Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Petrol stations , have a one way system and don’t park at the petrol pumps if you are nipping in for a slice pan. Very frustrating for other drivers waiting for petrol or diesel. Whole place gets clogged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My lovely Spanish friend just sent me a picture of her little girl at a pool party.
    However, it also had her husband in it, wearing only his very tight speedos and ripped six pack.
    Not fair sending that to a single woman :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Neighbor is having a party across the road :( No sleep tonight but alas I’ll be playing death metal in the morning to even out the score :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Ta at real assholes who try to make themselves out to be saints.

Also ta at earphones that half work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

Lack of common courtesy from retail staff.

There is a new girl that works in the local shop that nearly goes out of her way to make me feel like she's doing me a favour by waiting for here to figure out the change.

The fact that she's not even Irish is more galling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭gifted

Can't sleep, on couch and I've a sleepy looking yoke looking at me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

gifted wrote: »
    Can't sleep, on couch and I've a sleepy looking yoke looking at me
    That sleepy yoke wants you to feed and pet him/her (the order in which you do these things is irrelevant). And s/he wants you to make room for him/her on the couch. And if you don't do it, shame on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Casual xenophobia.
    Just don't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lack of common courtesy from retail staff.

There is a new girl that works in the local shop that nearly goes out of her way to make me feel like she's doing me a favour by waiting for here to figure out the change.

Sorry ? Why is that more galling ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

New Home wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be "purposely"?
    There’s a subtle difference. But ‘purposefully’ can also mean ‘intentionally’ which is different to the usage Bluewolf is thinking of, the ‘doing something with determination’ usage.

Is that a recently added definition? I searched it a few times before when i first noticed it and couldn't find anywhere saying intentionally
    https://www.thefreedictionary.com/purposefully
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/purposefully
    https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/purposely-versus-purposefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A few of the boys are over to watch a recording of the game,
    the one who never ever gets the point of anything thats been said, has attached himself to me.

I know its partly his condition, but just go away.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is that a recently added definition? I searched it a few times before when i first noticed it and couldn't find anywhere saying intentionally
    https://www.thefreedictionary.com/purposefully
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/purposefully
    https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/purposely-versus-purposefully

Possibly. I guess language can evolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Exiting the supermarket car park out on to an incredibly busy road and the person behind me decided the second that I reached the front of the queue that by beeping their horn, I'd somehow find a gap in the traffic a bit faster. All thats gonna make me do is be extra extra cautious, no matter how long that takes. And no, I'm not an asshole, there was no one behind him so I wasn't causing a tailback

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Men who wear a tie that matches the colour of their partner's dress.

A sure sign of being under the thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Rotten head cold since last night...TA and lack of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Men who wear a tie that matches the colour of their partner's dress.

A sure sign of being under the thumb.

When my fella was being measured for a suit for a wedding we were attending, the tailor suggested matching the tie to my dress. I thought it was nice.

TA'd that I can't taste anything with this awful cold and I lay awake last night for 8 hours because my cough wouldn't let me sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When you don't allow yourself to get close to anyone romantically for years and years because you're sick of getting hurt, and then you finally allow yourself to and shock horror, get hurt again.

Do the nuns hire men? I may as well apply at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Robbie Keane's aul bag. Two newspaper magazine interviews this past weekend alone. Why can't she just go away and never come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Those tiny portions of milk that you get in hotel rooms!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I bought "easy peelers". Not only is peeling them like trying to rip a soccer ball with my bare hands, but they don't break into segments properly. So, I either have to mangle the pieces in order to separate them or shove a good few segments in my gob together and risk choking. And the bloody things are sour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When my reversing sensor doesn't work when it should.
    Another tail light down !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Just seeing that the Ryanair flights that I smugly bought for €34 (after being as high as €60) are now €19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I forgot something when I left the house this morning so had to go back when I was halfway. It's lashing out and I got soaked!

Someone told me we were meant to be having a heatwave this week. Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

When I click on latest post for here, it brings me back 4 pages.

The Glitch :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have just seen a Christmas ad on TV . Winter wonderland in Centre bloody Parcs

I seen that the other day. That and Tesco's have decided to bring out the christmas stuff...a section dedicated to selection boxes, tins of biscuits/sweets and other crap.
    My instant reaction much to the embarrassment of my wife...IT'S ONLY FU*KING SEPTEMBER!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I seen that the other day. That and Tesco's have decided to bring out the christmas stuff...a section dedicated to selection boxes, tins of biscuits/sweets and other crap.
    My instant reaction much to the embarrassment of my wife...IT'S ONLY FU*KING SEPTEMBER!!!:mad::mad::mad:

It's gone fookin ridiculous. Sure the Back to School ads had started before the kids even finished for the summer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pretzel Stick, why are you so addictive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I was in a good mood coming into work this morning.
    Now I'm not, due everyone bitching behind everyone elses back.
    I'm trying to stay out of it but that makes the peasants suspicious of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Dial Hard wrote: »
    It's gone fookin ridiculous. Sure the Back to School ads had started before the kids even finished for the summer.

I know right....The Halloween stuff hasn't come out yet...anything for maximum profits I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

More TAs:

Being sicker than a bus to Knock.

New books by Margaret Atwood AND Stephen King out tomorrow and I haven't got the money to buy either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement