Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’m not sure if I’ll stay on bundesliga though, an 86/87 sancho potm was swaying me but not convinced now

I played a few games today with Werner being my main draw, but I'm not 100% sold currently. Not by Werner but by those around him.

Sancho and Akanji are so expensive, though I worry I'm just still stuck in the old mindset of not wanting to spend 30k on an 84, lol.

EDIT: Like, a quick glance at the Italian leagues, and I can get Naingollan, SMS and Lozano for about the same price as Sancho....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

6K Fifa points in... Kane, Oblak, Sancho, Marcelo, Goretzka and IF Aurier, will open the other 6k tomorrow.

What's everyone's opinion on game play? Just played two division placement matches, won 1 and drew the other. I like it but it's gonna take some getting used to. Completely different feel but that's not a bad thing,
    Kane is an absolute beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Haha so much for me going to play without play this year. Absolutely horrendous that to have any chance early on you have to spend a few quid.

82 POTW Pelligrini is what I'll be building the starter team around.

Will be parking UT until payday and drop a few quid in.

One major complaint. 4-2-3-1 would be much better if you could convert Right sided attackers to RAM.

My first team of the year pic.

20190920-201059.jpg

4 Spurs players and me an Arsenal fan, makes me feel dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Oh wow.

There was meant to be an picture attachment but it was too large.

Just packed Ronaldo...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,898 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just got Ousmane Dembele from the MMs, first notable pull of the year, selling for 50k now but think I'll hold on and hope he rises on full release.

If anyone's looking for a player to snipe look for the French RM Salibur, he instantly sells for 3600 and because he's non-rare people keep listing him for low prices, just got 4 for under 1500 in like 10 minutes. Of course I figure this out right before my access is about to run out :p

Screenshot-2019-09-20-at-20-51-53.png
    Screenshot-2019-09-20-at-20-51-47.png

Gonna switch away from the front three of Werner/Melan/Memphis to try this for a few games, mainly cause I'm finding running to the by-line and passing in to the middle to be my most effective strategy so far.

NXyafhu.png

Well that's me done until Tuesday, time's up. Pretty happy with this team I've put together without buying FP and considering I don't have access to the web app.

Screenshot-2019-09-20-at-22-36-52.png

Still have 20 minutes remaining on the trial but I'm saving that for Sunday so I can open my Squad Battles rewards, got to Elite 3 but I'm guessing I'll be down to Gold 1 or 2 by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Only have 100 gold cards in my club, opened 3 players non rare pack and got 2 duplicates.

What were the odds :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Finding the bpm effective for the early grind because he Swiss league players are selling for 700 with marquee matchups and bronzes are being used in the starter sbc’s too.

I even managed to pack a tow player :D the 72 rated keeper.

Done two SBCs today and packed IF Nani in both of them ha.

EDIT: Also lads when you've bought players for SBCs on the companion app you can just filter most recent buys and they all come up so you don't have to add them to the SBCs one by one.

Packed Werner, sold him on for 45k, great price for an 83.

Mystery ball is awesome.
    KOTH is ok, but the lack of rules actually makes it a bit too chaotic imo.
    Swaps is not great at this point, especially if you’ve got a good team. It’s massively unbalanced if you lose three of your top players for three dross players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

So you guys are buying loads of packs and selling/buying players onthe fifa 20 companion app?

As I said, I got the full game (100e version where you get the most packs with the game) and thought I would get a lot more packs immediately (got 2 or 3).

Drumpot wrote: »
    So you guys are buying loads of packs and selling/buying players onthe fifa 20 companion app?

As I said, I got the full game (100e version where you get the most packs with the game) and thought I would get a lot more packs immediately (got 2 or 3).

Yeah bought fifa points on console and opened them on companion app, I do most of my trading on that anyways.

Have about 2 hours left on the trial, undecided whether to play the last of my division ranking games or play the volta mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I enjoyed the mystery ball one as well even though some of the boosts are vastly better than others. King of the hill is a bit meh although that could be because I played against a guy who ran the length of the pitch and dabbed when he scored, in a friendly game mode :rolleyes:

I can't defend at all. Was playing squad battles on world class and conceded 4 to a team who's main striker was mascherano. Cheaping out on the defence and goalkeeper of my starter team seems to be a mistake as I've conceded a good few to my keeper flapping the ball straight to the striker in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Yeah bought fifa points on console and opened them on companion app, I do most of my trading on that anyways.

