Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I’ve always had a account pre sale but it *should* let you add your ticket to the basket and then set up an account to check out. Online sales management has been really poor for this RWC though, so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I’m looking for a pair for the japan game if anyone has them

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Is anyone familiar with reselling tickets that you no longer need, through the official ticket site? Is it automatic that you can sell the ticket back or does it depend on demand?

Might pick up a second ticket for a mate who's on the fence about making the journey out to Shizuoka...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

fullerand wrote: »
    Is anyone familiar with reselling tickets that you no longer need, through the official ticket site? Is it automatic that you can sell the ticket back or does it depend on demand?

Might pick up a second ticket for a mate who's on the fence about making the journey out to Shizuoka...

You sell it when someone buys it, if you know what I mean.

Cheers. I just got through (waiting from 10am to 1.30pm) and bought 4 tickets (2 Cat-C for Ireland vs Japan, 2 Cat-D for Ireland vs Scotland). Showing up as "not available for resale" but maybe that will change later....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Got through there in the last half hour. 2 Cat A Japan v Ireland and 2 Cat C Australia v Wales

Both were coming up in mild availability.

Got through there in the last half hour. 2 Cat A Japan v Ireland and 2 Cat C Australia v Wales

Mine is still showing 38k ahead of me in the queue even though I was only 15k behind you starting off :confused:

shanagarry wrote: »
    Mine is still showing 38k ahead of me in the queue even though I was only 15k behind you starting off :confused:

I got lucky with my housemate joining the queue for me also and emailed me the queue link. He got in at 18k.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

Feck it anyway. Tried for the umpteenth time for tickets for the final but no joy. Still 17500 ahead of me and the final tickets are now showing as unavailable.

I hate that online booking system with a passion.

Looks like I'll have to take my chances on sorting something when I am in Japan, so

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

When I got through at 11 there were tickets available for every match ,every category .
    Its the same old story every tournament ,organisers holding back huge amounts of tickets to create hype and sell the hospitality/corporate crap.

• Advertisement

When I got through at 11 there were tickets available for every match ,every category .
    Its the same old story every tournament ,organisers holding back huge amounts of tickets to create hype and sell the hospitality/corporate crap.

Tbf, you were lucky to get in so quickly - I was on it as soon as it went live and almost 8 hours later I still have 28k ahead of me, so I’ll be picking up scraps at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

shanagarry wrote: »
    Tbf, you were lucky to get in so quickly - I was on it as soon as it went live and almost 8 hours later I still have 28k ahead of me, so I’ll be picking up scraps at best.

Check your PM

• Registered Users Posts: 40 monkel107

Just got in and attached is screenshot of Ireland tickets left. The website is still dodgy regarding availability as the Cat C Japan v Ireland tickets were showing as available but said availability less than selected even at 1 ticket. Managed to get Cat B. Hopefully ye can all get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

Just got in but no tickets available that suit.

I can send on my link for anyone who wants it- if it can be used

PM if you need it

Got in and got broadly what I wanted, happy days! Now I need to resell the horrendously expensive SF2 Cat A that I had asap.

My second window will probably open in c. an hour so PM if anyone wants that link.

Japan vs Ireland now completely sold out across all categories! The first game to sell out after the final.

Ireland vs Scotland nearly sold out too - only Cat A tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 aahern

Have four Cat C tickets to SF2 and looking to sell at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Japan vs Ireland now completely sold out across all categories! The first game to sell out after the final.

Thought some of the other Japan games would be sold out by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

QF2 is also sold out and has been for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pwUCD15

I’ve got three Ireland Team packs for the group stages, that unfortunately we cannot attend. Category B, all seats together. Selling face value to make sure a real fan gets to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 stotheototheb

Hello, would be interested in japan and russia games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pwUCD15

Hi, unfortunately the team packs aren't separate tickets for each game but a single pass for the four pool games.

Where are people staying for the Japan v Ireland game?

I’m currently looking at Fukuroi or is there better recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ink Arcade

Selling 3x team tickets for Ireland's 4 group games in the RWC in Japan in September 2019. The tickets are a group team pack ticket that is for all 4 games and cannot be sold separately. Each ticket comes as a lanyard

3x tickets for:
    IRELAND vs SCOTLAND
    IRELAND vs JAPAN
    IRELAND vs RUSSIA
    IRELAND vs SAMOA

Category D seats. Behind the goalposts for most games.

I will be sitting in the 2 seats beside these tickets at each of the games, so I can help ease any concerns with entry to the games. All 3 tickets are in my name

Selling for face value (incl. booking and delivery fees). c.€50 per game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Hadn't thought about anything like this until I saw it on the front page of Sky News this morning!!

https://news.sky.com/story/rugby-fans-heading-to-japan-for-world-cup-warned-about-deadly-brain-infection-11784394

Slightly concerning but surely no need to worry about it if you are only going for 2-3 weeks and mainly staying in cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

You can get advice here:

http://www.travelhealth.ie/Countries/Japan.php

Nothing essential for entry
    Only Tetanus recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

The shot is €310 in the tropical medical bureau. Hard to justify that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

troyzer wrote: »
    The shot is €310 in the tropical medical bureau. Hard to justify that to be honest.

110 per shot - so 220 in the link above

but maybe a consultation fee too..so similar enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

troyzer wrote: »

Health is wealth and all that. But yeah have to balance it up. If travelling to cities it should be grand. I'm sure there's cheaper anti mosquito products too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Hadn't thought about anything like this until I saw it on the front page of Sky News this morning!!

https://news.sky.com/story/rugby-fans-heading-to-japan-for-world-cup-warned-about-deadly-brain-infection-11784394

Slightly concerning but surely no need to worry about it if you are only going for 2-3 weeks and mainly staying in cities.

You can’t beat a bit of freaking out when it comes to illness. Japan isn’t even listed here for where most cases occur.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/japanese-encephalitis/causes/

If you are actually worried about it then just put on some insect repellant and long sleeve clothing, insect repellant costs a fiver and save yourself a vaccine which comes with their own risks anyway.

Advertisement