Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Japan isn’t even listed here for where most cases occur.

in fairness if you read it through it is only that way as there has been a mass immunisation programme in Japan

so it is still there in rural areas but locals are unlikely to get it...but visitors can

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Riskymove wrote: »
    in fairness if you read it through it is only that way as there has been a mass immunisation programme in Japan

so it is still there in rural areas but locals are unlikely to get it...but visitors can

You have better odds of winning the lotto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

There's tickets available at all levels for all knock-out games now but when you go to add to basket of course there's none there.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

There's tickets available at all levels for all knock-out games now but when you go to add to basket of course there's none there.

Every category available for the final, tried for 1 ticket in each, and it says request exceeds availability. A little annoying. Has anyone had any luck? I wonder what the trick is...

Got an email and text from dHL, 3 batches of tickets due to arrive next Monday. I ordered them in the first public sale in January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Got an email and text from dHL, 3 batches of tickets due to arrive next Monday. I ordered them in the first public sale in January

Got mine in the front row ballot and they'll be here on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Petunia11

Has anyone received their tickets via DHL? I got an e-mail and text to say they would be delivered tomorrow however I received an e-mail this morning to say it would be today however they are still showing as been in Shannon. Also the county seems to be missing from my address, I checked my account on the rugby world cup site and that is correct so hopefully they arrive with no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Petunia11 wrote: »
    Has anyone received their tickets via DHL? I got an e-mail and text to say they would be delivered tomorrow however I received an e-mail this morning to say it would be today however they are still showing as been in Shannon. Also the county seems to be missing from my address, I checked my account on the rugby world cup site and that is correct so hopefully they arrive with no hassle

I got the text and email this morning to say delivery by 6pm today, still waiting and hoping they arrive today. Nothing received so far

Received mine today as scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

My 4 batches of tickets arrived together after 5pm. Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Anyone got a connecting flight through Hong Kong and is slightly worried at this stage that the place could be in full meltdown by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Anyone got a connecting flight through Hong Kong and is slightly worried at this stage that the place could be in full meltdown by then?

I'm booked home via HK with Cathay. But not til day after final. I reckon it will be grand and tbh, it's up to Cathay to re route that thang.

The missus though is flying out on October 16 with Cathay so could be caught in the "crossfire" as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I think connecting flights have been ok as protestors are all landside. So once you’re booked straight through to Japan it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Kevski wrote: »

I think connecting flights have been ok as protestors are all landside. So once you’re booked straight through to Japan it should be ok.

I'd be more worried about China invading than the protesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Not long after leaving Hong Kong and there wasn't much issues

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

I bought two Ireland packs last year and am now just going for the QF and Semi. I have two Cat D Ireland Packs and will sell them for face value (€420) Pm me for any details. Based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Has anyone received e-tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

CFC007 wrote: »
    Has anyone received e-tickets yet?

No. Website says early September

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RugBe

Anyone still waiting on their physical tickets? Have two batches...one ordered during FRONT ROW (last summer) and one during FCFS in January...havent received either of these. Anybody else with the same prob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

RugBe wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting on their physical tickets? Have two batches...one ordered during FRONT ROW (last summer) and one during FCFS in January...havent received either of these. Anybody else with the same prob?

You should have them by now... Unless you unbeknownst bought e-tickets

If you have purchased Bundle Tickets, ticket dispatch will take place between 24 July to 16 August.

If you have purchased individual tickets:

1)Tickets purchased before 31 March, 2019:
    Dispatch to take place between 24 July to 16 August.

2)Tickets purchased between 18 May to 30 June, 2019:
    Dispatch to take place between 15 August to 23 August.

3)Tickets purchased between 1 July to 24 July, 2019:
    Your tickets are currently being printed. We shall contact you at a later date regarding dispatch schedules.

You will receive a delivery notice email once your tickets are dispatched. Please contact the Ticketing Customer Centre if you have not received a delivery notice email 2 or 3 days after the final date of the applicable dispatch schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RugBe

Thx for the quick reply. Nope, I opted for printed tickets that were supposed to reach me by mail (just checked my account).

I guess that means I will have to spend some time making calls to the Ticketing Customer Cente....as none of my previous emails were replied to so far. Great....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Batgurl wrote: »
    No. Website says early September

Still no specific date I guess? Monday is 2nd so hopefully in the next 2 to 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Have tickets to QF4, assuming Ireland win the Group.

From past experience of world cups, how easy would it be to exchange them for tickets to QF2 if we end up coming second?

Saturday's performance is leaving me very pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Blisterman wrote: »
    Have tickets to QF4, assuming Ireland win the Group.

From past experience of world cups, how easy would it be to exchange them for tickets to QF2 if we end up coming second?

Saturday's performance is leaving me very pessimistic.

well the presumption is that other fans ..... in this case Scots I guess (but possibly SA/NZ) would be in similar boat and would be looking to resell/exchange out there

essentially there is 3 weeks between Japan game and QFs to organise something

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

We're in the same boat with QF4 and SF2 tickets too. Have always planned on swapping with fans from other countries if the group stages etc. don't go our way.

In any case, getting to attend any SF (if Ireland are in or not) will be a brilliant experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

We're in the same boat with QF4 and SF2 tickets too. Have always planned on swapping with fans from other countries if the group stages etc. don't go our way.

In any case, getting to attend any SF (if Ireland are in or not) will be a brilliant experience.

I had thought that myself. Reckon I'd be too gutted after a QF loss to go to the SF. Sure we shall see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Has anyone resold tickets using the official resale site?
    On the one hand it asks you to send your ticket to them in Japan at your own expense, but also says

"For any tickets successfully resold that are not returned to the Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticketing Centre , the refund process will be made within 16 days following the relevant match date."

Does that mean there's no need to actually send it to them? I'll get the money anyway after the match? I'd rather not have to queue at the post office and pay god knows how much it'd cost to send a registered letter to Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Riskymove wrote: »
    well the presumption is that other fans ..... in this case Scots I guess (but possibly SA/NZ) would be in similar boat and would be looking to resell/exchange out there

essentially there is 3 weeks between Japan game and QFs to organise something

I'm only travelling over for the QF but hoping a swap system could happen easily enough if it came to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sammy96

Hey,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm looking for two tickets to the Japan game, if anyone can be of assistance!

Thanks,

Sammy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Blisterman wrote: »
    Has anyone resold tickets using the official resale site?
    On the one hand it asks you to send your ticket to them in Japan at your own expense, but also says

"For any tickets successfully resold that are not returned to the Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticketing Centre , the refund process will be made within 16 days following the relevant match date."

Does that mean there's no need to actually send it to them? I'll get the money anyway after the match? I'd rather not have to queue at the post office and pay god knows how much it'd cost to send a registered letter to Japan.

+1 have 2 spare SF2 and trying to work out the best way to resell on site.

Advertisement