Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

You need to go home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

You need to go home

When Trump said that the world lost its ****. Is it acceptable to say here?

You didn't say why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

c53.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The t is for tan

You are a tan

You need to go home

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I'm from Westmeath.

Are all Irish people pro EU?

You have previously said you’re from England and you live here now.

Odd that

• Advertisement

You have previously said you’re from England and you live here now.

Odd that

Lol. No I didn't.

Never have I said that.
    Find it, prove it.

Talk about reaching

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭interactive

I'm from Westmeath.

Irish born and bred
    EU was a good idea, but it has morphed into something else , im not a fan of the direction it is going.

Irish born and bred
    EU was a good idea, but it has morphed into something else , im not a fan of the direction it is going.

EU as a trading block was a brilliant idea. The centralisation of power is not good. Britain leaving and swaying the vote away from UK/Germany to France and the Med area is not good for Ireland.

Germany and France are the EU.

You need to go home

When Trump said that the world lost its ****. Is it acceptable to say here?

You didn't say why?
    I'm calling you a tan because you are a tan, do you get it now, I'm watching the rugby and you are spoiling it for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Irish born and bred

Maybe stop going to Europe and riding questionable ‘birds’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Irish born and bred

EU as a trading block was a brilliant idea. The centralisation of power is not good. Britain leaving and swaying the vote away from UK/Germany to France and the Med area is not good for Ireland.

Germany and France are the EU.

You are not familiar with the principle of subsidiarity in an EU context. The EU was not set up as a trading block. This is clear from the first Treaty.

Also, the EU is far less centralised than the UK. And while the UK leaving has minus points, it is clear that it has a major internal democratic deficit and constitutional weaknesses. Perhaps internally it needs a serious period of reflection. And reform. Stuffing the HoL to swing a vote is pitifully undemocratic.

Calina wrote: »
    You are not familiar with the principle of subsidiarity in an EU context. The EU was not set up as a trading block. This is clear from the first Treaty.

Also, the EU is far less centralised than the UK. And while the UK leaving has minus points, it is clear that it has a major internal democratic deficit and constitutional weaknesses. Perhaps internally it needs a serious period of reflection. And reform. Stuffing the HoL to swing a vote is pitifully undemocratic.

You shouldn't concern yourself with the UK post Brexit.
    Ireland should be the concern. Let Britain do what it wants

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Blueshoe wrote:
    I wonder what happens when the EU forces tax harmonisation and the Uk decides to lower it's corporation tax.

The UK could have lowered its corporation tax any time it wanted while an EU member. Doing it after they have shut themselves out of the Single Market would be more a sign of desperation than strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ltd440

I'm from Westmeath.

Irish born and bred
    Another poster who is against the EU who only joined boards today, starting to become a trend

ltd440 wrote: »
    I'm from Westmeath.

Irish born and bred
    Another poster who is against the EU who only joined boards today, starting to become a trend
    When britian leave hopefully they will all go back to the mainland we have tolerated them for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Well considering the UK controls a part of our Island I think we should concern ourselves with the goings on in the UK post Brexit.

Well considering the UK controls a part of our Island I think we should concern ourselves with the goings on in the UK post Brexit.

They can have it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

You shouldn't tell me what to consider and not to consider. Given that there is still considerable legislative overlap between Ireland and the UK, it would be prudent to keep an eye on them, gor example. And while it may be beyond your ability, some of us can demonstrate an interest in both Ireland's interests and political events in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

They can have it

No they can't.

You shouldn't tell me what to consider and not to consider. Given that there is still considerable legislative overlap between Ireland and the UK, it would be prudent to keep an eye on them, gor example. And while it may be beyond your ability, some of us can demonstrate an interest in both Ireland's interests and political events in the UK.

Keep an eye on whatever you like. Your view or opinion means zero to either

• Advertisement

Keep an eye on whatever you like. Your view or opinion means zero to either
    Yeah and your opinion does matter old chap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

T is the first letter of a word we Irish use to describe brits

45 years in Ireland in a nationalist family and I never heard that

splinter65 wrote: »

That poster called me a tan numerous times and told me to go back.
    Reported each one but silence.

Speaks volumes

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

31st of Oct won't be a cliff edge. The EU and Ireland are already talking of turning a blind eye to it.
    No checks in and out of Northern Ireland. Business as usually. All talk of tariffs are scare tactics. We all know they can't put a border up.

splinter65 wrote: »

That poster called me a tan numerous times and told me to go back.
    Reported each one but silence.

Speaks volumes
    Don't be such a pussy

Don't be such a pussy

Call me it again and tell me where I should go

• Registered Users Posts: 67,503 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Don't be such a pussy

Jaysus Declan would you ever quit.

Debate the issues and leave the childish stuff out of it.

Jaysus Declan would you ever quit.

Debate the issues and leave the childish stuff out of it.

He's gone to have a think about his next move. Ridiculous carry on

• Advertisement

When britian leave hopefully they will all go back to the mainland we have tolerated them for too long

Ok, so I’m English. I’ve never hidden the fact. I also live in Ireland.

So let me get this straight, as far as you are concerned, I am a tan and should “go home”?

I know the answer to this, I just want to see you say it straight (and not in text speak if you can manage that) so that everyone knows the sort of person you are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement