? So I can't possibly see any law that has been broken.

What a bizarre world we live in now.

A hate and signal crime or incident will be recorded where it is perceived that the perpetrator’s hostility or prejudice against any person or property is on the grounds of the victim’s ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, political opinion or disability.

From PSNI website.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I get the feeling that there just might have been a mixture of substances taken prior to their entry to the reception room!

Not saying that is right or anything, but they seemed to be off their faces. It happens at weddings I know this, but the arrival of B+G is usually a lovely thing, then afterwards, get down to the drink and whatever else.

The guests shown in the clip look a bit horrified too, probably more at their intoxication rather than what they sung though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Good enough for the sectarian scum, I would have same opinion if they were from the nationalist community. That bs needs to have consequences.

Well if they are supposed to be teachers in their supposed profession, they need to re-evaluate their twisted mindsets because it is twisted.
    Were these teachers getting married where you were at all these shindigs?

Little bit of obfuscation on your part here.

It doesn't matter their profession. If people can gleefully sing along to NWA, The Fields of Athenry, a litany of Wolfe Tone songs, Frank Zappa, Richie fecking Kavanagh in their spare time and then go in to their chosen profession and conduct themselves in a professional and capable manner, what harm is it?

If you are genuinely offended by people singing F the pope and the IRA when *gasp* there were children present, I would argue that you are doing nothing more than looking to be offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Context is key as is with all things there is a nuance behind it. The north is fairly politically charged so items like this do matter.

Done behind closed doors this would have been a non issue, still distasteful but a non issue. Once its out in the public domain everything gets questioned.

• Advertisement

Good enough for the sectarian scum, I would have same opinion if they were from the nationalist community. That bs needs to have consequences.

Such as?

What should be the punishment for saying **** the Pope and **** the IRA? I personally am not a fan of either. What should my punishment be?

I don't like the Queen or the UVF either. Do they balance themselves out? Or should I be doubly punished?

****, come to think of it, I am not a fan of Mohammed or Isis either?

I'm in trouble

Calhoun wrote: »
    Context is key as is with all things there is a nuance behind it. The north is fairly politically charged so items like this do matter.

Done behind closed doors this would have been a non issue, still distasteful but a non issue. Once its out in the public domain everything gets questioned.

I'd agree if it was a case they were walking down the street doing it.

This wasn't a public wedding though. I assume it was private but people can't help posting on social media.

I'm glad I am not growing up in the modern era of making everything public for likes and shares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

It doesn't matter their profession. If people can gleefully sing along to NWA, The Fields of Athenry, a litany of Wolfe Tone songs, Frank Zappa, Richie fecking Kavanagh in their spare time and then go in to their chosen profession and conduct themselves in a professional and capable manner, what harm is it?

If you are genuinely offended by people singing F the pope and the IRA when *gasp* there were children present, I would argue that you are doing nothing more than looking to be offended.
    What they were singing was the anthem adopted by C company Shankill UDA. Most people aren’t offended by it, merely taking the piss at how the other half lives. It is quite depressing though, this petty sectarian mindset is ingrained within loyalism.

How do you know these sectarian articles conduct themselves in a professional manner anywhere at all, where all we have to go on is footage of them belting out a sectarian ballad probably less than a hour after they exchanged their vows? All signs point to 'no' there man.

I'm not offended in the slightest either. I'm delighted they got shown to the world for what they are, bigoted, sectarian, hateful trash.
    Let the whole world see it because that's what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I'd agree if it was a case they were walking down the street doing it.

This wasn't a public wedding though. I assume it was private but people can't help posting on social media.

I'm glad I am not growing up in the modern era of making everything public for likes and shares.

I know it wasn't a public wedding but at this stage it doesn't matter as its out there. The person who uploaded if they did it without permission has allot to answer for.

Now we know that they are both public servants and it brings into question their fitness for duty in those roles. As unlike people in the south of the country singing the fields of Athenry, most wont have daily interaction with people they dislike.

How do you know these sectarian articles conduct themselves in a professional manner anywhere at all, where all we have to go on is footage of them belting out a sectarian ballad probably less than a hour after they exchanged their vows? All signs point to 'no' there man.

I'm not offended in the slightest either. I'm delighted they got shown to the world for what they are, bigoted, sectarian, hateful trash.
    Let the whole world see it because that's what they are.

Cool, you do that.

I don't know that these "articles" can act professionally. I assume they can. Because I know I can. I also know I have said/done some things that would make me embarrassed/ashamed if anyone bar the intended audience saw it.

I just don't judge everybody on one solitary clip, taken at a private function that was for their friends and family, which was almost definitely not intended to be broadcast far and wide, and label them for it.

You said yourself, all you have to go on is a clip.

I'm sure there are many clips of me doing silly/offensive things. I'm sure there are some out there of you.

Cool, you do that.

I don't know that these "articles" can act professionally. I assume they can. Because I know I can. I also know I have said/done some things that would make me embarrassed/ashamed if anyone bar the intended audience saw it.

I just don't judge everybody on one solitary clip, taken at a private function that was for their friends and family, which was almost definitely not intended to be broadcast far and wide, and label them for it.

You said yourself, all you have to go on is a clip.

I'm sure there are many clips of me doing silly/offensive things. I'm sure there are some out there of you.

Sorry Dunne, there is none of me being a racist sectarian piece of trash, so the two dont correlate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Such as?

What should be the punishment for saying **** the Pope and **** the IRA? I personally am not a fan of either. What should my punishment be?

I don't like the Queen or the UVF either. Do they balance themselves out? Or should I be doubly punished?

****, come to think of it, I am not a fan of Mohammed or Isis either?

I'm in trouble

Not for me to say, that's up to the PSNI and their respective employer's if they have a social media policy in place .

Sorry Dunne, there is none of me being a racist sectarian piece of trash, so the two dont correlate.

Ok.

• Advertisement

Not for me to say, that's up to the PSNI and their respective employer's if they have a social media policy in place .

What could the police possibly get involved for?

Advertisement