Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin Nuvi level of detail on rural Irish roads

• 18-12-2006 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

How good would the detail of roads in Co Limerick and Co Cork (and other rural areas) be with the Nuvi?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 focusman

The V9.0 mapping has just been released for the Nuvi 310 / 360, and this has 100% coverage for all of Ireland and the U.K. I believe the Garmin v9.0 mapping is based on Navteq Q2 2006 data so should be fairly up to date also.

I just got a Nuvi 310 a couple of weeks ago as a present and I am delighted with it, very easy to use, great additional functionality esp. the Bluetooth feature which synchs up with most bluetooth mobiles. You can make/take calls as well as send receive SMS through it with the latest firmware update from the Garmin website.

You can see the v9.0 map coverage on this page : http://www.garmin.com/cartography/ , select City Navigator Europe NT v9 in the MapSource Map Viewer drop-down and the map will appear.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've a Nuvi 360, and it's on v8 maps. The detail for Cork is actually quite good, however, I've v9 on the way to me, and it's supposed to be a serious upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the ox

Would the detail be good on local roads as well?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

• Registered Users Posts: 1 getupdatehelp

At the time of using my Garmin GPS device, I am unable to get latest route and traffic updates. So, in order to resolve this issue, one of my friend advices me to that I have to Update Garmin GPS device. But, I even don’t know how to Update Garmin GPS device. Please, anyone out there who has appropriate knowledge regarding this, lend a hand to me. As I am looking for my next vacation very soon, so guide me as fast as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

you have resurrected a very old thread. Start a new Thread and you will have a better chance of getting the advice you need.

Advertisement