Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 5 transfer thread

• 31-08-2019 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭

An extended tinkering period over the International break.
    Probably not much of an opportunity to increase team value but now that teams are bedded in, it might be time to right a few wrongs.
    Who is the next bandwagon? James?
    All aboard...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭blackwave

Kanexit time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Need to offload Perez but only have 6.8 to spend, no one else jumping out in that bracket and I have Mount already, James is an option too. Short .1 for Zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Need to offload Perez but only have 6.8 to spend, no one else jumping out in that bracket and I have Mount already, James is an option too. Short .1 for Zaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

bantee wrote: »

Felipe Anderson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Felipe Anderson?

Anderson is 6.9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Maybe Adrian for Ryan. Patricio's next 2 games aren't great. Adrian likely to play both?

Will bank the other till closer to the GW. If Siggy doesn't do anything then he could go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

AWB and Rashford out. Horrible wildcard mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

AWB and Martial out

James and Vestergaard in

Team value 98.3

2.1M in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

AWB out for me. Anyone not AWB in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Perez out tonight, probably for Mount or Cantwell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

-8's aren't working. Think I'll try a -20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭COH

Worth a -4 for...

McGinn > Cantwell
    Kane > Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Guess I'll have to lose zinchencko to swap kane for kun. A limit of 3 from city means no space for their defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Invincible

Haller in
    Jota out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

laporte out the door !!!Not sure who to bring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

laporte out the door !!!

Inception

With the lack of patience amongst the general FPL community these days, I wonder will there be an Abraham bandwagon at the expense of Pukki now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

With the lack of patience amongst the general FPL community these days, I wonder will there be an Abraham bandwagon at the expense of Pukki now.

Apart from City next GW and eve(GW13), they have a fairly tasty run where he could do a lot of damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

For me the difference is that Abraham is around some very experienced players - he has bucket loads of goals in championship. Chelsea will score goals given the team they are.

Will Norwich always score? Do they have the players that will supply Pukki week in week out?
    Maybe they will but I don’t think so - time will tell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Do I bring Kun in for Vardy this week as I had plannned?

Don’t think I can after that Vardy show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Foster out for pope. Possibly Ricky too depending how he looks tomorrow.. Actually if he's away with Brazil he will have to go anyone shed any light on this?

Do I bring Kun in for Vardy this week as I had plannned?

Don’t think I can after that Vardy show.

One question - Can you afford to let Aguero rise 0.2/0.3 over the international break, and even more in the coming GW's if you choose not to get him? Leicester have United and Liverpool away and spurs at home in 3 of next 4 games. Aguero has Norwich (and their defence :eek::eek::eek::eek:), Watford, Everton and Wolves over the same period. Aguero could outscore Vardy in the Norwich game alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I want to hold WC now i think.........King has to go (unless Siggy is dropped tomorrow then I have a bigger problem)
    0.5 ITB
    So my 2 options seem to be Barnes or Wesley
    Not excited by either prospect!!!

Also have Cathcart and Greenwood
    Might WC yet if siggy is dropped and just make minimal changes like I did last year
    Have to look at fixture swings etc though first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Laporte out. Otamendi in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    I want to hold WC now i think.........King has to go (unless Siggy is dropped tomorrow then I have a bigger problem)
    0.5 ITB

Might WC yet if siggy is dropped and just make minimal changes like I did last year

And awb
    Hhhmmmm that’s 4/5 already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think it might be wildcard time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Any suggestions has to who to swap wan bissaka out for 5.6

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

Would you take Pukki and Zouma out for Haller and a 4.6 defender, maybe Pieters or Mings for -4?

notdarkyet wrote: »
    Would you take Pukki and Zouma out for Haller and a 4.6 defender, maybe Pieters or Mings for -4?

I would dump Zouma for sure, why do you want to get rid of Pukki and when did you buy him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

Haller looks good and is likely to increase in price. I got Pukki early so I’ve made a profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Trying to resist the early transfers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Martial injury and now Laporte, not having the luckiest of spells. Will be doing Laporte to TAA now so AWB and Rashford will get a reprieve. Won't be wasting a -4 on either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

WC time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Will Kun be playing for Argentina over the break? Would be worried he might be rested in the next game but it's hard to survive without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Will Kun be playing for Argentina over the break? Would be worried he might be rested in the next game but it's hard to survive without him.

Has he not retired from international team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Around 4m overall rank. Never been this low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    0.5 ITB

Barnes look a good to me. Great fixtures and is taking lots of shots, has good xG etc. Was being championed by fpl accounts before season started too for his stats last year.

Have Abraham and Pukki and too many other fires to put out so won’t be getting him.

Will do Laporte to TAA I think. Considering a -4 to upgrade Mane to Salah; can’t cope watching Liverpool matches with Salah’s greed/involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Barnes look a good to me. Great fixtures and is taking lots of shots, has good xG etc. Was being championed by fpl accounts before season started too for his stats last year.

Have Abraham and Pukki and too many other fires to put out so won’t be getting him.

Will do Laporte to TAA I think. Considering a -4 to upgrade Mane to Salah; can’t cope watching Liverpool matches with Salah’s greed/involvement.

Big words saying it’s an upgrade :)

Mane has 7 more goals in 2019 than Salah, Salah been on pens too.

Do we think Salah/Mane outscore Aguero/Sterling? Is that where the double up is

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Big words saying it’s an upgrade :)

Mane has 7 more goals in 2019 than Salah, Salah been on pens too.

Do we think Salah/Mane outscore Aguero/Sterling? Is that where the double up is

I could be wrong here - but Salah is like Aguero has the form and history of scoring 2/3 goals back to back - and can go on runs that would destroy your season if you don’t have him. Mane may get more goals but is he getting 2/3 a game week after week? We see how selfish Salah can be which will hamper Mane.

As you pointed out Salah is on penalties - another good reason to have him.

I don’t think it’s a double up now - I think you have to have 3 of them - and of the 4 you mentioned Mane appears to be the least explosive -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Jesus is going to get a fair amount of game time for city. Might be at the expense of Sterling now that Mendy is back with Pep going back to playing two up top and no left winger.

Headscratchers to come. Benefit of Mane/Salah is that they'll always play

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I could be wrong here - but Salah is like Aguero has the form and history of scoring 2/3 goals back to back - and can go on runs that would destroy your season if you don’t have him. Mane may get more goals but is he getting 2/3 a game week after week? We see how selfish Salah can be which will hamper Mane.

As you pointed out Salah is on penalties - another good reason to have him.

I don’t think it’s a double up now - I think you have to have 3 of them - and of the 4 you mentioned Mane appears to be the least explosive -

Yes I have Salah myself but I’m starting to disagree on the Mane explosiveness. He started to hit big numbers this calendar, started off last season slow. He hit 2 in the Super Cup & possibly should of had 2 yesterday.

He had 2 in the last game of last season when they won 2-0.

Anyway besides that, I’ve looked at the numbers from last season and Salah (259) & Mane (231) outscore Sterling (234) & Aguero (201) by 55 points last season.

Salah / Mane will always play but there will be games where Sterling / Aguero will be rested.

3 of the 4 is needed and for now a double up on City is on but I can easily see this switching to Salah / Mane like towards end of last season... I think it’s only a matter of time before Mane & Salah are scoring in the same games as I don’t think that has happened this season

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Yes I have Salah myself but I’m starting to disagree on the Mane explosiveness. He started to hit big numbers this calendar, started off last season slow. He hit 2 in the Super Cup & possibly should of had 2 yesterday.

He had 2 in the last game of last season when they won 2-0.

Anyway besides that, I’ve looked at the numbers from last season and Salah (259) & Mane (231) outscore Sterling (234) & Aguero (201) by 55 points last season.

Salah / Mane will always play but there will be games where Sterling / Aguero will be rested.

Last season Salah/Mane played the equivalent of 12.25 games more than Sterling/Aguero - and yet only got 55 more points? Not great returns. Factor in the KdB was missing for such a large part of last season, and he is an assist machine, shows just how good Sterling/Aguero did - and now that KdB is fit, we are seeing the results - 5 assists already this season - more than he got last season.

Salah and Mane always playing not always a good thing though - higher risk of injury or being burnt out.

Anyone with Mane will always be afraid of what Salah can do given his ownership, where as most people with Salah won't be too afraid of Mane.

Sterling 47%
    Salah 43%
    KdB 31%
    Mane 19%
    Aguero 22%

Last season Salah/Mane played the equivalent of 12.25 games more than Sterling/Aguero - and yet only got 55 more points? Not great returns. Factor in the KdB was missing for such a large part of last season, and he is an assist machine, shows just how good Sterling/Aguero did - and now that KdB is fit, we are seeing the results - 5 assists already this season - more than he got last season.

Salah and Mane always playing not always a good thing though - higher risk of injury or being burnt out.

Anyone with Mane will always be afraid of what Salah can do given his ownership, where as most people with Salah won't be too afraid of Mane.

Sterling 47%
    Salah 43%
    KdB 31%
    Mane 19%
    Aguero 22%

While 5.5 points not be great, without looking into too much detail, assuming Sterling & Aguero played every minute minus the 12.25 games then there avg per game is only 1 better.

Have he done that off minutes played or appearances as Aguero played a lot of 60 minute matches, so 3 of those equates to 2 matches of Mane/Salah time.

While I agree on KdB getting a lot more assists, like we seen yesterday he will more than likely be taking from the other too.

The % you highlight are edging towards my point, Salah / Mane partnership would be a decent differential to go against the grain. It’s risky but overly risky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Thinking of doing Callum Wilson and Vardy to Ayew and Aguero for a -4 hit. Good option? It's been a few years since I played, what's the free hit??

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Thinking of doing Callum Wilson and Vardy to Ayew and Aguero for a -4 hit. Good option? It's been a few years since I played, what's the free hit??

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have to get rid of AWB. Have 1.3 itb. Won't make any snap decisions even if he does drop. Have nearly 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Wildcard or not, defence is a mess .4m in the bank.
    Ryan, Button nice fixtures
    VVD, Lundstram doing ok
    Coleman not justifying his price
    Hanley injured
    Rico never going to play
    Salah, KDB, Sterling all good
    Ceballos/Dedoncker rotation issues
    Aguero doing ok
    King not justifying his price
    Greenwood not making the grade.
    Could field
    Ryan
    VVD,Coleman,Lundstram
    Salah, KDB, Sterling, Ceballos, Dedoncker
    King, Kun
    Yours sincerely
    Confused.

patmac wrote: »
    Wildcard or not, defence is a mess .4m in the bank.
    Ryan, Button nice fixtures
    VVD, Lundstram doing ok
    Coleman not justifying his price
    Hanley injured
    Rico never going to play
    Salah, KDB, Sterling all good
    Ceballos/Dedoncker rotation issues
    Aguero doing ok
    King not justifying his price
    Greenwood not making the grade.
    Could field
    Ryan
    VVD,Coleman,Lundstram
    King, Kun
    Yours sincerely
    Confused.

formatting is a mess as well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Just watched West Ham Norwich. Man City could conceivably score 7 or 8 against Norwich. There’s a hole through their defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

formatting is a mess as well....

Apologies a few All Ireland drinks on me , would you wildcard this team:
    Ryan, Button,
    VVD,Coleman,Lundstram, Hanley, Rico
    King, Kun, Greenwood.

• Advertisement
Advertisement