Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW4 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I don’t understand your question in reference to the post you quoted.

Sorry, of the three transfer options you outlined?

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Mane/Aguero/Ayew

or

Salah/Abraham/Vardy

Already have Sterling and KDB

If you still have the wildcard I would go for the Aguero option - massive captain option over the next 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

naughtb4 wrote: »
    If you still have the wildcard I would go for the Aguero option - massive captain option over the next 4 weeks
    Yeah I am on a wildcard at the moment. If I can find a way to have Salah too instead of Mane I will go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What are people’s thoughts on Kane? Spurs look a mess this year. I think they’ve 15 points in their last 15 premier league games. Stick or twist?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Probably another hit to get Kane and Greenwood out for Pukki and Haller.

I sincerely regret not noticing how sh1t Spurs have been

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

GW3 vs now. Wildcard played.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hGc4HMP

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Are spurs going to be ****e all season?
    Kane plays every match, plus on pens.
    He got 2 against villa and if no var would have got at least 1 against Newcastle.
    When kane scores against an open arsenal side + people see the fixtures coming up everyone will look to get him back in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Have people shifted Siggy? If so, who did yee go with?

• naughtb4 wrote: »
    Sorry, of the three transfer options you outlined?

No idea now as the Martial injury is s problem for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Are spurs going to be ****e all season?
    Kane plays every match, plus on pens.
    He got 2 against villa and if no var would have got at least 1 against Newcastle.
    When kane scores against an open arsenal side + people see the fixtures coming up everyone will look to get him back in again.

Aguero has 4 from 3, Sterling 5 from 3, Salah has 3 from 3, they all look like goal threats, Kane on the other hand does not look like scoring - he's playing way to deep.

Of City's next 8 games - Aguero would have to be favourite to outscore Kane's next 8. likewise Sterling and Salah - so it's hard to have them all. You also have likes of KdB getting assists galore

• Advertisement

Would people keep kane or get in abumeyang and save a million?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Would people keep kane or get in abumeyang and save a million?

They’re the same price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Do I take a -4 to get rid of Jorginho?

If so, I have 9.1m to spend. No one is really jumping out at the moment. Any ideas?

Already have Salah, Sterling, KDB and Ddkr.

They’re the same price?

Ugh, I had a brainfart!

Auba 11
    Kane 11.1

Still though?

Kane next 6 games:

Sun 1 Sep 16:30 4 ARS (A)
    Sat 14 Sep 15:00 5 CRY (H)
    Sat 21 Sep 12:30 6 LEI (A)
    Sat 28 Sep 15:00 7 SOU (H)
    Sat 5 Oct 12:30 8 BHA (A)
    Sat 19 Oct 15:00 9 WAT (H)

Auba next 6 games:

Sun 1 Sep 16:30 4 TOT (H) 4
    Sun 15 Sep 16:30 5 WAT (A) 3
    Sun 22 Sep 16:30 6 AVL (H) 2
    Mon 30 Sep 20:00 7 MUN (A) 4
    Sun 6 Oct 16:30 8 BOU (H) 2
    Mon 21 Oct 20:00 9 SHU (A) 2

(followed by SEVEN handy ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking about taking a punt on Iwobi in for Siggy. Might leave it a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ugh, I had a brainfart!

Auba 11
    Kane 11.1

Still though?

Kane next 6 games:

Sun 1 Sep 16:30 4 ARS (A)
    Sat 14 Sep 15:00 5 CRY (H)
    Sat 21 Sep 12:30 6 LEI (A)
    Sat 28 Sep 15:00 7 SOU (H)
    Sat 5 Oct 12:30 8 BHA (A)
    Sat 19 Oct 15:00 9 WAT (H)

Auba next 6 games:

Sun 1 Sep 16:30 4 TOT (H) 4
    Sun 15 Sep 16:30 5 WAT (A) 3
    Sun 22 Sep 16:30 6 AVL (H) 2
    Mon 30 Sep 20:00 7 MUN (A) 4
    Sun 6 Oct 16:30 8 BOU (H) 2
    Mon 21 Oct 20:00 9 SHU (A) 2

(followed by SEVEN handy ones)

For me, kane has to go. Can't decide between kun, PEA or Haller so might stick with him one last weekend rather than taking a hit and decide on the WC next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I’m reluctant to but think I need to dispose of Siggy because he’s at -97%. Couldn’t stomach a second price drop on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

gammygils wrote: »
    Thinking about taking a punt on Iwobi in for Siggy. Might leave it a while though.

I’m not sure why you’d wanna do that. He’s only played 29mins so far. You’ve got the likes of McGinn who is cheaper than Iwobi who has done very well so far. Also Mount should be considered at similar price.

I’m not sure why you’d wanna do that. He’s only played 29mins so far. You’ve got the likes of McGinn who is cheaper than Iwobi who has done very well so far. Also Mount should be considered at similar price.

Yeah I really like Iwobi as an option but its way to early for him - hopefully another few price drops and he gets his place

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I just think Iwobi is a better option than Siggy. Maybe further down the line. Anyways I outed Siggy for Mount. Iwobi on watchlist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

gammygils wrote: »
    I just think Iwobi is a better option than Siggy. Maybe further down the line. Anyways I outed Siggy for Mount. Iwobi on watchlist

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion from anything Iwobi has ever done in his career so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not sure how you can come to that conclusion from anything Iwobi has ever done in his career so far.
    People tend to put massive value in players who've moved from big sides to smaller sides, where they presume they'll be top of the pecking order and score more points through being the stand-out talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Was gonna get McGinn because I thought he was around the 5.0 price mark, but I see he's the same price as Ceballos at 5.6

Would you rather have:
    Ceballos: Spurs (H), Watford (A), Villa (H), Man Utd (A), Bournemouth (H)
    McGinn: Palace (A), West Ham (H), Arsenal (A), Burnley (H), Norwich (A)

Think Ceballos could be the better long term pick but I'll probably wildcard at the 2nd international break so that's why I checked the fixtures up to then and seems like McGinn might be the better pick in that case.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭gandalfio

David Sliva anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

gandalfio wrote: »
    David Sliva anyone?

Rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was gonna get McGinn because I thought he was around the 5.0 price mark, but I see he's the same price as Ceballos at 5.6

Would you rather have:
    Ceballos: Spurs (H), Watford (A), Villa (H), Man Utd (A), Bournemouth (H)
    McGinn: Palace (A), West Ham (H), Arsenal (A), Burnley (H), Norwich (A)

Think Ceballos could be the better long term pick but I'll probably wildcard at the 2nd international break so that's why I checked the fixtures up to then and seems like McGinn might be the better pick in that case.

Any thoughts?

Do we really know what we're getting from Ceballos? It's very early yet and there's a lot of competition in that Arsenal squad for minutes.

McGinn is a much safer pick imo. Proven at Championship level, seems to have adapted well and will be one of Villas main players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

PARlance wrote: »
    Do we really know what we're getting from Ceballos? It's very early yet and there's a lot of competition in that Arsenal squad for minutes.

McGinn is a much safer pick imo. Proven at Championship level, seems to have adapted well and will be one of Villas main players.

Appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭gandalfio

munster87 wrote: »
    Rotation

Would Gundogan be who he's rotated with? Cant see anyone other than Solva and De Bruyne playing either side of Rodri or Fernandinho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

got mount and abraham in for giroud and madisson.

saved me money and should get more points. 2 banked transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

got mount and abraham in for giroud and madisson.

saved me money and should get more points. 2 banked transfers.

Cue giroud starting ahead of Abraham this week....

Advertisement