Have about 2 hours left on the trial, undecided whether to play the last of my division ranking games or play the volta mode.

Trial? Do you mean demo that you can download?

Trial? Do you mean demo that you can download?

No EA access, you get 10 hours of play for €3.99. It gives you a discount on Fifa points too and also buying the game. I got the €100 quid version for €89.99.

Edit: If you haven't got it yet Drumpot and have a strong internet connection I'd definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement

Not 100% sure if this was cleared up, but you’ll get two packs a week for the next 20 weeks from that version, iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

So have people got their first two packs already?

I have that version but haven't been able to get on...

Will I get the packs when the game releases?

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    So have people got their first two packs already?

I have that version but haven't been able to get on...

Will I get the packs when the game releases?

We haven’t got the preorder packs yet, just some loyalty ones for playing fifa before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

My flips have dried up now... every player I bid now gets bid up to the last 100 coins or so. ****e. Back to square one, might try silvers again.

So is the only way you get xp for the battle pass that ends with zaha/tolisso/vazquez the various objectives ? I presumed you'd get a small amount for every match played but seems not. I'm level 6 now but it'll be impossible to get to 30 once the starter objectives are out of the way.

Also the requirements for that oktoberfest kit are insane. 3 challenges one of which is to score two headers with a pack pulled german player in online rivals matches. That seems like a good objective for their new volley and headers friendly mode but what do I know :rolleyes:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    So is the only way you get xp for the battle pass that ends with zaha/tolisso/vazquez the various objectives ? I presumed you'd get a small amount for every match played but seems not. I'm level 6 now but it'll be impossible to get to 30 once the starter objectives are out of the way.

Also the requirements for that oktoberfest kit are insane. 3 challenges one of which is to score two headers with a pack pulled german player in online rivals matches. That seems like a good objective for their new volley and headers friendly mode but what do I know :rolleyes:

Absolutely ridiculous requirement and something I fear they’ll add for the objectives needed for the icons.
    Zero fun in it, it’s just a complete chore.
    Even if it was something like “score 10 goals with German players in rivals” it’d be grand but to have to score headers with a player you packed is daft.

• Advertisement

My flips have dried up now... every player I bid now gets bid up to the last 100 coins or so. ****e. Back to square one, might try silvers again.

I’d say a lot of people have burned their ten hours now. Trading will probably quite down for a few days till the next release time.

Prices seem to have gone mad. Firmino was 30k the day before access and now he's above 100k.

I thought IF Mane wasn't worth it but now he's extinct at 600k :eek:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Prices seem to have gone mad. Firmino was 30k the day before access and now he's above 100k.

I thought IF Mane wasn't worth it but now he's extinct at 600k :eek:

Of course he is extinct.

As Lord said early access gone for most, so where would the cards come from...

Bought 60 squad fitness for 400-600.

That should give me some boost later on when the game actually goes live. Those cards never fail to provide steady profit.

I’m actually tempted to sell up cause of the price hike and rebuy in a few days when the prices drop again

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’m actually tempted to sell up cause of the price hike and rebuy in a few days when the prices drop again

I done the same last night.

I have just over 1 hour left on ea access and currently 2k clear for elite 1 in squad battles.

Hope I hang on as elite 2 versus elite 1 is the only group (bar top 100) where the rewards are hugely different.

Bit annoying that you can’t see the points required for each rank, other years you could.
    And once you get to elite 1 it doesn’t even show you how close you are to dropping back to elite 2.
    Like if I checked back in 3 hours it’ll tell me I’m elite 1 or elite 2.
    If I’m elite 2 it’ll tell me how many points I need to get into elite 1 but if I’m still elite 1 it won’t tell me if I’m 1000 points clear or 10 points clear.

So for that reason I’ll leave my last hour until about 11 tonight, by then I’ll certainly have fell from elite 1 and will know exactly what I need to do to get elite 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You can see the points? It's shows how many points for each and where you live in it.
    Not bothering going past gold 1 myself, just not worth the hassle.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You can see the points? It's shows how many points for each and where you live in it.
    Not bothering going past gold 1 myself, just not worth the hassle.

Really? I couldn’t see it on ps4. Wonder is it different on pc and ps4? Maybe just an early bug as it makes no sense for them to hide it for you but on ps4 you could def only see the points for the rank you were on (and the top 100) and then in elite 1 it shows no points.

