Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seed and plant swap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭blackbox

I have some water lilies from a clearout that I am dumping unless somebody wants them. See gardening photos thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

blackbox wrote: »
    I have some water lilies from a clearout that I am dumping unless somebody wants them. See gardening photos thread.

Waterlilies? yes please? Still available? Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭blackbox

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Waterlilies? yes please? Still available? Dublin?

Happy to find a home for them - I hope they do well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

blackbox wrote: »
    Happy to find a home for them - I hope they do well for you!

They are doing wonderfully, thank you so much. I think we even have a little stowaway newt!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

anyone got any scarlet runner bean seeds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Silver Breeze

I enjoy raising trees from seed...FREE to take:

Three horse chestnuts, planted autumn 2017, conkers collected from around the corner on Glenageary Upper. Will need a bit of space for each.

Four crabapples, planted in autumn 2017, collected from Fishertown Co. Laois during an end of season barge holiday along the Grand Canal.

Come and collect, take one or two or all, PM me for address.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

I know it's unlikely but if anyone wants an unlimited supply of calendula seeds just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭randombar

I enjoy raising trees from seed...FREE to take:

Three horse chestnuts, planted autumn 2017, conkers collected from around the corner on Glenageary Upper. Will need a bit of space for each.

Four crabapples, planted in autumn 2017, collected from Fishertown Co. Laois during an end of season barge holiday along the Grand Canal.

Come and collect, take one or two or all, PM me for address.

Whereabouts are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Silver Breeze

I am in Glenageary...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

If anyone has spare strawberry runners, would be so grateful and would pay for postage.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Have some very well pollinated lavender (English and French), mallow Tree, yarrow and viola all going to seed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

Graces7 wrote: »
    If anyone has spare strawberry runners, would be so grateful and would pay for postage.....

Hi Grace7, did you get sorted on strawberry runners?
    if not I have some wild strawberry, that are sending out a few runners this year. Your more then welcome to them.:)

sdp wrote: »
    Hi Grace7, did you get sorted on strawberry runners?
    if not I have some wild strawberry, that are sending out a few runners this year. Your more then welcome to them.:)

Oh yes please! pm me for address etc THANK YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

Graces7 wrote: »
    Oh yes please! pm me for address etc THANK YOU!
    Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

A few Horse radish, Jerusalem artichoke and Chinese lantern roots/tubers to give away.

Warning... they are hard to get rid of once you plant them. .

I'm in South country Dublin. Pm me if you want some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 abbeyschool

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some interesting mints? I'm on the hunt for pineapple/apple mint, lavender mint, ginger mint...
    All I could come across online was seeds on Amazon, more than likely from China

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭macraignil

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some interesting mints? I'm on the hunt for pineapple/apple mint, lavender mint, ginger mint...
    All I could come across online was seeds on Amazon, more than likely from China

I could dig up a clump of basil mint if you are in the North County Cork area to collect it. The leaves take on a nice purple shade at times and like most mints it is fairly vigorous and has nice flowers. Tastes a bit different than basil in my opinion but is a bit different than the standard garden mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 abbeyschool

macraignil wrote: »
    I could dig up a clump of if you are in the North County Cork area to collect it. The leaves take on a nice purple shade at times and like most mints it is fairly vigorous and has nice flowers. Tastes a bit different than basil in my opinion but is a bit different than the standard garden mint.
    Thanks a million I'm in Dublin and actually just had an offer of some of that from a classmate...I hear it smells like mi wadi!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruth211

Hi I am looking for some restino grasses if anyone have some. With details of how to grow from seed, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭patnor1011

anyone got any scarlet runner bean seeds?

I do not have any seeds left but I do have 10 healthy plants full of beans so I will definitely have some seeds in a few weeks. I will give you some for next year if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kathrinalewis

I am looking for large grasses/ reeds and bamboo from anyone in the dublin region who has them to spare for around a pond. I can offer in exchange. privet hedging or bare root copper beech.

How much quantity you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

How much quantity you want?

That post was from 7 years ago!!!!

Would be glad of part packets of older seed as I seem to have left it late to order.

Small range; leafy greens eg kale; carrots, broad beans and sunflowers.. sweet peas

I have abundance of part packets of peas from last year so will enjoy those

This is when I really miss being able to shop! strict covid-seclusion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Would be interested in some Raspberry canes in exchange for Dahlia Bulbs. Have about 20 different varieties

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fern Bench

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    Would be interested in some Raspberry canes in exchange for Dahlia Bulbs. Have about 20 different varieties

Whereabouts are you?

Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Just wondering if anyone would have any Coleus plants they might allow me to have some cuttings from please? Dublin

Hopefully they are visible.
    Main one I have are D, F, G, I, L, M, O, V, W, X, AA, and FF.
    They just labelled with these letter for storage

Looking to swap some tubers for Raspberry canes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I have a runner beans to give away, beans not plants. Dublin 14

Advertisement