Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2019 Ireland v Japan Match Thread: Group A - Sat 28th Sep 08:15 Shizuoka

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Useless chunts, a shambles.

Fair play to Japan and they better bow to the crowd.

Useless ****, they should be sent home.

What a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Faugheen wrote: »
    And Ireland have had no concept of the offside line or the practice of supporting your own body weight.

We’ve been getting away with dark arts for years and Gardner has caught us. We’ve had no answer to it and we can’t have any complaints. It was an awful performance

It was an awful performance and I will agree that he did ping us but he didnt ping them and thats the issue.

You can't possibly claim that he applied the rules accurately to both teams today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Disgraceful... well done to Japan but out played by japan is ridiculous. The players taught all they had to do was show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Hoppy Jack

Earls saving the LBP could be huge for getting out of the group

Not really. Would be better just to go out at group stage. NZ will embarrass us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Well, that was rather disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Clegg wrote: »
    Sexton is going to be flogged now I think.

Zero control from Carbery or Carty on display. They're the future after Sexton goes, but right now they aren't going to bring us to a World Cup semi final.

Your nuts if you think a 10 could win that, game lost in the forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good job Joe is leaving after the world Cup

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That was a tough watch, fair play to Japan. Don’t know what else to say, gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Does this mean Japan are world number 1 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭touts

Poor performance by Ireland but serious questions have to be asked of Agnus Gardener. 80 minutes of absolutely baffling decisions. I suspect he just secured his place in the World Cup Final.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

RTE "this was not an under performance by the Irish team" fcking laughable comment. I guess Japan are New Zealand level now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Negatives: Too many

Positives: We didn't concede a bonus point.

491801.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Air of arrogance about this team dating back to the first game of the Six Nations against England - from the media to the fans to the players.

You'd think after that humbling Six Nations that some lessons could have been learned about that sort of thing, but a few friendly wins over a Wales side trying out things and a victory over Scotland and we were back!

Guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Kindly **** off witb your Eire ****.

What is the story with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The fact that I believe that Carvery did the right thing by playing safe and kicking the ball out really says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fully deserved win. Poor decision making and poor attempts to score versus a brilliant Japan game plan. Two incidents stand out, the Best overthrow and the turnover off the base of a ruck sums it up for me. NZ or bust now?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Horrible. Nothing more to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ireland were ****e, japan were dogged, ireland havent been playing well for quite a while now, world nó 1 how are ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Hilarious people here calling for heads on the Irish squad. The ref hardly let a call go our way. The Japanese must've been born offside and the ref never called it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,039 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ah the usual boo boys on now slaying the lads...

Just not our day today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The usual ecstasy after beating an ordinary Scottish side.
    We were well beaten today by a team we were going to steam roll.

To top it off we kick the ball into touch after the 80 minutes are up.
    Not that it would have made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    An absolute humbling. We can complain about Gardner but we were ****. Played right into the Japanese hands with our poor kicking and bad decision. I'd be so happy for Japan was I not absolutely ****ing gutted.

Japan played the exact way we knew they would. Joe can shove it up his ass at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Poor display from the ref but we should be capable of beating Japan even with all decisions going their way.
    Fairly messed up team at the end to be fair, where did McGrath end up playing?

Also there should be some sort of IQ test required to be able to post in these threads, some amount of bellends posting that ruin these threads everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

* Insert image of me with egg all over face here.

Carty's disrespectful kick early on set the tone.

Chuffed for Japan. Will go for a sushi brunch on Capel Street to cheer myself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Referee was very poor at awarding us penalties but at the end of the day you don't give away stupid penalties. We made so many errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Typlical Ireland. Always someone else to blame. Just not as good as the hype and bluster suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,288 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well, that will do great things to promote rugby in Japan

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

Well done Japan. Really absorbing game to watch.

They were so good with the ball in hand - lightning quick. Ireland in comparison were so slow and ponderous. Are we even capable of putting the ball through hands like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Christy42

The elephant in the room just grows bigger when the panel completely ignore the refs performance. Whether they thought it was good, bad or indifferent it had to be addressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Urgent message to Joe Schmuck and Andy Farrell:- lads, we urgently need to import more SH mercenaries and give them Irish jerseys.

Advertisement