Thought I was missing something obvious but went on Reddit and seen others saying the same.

And yeah, have to say, it is very tough only playing squad battles but that 30k reward will easily be turned into 60k by Friday and might pack something decent with the 2 55k packs.

I can play the game proper then on Tuesday.

The AI is just insane on legendary this year it means toy have to play so many games to get decent return. Tried one on ultimate and it was such a slog, won it 3-2 but it wasn't worth it when I get 7+ on lengendary for more points.

Just remembered I played the totw challenge again last night for the chem glitch so cost myself 1800 points. Must try and replay that this evening.

I can't see the points requirements either. It just tells me what rank I am and it shows me a progress bar to the next rank in the after match screen.

I find online easier than squad battles. People struggle to defend as much as myself but the ai will just draw everyone into their box to block everything.

The r1 drag back seems to work well on them though.

Thank god I didn't sell that Dembele when I packed him, saw he was 50k on futbin and nearly listed him, turns out it only said he was 50k because that's his max value and he's actually totally extinct, should be one of those to get a price range increase so.

Also this link shows every Squad Battles current rank https://www.futbin.com/squad-battles/points

Thank god I didn't sell that Dembele when I packed him, saw he was 50k on futbin and nearly listed him, turns out it only said he was 50k because that's his max value and he's actually totally extinct, should be one of those to get a price range increase so.

Also this link shows every Squad Battles current rank https://www.futbin.com/squad-battles/points

Ah brilliant, I have that bookmarked now, saves me a fair bit of hassle.

Sold Blind the other day for 2k, and was thrilled I had made a smooth 500 coin profit on him.

When I checked this morning, he was insta-selling for 10k cause he's extinct now, lol

Still undecided what team to make this year.

Stick with full Premier League team, a team with Mbappe + Neymar in it or the Italian League.

• Advertisement

It’ll probably be fixed in next patch but apparently there’s a glitch where all players start on full fitness regardless of what they go into game with.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It’ll probably be fixed in next patch but apparently there’s a glitch where all players start on full fitness regardless of what they go into game with.

Think it's only in offline modes like Squad Battles.

Think it's only in offline modes like Squad Battles.

Yea it is. They still lose fitness though so destroys them for online. If you're only doing squad battles you're golden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Reckon the market is gonna be insane this year... cards extinct left right and centre. I hope it doesn’t go back to 15 or 16 where Ronaldo etc were 15m

Reckon the market is gonna be insane this year... cards extinct left right and centre. I hope it doesn’t go back to 15 or 16 where Ronaldo etc were 15m

A lot of the cards being extinct has to do with weird price ranges which should be updated soon. The Icon stuff is gonna be interesting though, on one hand Base Icons should be cheaper because they'll no longer be needed in SBCs, but on the other hand they could be expensive because the Primes aren't out yet and won't be until December.

I think icon prices will be through the roof this year unless they drastically increase pack weight.
    Before the sbc’s gave the packed ones a bit of structure because if you can complete say prime Ronaldinho for 2 mil through sbc people can’t sell him for 4 million, just wouldn’t work.

But now, if they put baby or mid Ronaldinho in the icon challenge the absolute only way you can get a prime Ronaldinho is from the market so people can hold you to ransom to a degree.

Like drogba and Rio we already know will not have their prime cards available other than through the market.

The knock on effect then comes to the more meta players, Neymar will stay higher for longer because people won’t be using the icons as much, maybe a bad example as Neymar was better than most icons but you get what I mean

Well after slaughtering a lot of cans of Guinness earlier for the rugby , I opened a few more packs on the web app, bang 88 Vieira :pac: only coming around now gonna sell him and make a team with Mbappe and Neymar.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Well after slaughtering a lot of cans of Guinness earlier for the rugby , I opened a few more packs on the web app, bang 88 Vieira :pac: only coming around now gonna sell him and make a team with Mbappe and Neymar.

Over 2.5m :eek:

Over 2.5m :eek:

TOTY Ronaldo and OTW Ronaldo last year and now this, and this is a better feeling than both of those two combined especially this early on :pac:

• Advertisement

Right I'm ready for Tuesday now :pac:

[URL=https:///]c4d411f1d6eb1517489af6a8018fd5c6-full.jpg[/URL] upload

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement