Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW4 Transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Kiko Fermenia needs to go.

I have 0.5 banked so have 5 mil to spend.

Goalies and defenders are:

Pope Heaton
    Robertson Lundstram, Kiko Fermenia, Digne, Adam Smith

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Perez out, Mount in.

Not 100% on Mount, really liked the look of Jota AVL last night. McGinn an option as well.

Salah, Sterling, Martial, Cantwell my other 4.

Will be making it tonight, might just go Mount, almost certain 0.2 rise this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭COH

King > Pukki
    Barkely > Mount
    Perez > McGinn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

PARlance wrote: »
    Perez out, Mount in.

Not 100% on Mount, really liked the look of Jota AVL last night. McGinn an option as well.

Salah, Sterling, Martial, Cantwell my other 4.

Will be making it tonight, might just go Mount, almost certain 0.2 rise this week.
    I want to get him too but did he not pick up an injury today?

bantee wrote: »
    I want to get him too but did he not pick up an injury today?

He did but he was walking fine afterwards apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

PARlance wrote: »
    He did but he was walking fine afterwards apparently.

That'll do me, cheers, just did Richi & King to Mount & Pukki before I lose another .2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Thinking Kean (poor punt) & Montoya to Abraham and 4.4m def

Guilbert likely to keep his place or just play safe with Lundstrom?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Robertson and Hayden to a Palace defender and Mount

Gives me a strong bench and while I was encouraged by Robbo today 7 mill on a defence that shaky wont cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Did King to Pukki while I can still afford it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Rashford out for pukki, really should have brought pukki in this week instead of Rashford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've done Jota to Pukki. Had 0.3m in the bank so just about enough to manage it before his price rise tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Had 0.5 available so did Greenwood to Pukki and Perez to Cantwell. Watching Norwich back, Cantwell looks the best value player in the game at the moment at 4.6. Hopefully they keep it going on I'm not a week too late.

Kept C. Wilson even though I could have done him to Pukki instead of Greenwood. Surprised he dropped so soon but I expect him to start scoring a few soon.

Our resident Villa fan says Gilbert will continue to share a lot of time with El Mohamady.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kean might start the next game, Everton attack needs a shake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Not having Pukki is becoming an issue. But I don't want to change my strike duo of Kane and Rashford (despite today's result at OT..). I could change to a front three and try to get him in for Greenwood but struggling to see how to fund it.

Zouma is my bigger priority for now. Chelsea defensive coverage has turned out to be a terrible idea. He's on -96, so keeping fingers crossed he survives the night, want to see how KWP does tomorrow. Maitland-Niles another option, though he's near a rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Cant afford King to Pukki :(

Still think he's goals will dry up though as teams will analyse him and he doesnt have any extra gears in him

Robertson to TAA is my move unless I can figure out the next bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

De Bruyne and Cantwell looking close to a rise so did Fraser and Tielemans to the aforementioned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Lemlin wrote: »
    Kiko Fermenia needs to go.

I have 0.5 banked so have 5 mil to spend.

Goalies and defenders are:

Pope Heaton
    Robertson Lundstram, Kiko Fermenia, Digne, Adam Smith

Any suggestions?

A bit of a cop out, but bank instead of spending it all.
    If it's a first world prob shave on the GK spot perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dempsey wrote: »
    Cant afford King to Pukki :(

Still think he's goals will dry up though as teams will analyse him and he doesnt have any extra gears in him

Robertson to TAA is my move unless I can figure out the next bandwagon

Similar position, just nowhere to go to get him - and not 100 percent I even want him out of pure stubbornness.

Only way I get him this week is if Martial needs to go and even then I think I prefer Haller , who could be the next bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Similar position, just nowhere to go to get him - and not 100 percent I even want him out of pure stubbornness.

Only way I get him this week is if Martial needs to go and even then I think I prefer Haller , who could be the next bandwagon

In exact same boat and I'm just being pure stubborn also.

Didn't get on any of the wolves train until really late last season out of stubbornness also and that eventually cost me big points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭893bet

On the Pukki train last night. Should have jumped last night. I expect another double priced use this week from him, especially if Kane blanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I think Perez has to go for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Is Pukki not the new Mitrovic from.last year? Teams will cop onto him and his influence will reduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Is Pukki not the new Mitrovic from.last year? Teams will cop onto him and his influence will reduce.

Could be, but it will be high percentage of active players affected so not sure if its good idea to be left behind.

He won't get double digits every week, but at that price he could be great value anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Every player gets special attention when they are known to be especially dangerous. Getting him or not I guess is whether you believe he is capable of escaping that attention or his team able to assist him in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

And that will be the time to move on to whoever is affordable and in form

• Registered Users Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He could also be the new Jiminez...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

naughtb4 wrote: »

I agree on Haller. West Ham have too many good options going forward that they will score a few. With the midfield positions slightly difficult to predict, Haller looks the one central to the dynamic of how they’ll play.

I tempted to wildcard and get shot of Kane, Auba and King and go with 3 strikers in the mid 6-7mil bracket as they could provide more value.

So something like Pukki, Haller and Wesley for example.

Then use the extra cash to upgrade midfielders to Pepe / Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I agree on Haller. West Ham have too many good options going forward that they will score a few. With the midfield positions slightly difficult to predict, Haller looks the one central to the dynamic of how they’ll play.

I tempted to wildcard and get shot of Kane, Auba and King and go with 3 strikers in the mid 6-7mil bracket as they could provide more value.

So something like Pukki, Haller and Wesley for example.

Then use the extra cash to upgrade midfielders to Pepe / Mane

A quick look sees a midfield/attack of

Salah Sterling Pepe KdB (Cantwell)

Pukki Haller Wesley

———-

The thing I like about that striker setup is that ability to flip between a host of strikers like Tammy, Barnes, Wood, Jimi etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pukki is averaging around 4 shots per game and scoring every 2.4.
    They aren't massive numbers so there's not really much that opposition defenders can snuff out. It's not like Salah taking 15+ shots a game so defenders can dedicate extra attention to him to reduce effectiveness.

Advertisement