Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I loved the snippets they played of some of the great dances of the years. I'm still in love with Oti's samba. I often think how the music can really make or break the dance they perform. Some of the most memorable pieces of choreography and performance (for all the right reasons lol ) had really powerful music as the backdrop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Katya is an absolute genius when it comes to choreography. Even now I can’t wait to see what she’s going to do next week. And I can imagine Neil wanting to show off his skills

I’ve read a few times that Katya’s choreography is mainly Neil’s work. Not sure how true that is, but will be interesting to see if hers is up to the same standard this year now that they’ve split up and he has a partner of his own. I didn’t think he came across particularly well last night, but I’ll be looking forward to seeing his dances.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

ncmc wrote: »
    I’ve read a few times that Katya’s choreography is mainly Neil’s work. Not sure how true that is, but will be interesting to see if hers is up to the same standard this year now that they’ve split up and he has a partner of his own. I didn’t think he came across particularly well last night, but I’ll be looking forward to seeing his dances.

Yeah, I've read that too and hoped it was largely sexism.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Neil seems to be extremely self-confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Janette came across really well last night but I don’t love her choreography. Can’t wait to see what Oti and Kayta do this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I will miss Pasha, I loved him.

Glad Anton didn't get a completely lame duck this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I will miss Pasha too, he was my favourite male pro. Will be rooting for Aljaz now, he’s such a dote. From the little I’ve seen, his partner looks like she can dance so he could be in with a chance. I think Amy came across as a total sweetheart last night. Would love to see her do well after her rumoured ordeal with DJJ last year.

By my count only 3 of the professional dancers have won the glitter ball? Don’t think anyone has won it twice have they? Aljiaz could be in with a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Aliona won twice but is no longer on the show. I miss her dancing so much. Along with Brendan and now Pasha.

Aliona won twice but is no longer on the show. I miss her dancing so much. Along with Brendan and now Pasha.

I miss James and Ola. Used love when they were panned. Sad, but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Matthew was so lovely too ... especially at ballroom

• Advertisement

Call me Al wrote: »
    I often think how the music can really make or break the dance they perform. Some of the most memorable pieces of choreography and performance (for all the right reasons lol ) had really powerful music as the backdrop.

I fully agree with this. I loved that samba too.

One of my favourite dances ever, was Jay and Aliona's jive (not normally a big fan of jive) but when that music switched to Misirlou, I got goosebumps.

I'm sad to see Darcy didn't return this year. There was rumours she wasn't happy about Shirley coming on as head judge, but I don't know if there is any truth in that.

I doubt that very much. Darcey is a lady. She became a laureate of Ballet yesterday. Truly well deserved.

honeybear wrote: »
    Matthew was so lovely too ... especially at ballroom

Like Ian Waite. Gorgeous at ballroom

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh3ikHS6grE

Danny Macs samba one of my all time favourites

And Kara and Artems Rumba was divine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQLODYQBVJg

Not dance related, but Karen's new hairstyle? GORGEOUS

It really suits her. She is absolutely glowing. So delighted for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

The Strictly Live Tour is coming to Dublin next February. I went to see it in London this year - was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

kitten_k wrote: »
    The Strictly Live Tour is coming to Dublin next February. I went to see it in London this year - was great!

OOOH I really really hope I can get tickets. Have sale dates been announced?

Edit: Just checked they go on sale this friday and the show is Tuesday the 28th of January

Thanks for that. I'm definitely going to try and get tickets. Hope its not snowing.

I was at the show the last time it came to Dublin . It was a magical night , will definitely go again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Got my tickets in the pre sale today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

I can’t believe Strictly has come around again for another year. I really love it, but this year I’m not looking forward to it as much as I would be normally...don’t know why!! Also notice that It Takes Two is now on from 5.15pm to 6pm, which means I’ll never see it, as I’ll be at work. The original time (6.30) was perfect, sitting down relaxing with a cup of tea or coffee.

Isn’t that only for the first two weeks and then back to Bbc 2 normal time 6.30

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Got my tickets in the pre sale today :-)

Picked up 2 this morning too... gonna make a great Christmas Present :)

See you there! :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Picked up 2 this morning too... gonna make a great Christmas Present :)

See you there! :D

I cant find anywhere to buy them ?

Ticketmaster

Ticketmaster
    I tried and it said not yet on sale .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

You can get pre-sale tickets with 3

You can get pre-sale tickets with 3

thanks you

• Advertisement

I tried but 3 haven’t sent me a code as of yet :(

Advertisement