Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Any1 any idea when we're gonna see sites to update their data bases for fifa 20? Wanna start making a team but the amount of special cards and players that have left clubs keeps catching me out... Espicsly when trying to make a team in a lesser known league

Even when I have my team I'm sure packed players and the OTW card might throw me into the unknown

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think Futbin have been starting to add players. Though only saw the Icons so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah you had to preorder by August 5th to get the otw card

can you still get early access if you order it today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

seamie78 wrote: »
    can you still get early access if you order it today

Yeah you can and you can get ea access too.
    That gives you 10 hours gameplay a few days earlier than the early access from ultimate edition plus if you get ea access for 1 month before preordering the game online it saves you 10% on ultimate edition so def worth it.

Demo is due out today, the top 100 ratings were out yesterday (I know most were leaked beforehand anyway)

Son is going to be very costly!!! Having not played fifa 19 for about a month now I’m looking forward to getting back into fifa 20.
    Def going to keep it a bit more casual this year, I got better at that in second half of season last year, up until December last year I think I only missed 1, maybe 2 weekend leagues.
    After Christmas then I only played 2 out of 3 or 1 out of 2 on most occasions and found it less of a chore.
    (Also, another contributor is, I didn’t get 1 usable red pick all season up until zlatan in TOTS)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Said to myself I wouldn't get Fifa 20 but as it's getting closer I'm starting to crack, will probably cave in in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

It comes out just a few days before I get paid, so I’ll more than likely crack. Looking forward to building my Liverpool team!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Said to myself I wouldn't get Fifa 20 but as it's getting closer I'm starting to crack, will probably cave in in the next week or so.

Same as, just like last year, the trial will be great, and i'll say this is not bad, seemed to have fixed the bugs, and will probably get it on the basis of that, then the main game starts and its trash and im cursing at it and myself again :)

Same as, just like last year, the trial will be great, and i'll say this is not bad, seemed to have fixed the bugs, and will probably get it on the basis of that, then the main game starts and its trash and im cursing at it and myself again :)

Gonna try play a lot more pro clubs this year, felt like last year all I done was play UT and ended up getting sick of that after a few months.

Pukki wins POTM.

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1172449844817874944?s=21

Hoping the card is 30-40k, like Lucas last year.

• Advertisement

Also, details about the web app.

September 13, 2019 – FUT 19 Web App goes offline.
    September 18, 2019 GMT – FUT 20 Web App comes online. If you’re a returning FUT 19 player with an account in good standing, this is when you can start using the Transfer Market.

September 19, 2019 GMT – FUT 20 Companion App launches.

Early access to the Web and Companion Transfer Market ends at 11:59 p.m. GMT on October 10. After that, you’ll need to log in to FUT 20* on your PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One at least once to continue using both apps.

You must have created a FUT Club in FIFA 19 and logged in to FUT 19 on your platform before August 1, 2019, to be eligible for early access to the FUT 20 Web and Companion apps.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pukki wins POTM.

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1172449844817874944?s=21

Hoping the card is 30-40k, like Lucas last year.

Yeah I think you’ve nailed it there on the price, it should be around 30k ish. Very nice starter card.

Getting very tempted to go bundesliga this year, sancho should win potm so depending on how much that costs I might veer off that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I totally abandoned FUT 19 after a few months. Played a load of Seasons mode instead. Much more enjoyable tbh. More playing the actual game, less messing about with trading and cards, fewer totally unbalanced matches. Don't think I'll ever go back to FUT tbh.

lads im making the switch from PS4 to Xbox1 for fifa this year, had 19 on the PS4.

will i run into any difficulties do yous think in regards to logging into the web app and that?

if i log in and trade will that be tied to my PS4 so when i log into the game on the xbox ill need to start again or is it linked to an EA account?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Getting very tempted to go bundesliga this year, sancho should win potm so depending on how much that costs I might veer off that way.

I'm very tempted to do the same. I regretted not doing some of their POTMs last year, and there's plenty of opportunity there for hybrids (especially if Sancho wins).

I'm also going to avoid doing too many Icons this year too. I felt I never got value out of Best, for instance, and probably could have lived without Keane and Petit.

Gulliet and r9 will be done asap though :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to do the same. I regretted not doing some of their POTMs last year, and there's plenty of opportunity there for hybrids (especially if Sancho wins).

