Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I preorderd too. Its still "Packing". I've sent them a note to cancel the order.
    Fcuk that. Straight into hmv

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Solway Firth is so good. I'm going with best track since the Iowa album.

I'm still listening and it's a ****ing solid album, it opens and closes really strong. A little too experimental in some parts and as I said if they kept "all out life" in there in the middle it would have been far better. Orphan is the pick of the bunch in the middle of the album.

I feel they got it right this time, a great mix of melodic singing with some brutal heaviness.

There's a new sound to Corey's scream like all the years of vocal damage, it's more raw than previous albums. Not Iowa good but the best in years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I think the album is ok now, the other day I hated the song Spiders and now it is stuck in my head, it is funny how the mind works.

It still is nothing compared to the 1999 and 2004 albums.

I think the album is ok now, the other day I hated the song Spiders and now it is stuck in my head, it is funny how the mind works.

It still is nothing compared to the 1999 and 2004 albums.

Obviously, there isn't a band out there that can replicate the level of their early work. Actually maybe Judas Priests last album came close.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

rob316 wrote: »
    Obviously, there isn't a band out there that can replicate the level of their early work. Actually maybe Judas Priests last album came close.

That depends on the person, many people would prefer new Slipknot to old Slipknot, many people prefer new Trivium, I've even read people who preferred new Linkin Park to 2000 Linkin park, old albums would have higher sales but that doesn't mean they were better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Album has scored #1 spot in both the Irish and UK charts knocking Red Sheeran off top spot :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Album has scored #1 spot in both the Irish and UK charts knocking Red Sheeran off top spot :cool:

So are you suggesting we start a petition to have Slipknot for the Christmas number one spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PsychoPete wrote: »
    So are you suggesting we start a petition to have Slipknot for the Christmas number one spot?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I find Spiders infectious.
    It's bad when you're wandering round lidl humming "spiders coming side by side"

Biggest misheard lyric is Nero forte:

"A home like yours is upside down"
    What I hear is "I like @rses upside down"
    And
    "A hope like yours won't help me now"
    What I hear Is "I like @rse holes help me now"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Anymore info on when their 3 Arena show is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Panthro wrote: »
    I find Spiders infectious.
    It's bad when you're wandering round lidl humming "spiders coming side by side"

Biggest misheard lyric is Nero forte:

"A home like yours is upside down"
    What I hear is "I like @rses upside down"
    And
    "A hope like yours won't help me now"
    What I hear Is "I like @rse holes help me now"

:pac::pac:

I heard the lyrics to stinkfist wrong for years

What Maynard sang:

Something kinda sad about
    The way that things have come to be
    Desensitized to everything

What I heard

Something kinda sad about
    The way that things have come to be
    The Simpsons taught you everything

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was a little underwhelmed on my initial listen after everything I read but really growing on me the more I listen to it, and have found myself humming bits and pieces in the office throughout the week. Birth of the Cruel is the stand out track so far, but it sounds like a Korn song ft Corey Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Any guesses on who the support might be for the gig here? Wouldn’t be big into slipknot so would need someone else to push me to buy a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Any guesses on who the support might be for the gig here? Wouldn’t be big into slipknot so would need someone else to push me to buy a ticket.

They had Volbeat, Behemoth and Gojira with them this year so I'd assume bands a long those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

s8n wrote: »
    Anymore info on when their 3 Arena show is ?

Tuesday 14th January in 3Arena

Tickets on sale Friday the 30th

https://www.overdrive.ie/slipknot-announce-ireland-uk-dates-with-behemoth-for-support/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Crap day of the week for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,443 ✭✭✭✭klose

That schedule they have is insane, nearly 30 shows in a 5-6 week slot! Behemoth supporting them, first stop is dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Three presale codes are available anyways to purchase tickets on Tuesday

klose wrote: »
    That schedule they have is insane, nearly 30 shows in a 5-6 week slot! Behemoth supporting them, first stop is dublin!

whats that old saying, time is money!

Metallica do that in about a year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

New Slipknot fan here. Made myself listen to their backlog over the past month. What put me off this long was firstly the masks ( i find them completely unnecessary and kinda silly) and the Nu metal label they have.
    Cant say im a fan of the harmonies they seem intent on interuppting the metal with, particularly on the new album but i can over look it to get to the crunching metal they're so good at.
    A friend of mine says they should let the metal guys drive and give the backstreet boys in the band the boot, which is probably a bit harsh but i can see his point.
    Delighted they are touring and ill definitely be picking up a ticket for their Dublin show and 1 other, probably Hamburg.
    Im sure they'll tear the fvcking roof off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

weiland79 wrote: »
    New Slipknot fan here. Made myself listen to their backlog over the past month. What put me off this long was firstly the masks ( i find them completely unnecessary and kinda silly) and the Nu metal label they have.
    Cant say im a fan of the harmonies they seem intent on interuppting the metal with, particularly on the new album but i can over look it to get to the crunching metal they're so good at.
    A friend of mine says they should let the metal guys drive and give the backstreet boys in the band the boot, which is probably a bit harsh but i can see his point.
    Delighted they are touring and ill definitely be picking up a ticket for their Dublin show and 1 other, probably Hamburg.
    Im sure they'll tear the fvcking roof off.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Not everyone likes the constant shouting style vocals. I'm one of them and I think the harmonies on WANYK are superb. My favourite is on Nero Forte along with Unsainted, Liar's Funeral and the beginning of Birth of the Cruel.

Such a superb album and miles ahead of anything they've released in a long time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Riveting

Not everyone likes the constant shouting style lyrics. I'm one of them and I think the harmonies on WANYK are superb. My favourite is on Nero Forte along with Unsainted, Liar's Funeral and the beginning of Birth of the Cruel.

Such a superb album and miles ahead of anything they've released in a long time.

Of course everyone doesn't like that type of vocal, I don't think I suggested that they should. I happen to prefer it and I think they are excellent when they are doing just that.

I think the new album is pretty fvcking great too and have had it on repeat since it's release. Only to be dis;lodged this week by Tool.

klose wrote: »
    Giving it a whirl at the moment on Spotify so gonna see what I think after a few listens.

Did anybody pre order to get the early access to their own pre sale for the dublin gig? I did, was not delivered yet I'd have thoight it would be here by now.

Finally delivered today, some preorder system they have, shipping the day it releases as opposed to shipping it for delivery for the day it releases :rolleyes:

Anyways, have me pre sale code for tomorrow so hopefully I'll pick up a couple standing tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

If anyone has a presale code they will not be using, I am interested..

Yes standing tickets got, over 7 quids worth of a service charge though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Standing charge is scandalous but not surprised.

Two standing tickets got also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

spending the morning refreshing for good seated tickets...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

mloc123 wrote: »
    spending the morning refreshing for good seated tickets...

You won't get good seats in the presale. They get rid of the nosebleeds first.

Advertisement