Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

You won't get good seats in the presale. They get rid of the nosebleeds first.

Yeah, gonna keep checking all week... was the same for Slayer. I waited a few days and ended up getting front row

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I got 4 seated in block A looks OK from the seating plan. 80fcukin snots though.
    Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone have an album pre sale or fanclub pre sale code available?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »
    Yeah, gonna keep checking all week... was the same for Slayer. I waited a few days and ended up getting front row

Got front row seats this morning after a bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm looking on tm but I don't see any standing. Are they gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

rob316 wrote: »

I'd imagine so. A lot would have gone in the pre-sales. They will probably release more closer to the gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Been gone since noon the day they went on general sale.

Been gone since noon the day they went on general sale.

****e. I'm sure I'll pick one up somewhere closer to the date

• Site Banned Posts: 41 thesiegeof

This sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭klose

thesiegeof wrote: »
    This sold out?

Standing seems to be but plenty of other tickets, Tuesday night hardly will help the ticket sales?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 41 thesiegeof

klose wrote: »
    Standing seems to be but plenty of other tickets, Tuesday night hardly will help the ticket sales?

You'd think not. I was going to hold out, surprised if it's sold out.

New album went to number 1 in regular charts so won't be a surprise if it does sell out.

Wooo! Not long to go.
    I can't wait!

Buzzing for it, never seen them before live and I'm probably listening to them on and off 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Buzzing for it, never seen them before live and I'm probably listening to them on and off 20 years

Can't wait for it now myself. Some great songs on the new album I'm really looking forward to hearing live. They were top class a few years ago in the 3 arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Really looking forward to this and fully expect to be blown away.
    Behemoth are pretty fvcking good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Jofspring wrote: »
    Can't wait for it now myself. Some great songs on the new album I'm really looking forward to hearing live. They were top class a few years ago in the 3 arena.
    Four years to the day. What a night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm going to see them in Luxembourg in two weeks and the Knotfest in Milton Keyes just caught my attention this morning.

Has anyone been to a Knotfest? Whats the deal with it, is it like a one day festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Four years to the day. What a night

5 years amazingly . Only feels like the other day

In route to Dublin now for tonight's show. Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

PTH2009 wrote: »
    5 years amazingly . Only feels like the other day

In route to Dublin now for tonight's show. Cant wait

Oops, apparently it's not 2019 anymore.

Gig was good, set was very good too.
    Surprised to see New Abortion chucked in, and delighted they played All Out Life.
    But, that's probably the tamest I've ever seen corey. He's usually great for engaging the audience and getting the crowd going.

Also Sid was brilliant, he's like a one man show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭ mightyreds

Great gig disappointed spit it out wasn't played , was great in 2015 but i was seated for that gig

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Anyone buy tickets for knotfest yet, barcode is not displaying on the moblie tickets. Anyone else have this issue, tried ringing ticket master uk but is a nightmare to get them on the phone

Great little hour documentary and live recordings on BBC4 at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

The full Download 2019 show was uploaded on YouTube tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

A load of us bouncing on the bed in my cousin's house on my communion day listening to Spit it Out and Wait and Bleed and trashing the place is one of my finest childhood memories. I saw them in Dublin three years ago and it was absolute carnage, class stuff.
    frag420 wrote: »
    Like others hear I first heard them on a MetalHammer cd. Really loved the sound then and was lucky enough to see them live and meet them in 1999 at a gig just outside Boston in the US. An amazing show and they were so sound too.

Still give them an ould turn on the em pee tree playa!

frAg

Those CDs were unreal. Ripping the CD to your computer and deciding which one other album you'd leave on the mp3 because the storage was so tiny, haha. I remember when the old iPod came out first and my mind was blown "it comes in GIGABYTES?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If anyone didn't see it on BBC

OK so not strictly speaking Slipknot.
    But lads, we need to talk about Corey.

I'm not sure if he's gone full whack midlife crisis on this or fancies a bit of WWE walk in tunage but all I can say is... Jayyyyysus

(in saying that, few cans into me I'm sure I'll be shouting "CMFT must be stopped!" )

Slipknot related.
    They're streaming Disasterpieces tonight from 10pm according to the twitsasphere

Yeah, his solo stuff he's bringing out is looking to be a big no from me, I wonder will it do well? I certainly wouldn't begrudge him pursuing something different but he has a lot going with that aswell as slipknot and stone sour.

I'd certainly like to see one of his acoustic gigs while on topic of Corey.

https://youtu.be/uetFO7y8WPA

Also watching the disasterpieces stream, how the hell did mick thompsons head not just separate from his shoulders? Man headbanged like a demon back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Slipknot touring Europe in July/August next year. No UK or Ireland dates announced but hopefully they will come!

Advertisement