I'm also going to avoid doing too many Icons this year too. I felt I never got value out of Best, for instance, and probably could have lived without Keane and Petit.

Gulliet and r9 will be done asap though :P

Yeah I’m going to treat icons differently too this year. I did some just to stockpile for the bigger icon sbc’s but by the time R9 and gullit were released it would’ve been much cheaper to just buy some baby icons.
    I have to try zidane out this year too.

I actually got a lot of games from keane and best only left my team when I got toty mbappe around April.

I'd love to give pirlo and Drogba a go.

Even though he always scored against arsenal Drogba was a total animal and would suit my play style totally

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Same with me lads. Bundesliga to start, looks like it has some quality cards this year. I’ll eventually work my way towards a Liverpool legends squad, but Bundesliga to start off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've been tempted back after taking 19 off, can't say no with 3 new Liverpool Icons being added :p

Bought EA Access for the month to get the 10 hours pre-launch gameplay, absolutely no reason not to considering paying €4 for EA Access also gives you a 10% discount on all EA games so I'm actually saving €6 by doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Gave up on 19 when the prime icon moments were released although that was due to me getting sick of it since I played all of 18 and went straight into 19.

Looking forward to 20 now after the break. Want to end up with Dalglish and Rush up top with the highest rated Firmino card behind them with prime Barnes and Gerrard in the midfield. I'll probably only have enough coins to get Firmino though :pac:

Was looking at the squad builder on futbin and came up with this as my starter squad:

fifa.jpg

Would like to get that although wouldn't be suprised if some of ben yedder, fekir, Sissoko or Gomez end up overpriced meta cards like Bakayoko in 18.

• Advertisement

With two attacking mids in frkir and payet would. You be better off going with someone like doucoure instead of Weiss?

I’ll probably work with a Dutch league squad starting off, IF the prices aren’t bad. There’s a decent team there that’s easy enough to make.

Looking at the Portuguese and Turkish leagues, they seem lacking overall. Decent options in about half the team but the other half are abysmal. Not checked Chinese. (Edit: have now. Look great for attack and midfield, but defense is an issue. But easy hybrid potentials thanks to a Dembele and various Brazilian options).

Dutch have some good options all over the place (though I’ve no clue how, for instance, Zieych will price out; 85 but zero hybrid potential). A lot of players, like Blind or Onana, look great stats IF their league keeps their price low.

Mainly like the fact I could put in Depay as well, who seems to be a striker. Loads of hybrid potential too, thanks to the Dutch playing everywhere. Ake in defense, Dost if I need a slow tree to knock in headers, etc.

A mane and probably Son IF in totw1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    With two attacking mids in frkir and payet would. You be better off going with someone like doucoure instead of Weiss?

I really liked payet and wass in 18 so I'll probably stick with them. I like having two decently attacking CMs so if someone parks the bus I can pass to them for a long shot.

Many first time finesse shots were scored with Payet's IF in 18 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've been tempted back after taking 19 off, can't say no with 3 new Liverpool Icons being added :p

Bought EA Access for the month to get the 10 hours pre-launch gameplay, absolutely no reason not to considering paying €4 for EA Access also gives you a 10% discount on all EA games so I'm actually saving €6 by doing this.

after your pack luck for fifa18 I wouldn't blame you for taking fifa19 off.
    It would have been terrible to go back to a vanilla team after your one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blazer wrote: »
    after your pack luck for fifa18 I wouldn't blame you for taking fifa19 off.
    It would have been terrible to go back to a vanilla team after your one.

It's the untradeable packs! Same plan this year so we'll see how it goes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It's the untradeable packs! Same plan this year so we'll see how it goes :p

yeah I got all your luck for Fifa 19 :D so I'm taking a break for a year from all gaming (well except mobile) so best of luck.
    Although I might get pulled back in as the yea goes on if I see all those sexy teams :D

**** it, ordered it on the PS store, roll on another year of madness :pac:

According to Twitter leaks sancho has won bundesliga potm as expected and will be an 87 rated card.
    Def leaves me strongly leaning towards bundesliga.
    Of course the sbc might be overpriced so will have to wait and see.

• Advertisement

Hopefully the Web App drops tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement