Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Set my alarm for 7.30 am. Woke around 6.50 after dreaming my alarm had gone off and that I'd fallen back to sleep. Ran into shower without checking time until later. Then realised I didn't need to be in work until 10 anyway (commute time for me is 5 minutes!).

I could have had an extra 2 hours sleep this morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Waking up with a cough and slightly losing my voice. I’m working at 3 so let’s hope it comes back!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

my office is just insufferably warm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Rare day off today and had planned to do so much.

Haven't done anything except enjoy a cup of coffee whilst reading the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

vriesmays wrote: »
    Sounds worse than a migraine, a cluster headache.

Googled cluster headache and realised I've had them.
    Searing pain from top of my head to my lower jaw . Always on my right side.
    Passed after a few hours, thank god.

• Advertisement

People that say tree when they mean three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

cjmc wrote: »
    So all Irish people then :pac:

And TAs that i mean to post and by the time i get my phone I've forgotten them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ate too much for lunch and it feels like the food is just lodged in my throat. I'm such a glutton.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    So all Irish people then :pac:

Draw a line from dundalk to sligo and anything south of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Work group asking me about that poor man in Drumcondra(as I know the area well),
    one turns around to me and says, aren't you so lucky that you have somewhere nice to live.

So many ta's about this, the least of which strangers presuming ANYTHING about my life.

In the same vein, ppl asking where my 'family' are now, and how I must be this and that as an 'empty nester'.

PFOPFOPFO.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've a stitch on my back - it started on my neck on Sunday night, and it's now spread to half way down my left shoulder blade. I can reach it to press on it but not with enough pressure to "un-knot" it, and using a pen to reach it without straining my arm won't do much. I need a door jamb, or someone good with opposable thumbs. I'm also wondering if it's a bra-strap-related issue... :/ Anyway, ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

New Home wrote: »
    I've a stitch on my back - it started on my neck on Sunday night, and it's now spread to half way down my left shoulder blade. I can reach it to press on it but not with enough pressure to "un-knot" it, and using a pen to reach it without straining my arm won't do much. I need a door jamb, or someone good with opposable thumbs. I'm also wondering if it's a bra-strap-related issue... :/ Anyway, ouch!

Put a sweeping brush handle between you and a wall and find the spot and roll your back back and forth on the handle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Giving out about how I didnt get responses from this or that message I left for various associations/businesses on their SM,
    smart alec tells me I should have rung!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

cjmc wrote:

Tats therrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Br9Yk90IUAAsIR-.jpg

Old ****ers looking at me parking in disabled parking space with distain.
    They should have separate spaces for them like they have for toddlers and expectant mothers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Put a sweeping brush handle between you and a wall and find the spot and roll your back back and forth on the handle

A tennis ball works well too :)

TA, I made a mug of coffee and it tasted like there was no sugar in it. I knew I had taken a spoon of sugar out of the jar, so I stirred it and tasted it again and there was no difference. I went to get more and saw that I had put the spoon of sugar into a bowl beside the sugar jar.
    D'oh :(

I'm very good with opposable thumbs. I think i have really mastered them.

My ears are different heights so my reading glasses are always wonky or I have to bend the stem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Drivers beeping at learner drivers. Your beeping will not help them move away from the lights any faster, infact they will probably get more flustered and stall the car again.

Must be great knowing how to drive from birth.

No, I'm not a learner, passed that test many moons ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Today FM is an intelligence killer.
    I think Ive forgotten some facts and words as a result of listening to it today.

i accidentally caught a bit of Niall Boylan when i popped out at lunchtime. i think my IQ dropped a few points. It is like listening to the worst of AH.

Every now and then my parrot Charlie goes through a naughty phase where he tries to destroy things he knows he's not allowed to touch. I turned around today and found him with the cord of the laptop charger in his beak. Luckily I got it off the little sh!t before he chomped right through it.

Yesterday he got hold of a pen and I don't care about the pen but he managed to pull out the ink cartridge and if he chewed that he'd poison himself. The little brat thought it was hilarious and wouldn't give it to me and I was chasing him around the house like a mad thing. If anyone had seen it.

Today he also shredded the zip on one of my hoodies. It's like having a toddler with wings. If there's something he shouldn't be doing, he'll find a way to do it. Why can't he just behave like Ruby?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Everything is annoying me today.

People who arent even in the queue,standing behind the person that is.But they are miles behind them,and dont move up.

Old biddies getting on and asking the bus driver a million questions.Why did the other bus not come.Cause he probably knew,you would be there.

People on buses paying but not moving over to let the Leapcard users do their business.

Im going to bed.Maybe tomorrow be a better day.

Every now and then my parrot Charlie goes through a naughty phase where he tries to destroy things he knows he's not allowed to touch. I turned around today and found him with the cord of the laptop charger in his beak. Luckily I got it off the little sh!t before he chomped right through it.

Yesterday he got hold of a pen and I don't care about the pen but he managed to pull out the ink cartridge and if he chewed that he'd poison himself. The little brat thought it was hilarious and wouldn't give it to me and I was chasing him around the house like a mad thing. If anyone had seen it.

Today he also shredded the zip on one of my hoodies. It's like having a toddler with wings. If there's something he shouldn't be doing, he'll find a way to do it. Why can't he just behave like Ruby?
    I've no parrots but had 2 toddlers so I feel your pain

cjmc wrote: »
    I've no parrots but had 2 toddlers so I feel your pain
    At least when the parrot is getting on my nerves I can just leave the apartment. I don't think you can take that approach with toddlers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

At least when the parrot is getting on my nerves I can just leave the apartment. I don't think you can take that approach with toddlers :pac:

At least teh toddlers grow up :and leave home [eventually]:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    At least teh toddlers grow up :and leave home [eventually]:D
    Parrots never grow up and live 65 years and I have no idea how old mine is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I have a clothes horse that goes horizontal rather than vertical. The height is about waist level.

White wash drying away on it. Unexpected visitor arrives. Proceeds to pick up the free "area newspaper " from the pile of post. Opens it out on the clothes horse reading away.....damp white clothes + freebie newspaper ink... What could go wrong!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement