Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

Alpina Flyback with manufacturer calibre

1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The Timex Marlin really is a great looking watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

beautiful piece pal

Alpina Flyback with manufacturer calibre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Left my employers of 18 years yesterday to take up a new challenge. Surprised me with a leaving gift. Hamilton Khaki field auto 40mm. Its the brown dial nod to a vintage military style.

I've seen this on a dark brown alligator and it looks class as a smart watch under a shirt in work.

20190820-154846.jpg
    20190820-154738.jpg
    20190820-150924.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Vostok Amphibia SE from Meranom.com today.

488749.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Left my employers of 18 years yesterday to take up a new challenge. Surprised me with a leaving gift. Hamilton Khaki field auto 40mm. Its the brown dial nod to a vintage military style.

I've seen this on a dark brown alligator and it looks class as a smart watch under a shirt in work.

I went into the watch shop in Schipol airport last year to buy a Visodate. Came out with one of these.

Such a versatile watch, mine is on tan leather and looks good with a suit, casual wear, as a field watch, pretty much works with everything.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

My collection as it stands

1G2ZHjV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

punk_one82 wrote: »

Love that Speedy. [Sigh]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

punk_one82 wrote: »

That to my eyes is a near perfect 3-watch collection, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Love that Speedy. [Sigh]

Its the Explorer2 that catches my eye ;)

The only of rollies current SS/Tool lineup that I actually want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

banie01 wrote: »
    Its the Explorer2 that catches my eye ;)

The only of rollies current SS/Tool lineup that I actually want.

only its not in their current line up, not that version anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭ Julian Nice Tattoo

Not a fan of the bezel on that Oris or the colour. The others, yes big win...the oris...out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

All blue everything

IMG-20190823-140255.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

eljono wrote: »
    That to my eyes is a near perfect 3-watch collection, very nice.

Have to agree...but its the perfect 2 watch collection, Speedy and Rolex..

Am 50% there...Just need the Rolex.

And a a third..My Jade Sumo

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Darwin

Decided to go a bit Orange and a bit retro this time:

hZqXKI7.jpg

Oris have a had a few interesting limited edition runs of the Divers 65, this one caught my eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Darwin wrote: »
    Decided to go a bit Orange and a bit retro

Oris have a had a few interesting limited edition runs of the Divers 65, this one caught my eye!

Very nice

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Just sharing a quick look of one of the cheapo NATO straps I picked up from Amazon the other day.
    The Bond is IMO lovely on this watch!
    I'm still not supposed to have it ;)
    Let alone know where the Mrs has it stashed, but she's away so I thought I deserved some pre-bday wrist time...

I did promise a review of the strap on the wrist after all.
    Strap is comfortable enough, no real complaint on that front.
    The location of the fixed loop makes the buckle side strap just a tad short IMO but doesn't affect the comfort at all.

At €12.50 for an assortment of 4 straps delivered, I can't really complain at all.

I think I'll wear it til tmrw and hide it away before the boss returns :P

488986.jpg

Thought I'd share a Lume shot of the Breitling.
    I've been lucky enough to get away with having it on the wrist for a couple of days :D
    I bloody love it!
    It's my 1st auto, and it was for me at least quite an indulgent pick that I'm lucky my Mrs decided to front for me cost wise.

It really has sparked an itch for more tho.
    In the middle of a negotiation for Sinn U2 and tbh if I'd been able to get waitlisted for the recent Sinn 155 blackstar re-release I'd have scrapped together the shekels somehow.
    But as it stands, by the time November swings round.
    My trio will be the Breitling, a tegimented bezel Sinn U2 and my trusty titanium Promaster.

Straps will likely be where I spend any other money I have spare in the near future but I suppose I can hand on heart say the watch bug is bloody contagious...
    The slip to watch madness really became apparent when I started justifying the cost to myself and totally started agreeing with myself! :pac:

489091.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Daemonic wrote: »
    Wibbs wrote: »

That said if you search ebay for "pilots watch" you can find any number of quartz based "homages" for a couple of hundred quid or less. Here's a mechanical Russian made one for 400 quid.

If this model does take anyones fancy, that one is well over-priced. They can be had for €200'ish with a bit of searching. They were closer to €120 about 3 or 4 years ago.
    They have a Poljot 3133 movement inside. Hand wind only but very accurate and up to 60 hours on a single wind.
    Here's one for €150 with the option to Buy Now or be cheeky and make an offer.

I've been a little cheeky, fingers crossed! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

My current watches including the recent tag purchase.

Don't know what it is about it but love my Jorg Gray watch

489275.jpg

Well my offer expired with no reply, I didn't think it was that cheeky.
    Will keep an eye on it but the deal for the U2 I've been chasing looks like it will be done this weekend so it's not a bad thing if I don't get a bid accepted as cash is now a little tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Pm me your offer, I'll offer €40 less than yours, wait a day, then resubmit your offer.

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Pm me your offer, I'll offer €40 less than yours, wait a day, then resubmit your offer.

I'm taking it as a sign not to spend anymore money TBH ;)
    If another watch appears mysteriously, my Mrs may well kill me :pac:

Thanks for the offer tho ;)

Well my offer expired with no reply, I didn't think it was that cheeky.
    Will keep an eye on it but the deal for the U2 I've been chasing looks like it will be done this weekend so it's not a bad thing if I don't get a bid accepted as cash is now a little tight.
    B-D-P-- wrote: »
    I'm taking it as a sign not to spend anymore money TBH ;)
    If another watch appears mysteriously, my Mrs may well kill me :pac:

Thanks for the offer tho ;)
    €150 is a bit of a bargain already if it's running well. Just spotted another one on ebay today at €275.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

€150 is a bit of a bargain already if it's running well. Just spotted another one on ebay today at €275.

Im afraid, i just said feck it and hit the buy it now button.:rolleyes:. Pics next week when i get it. Will have look at a starp to put straight on it as i see some nice examples on chrono 24 with grey straps etc, green nato etc.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Im afraid, i just said feck it and hit the buy it now button.:rolleyes:. Pics next week when i get it. Will have look at a starp to put straight on it as i see some nice examples on chrono 24 with grey straps etc, green nato etc.

Enjoy it!
    I got the notification it had sold and after I cursed the Bollox who got it ;)
    I really did hope it was someone from here who pulled the trigger :)

Enjoy it, and honestly great bargain!

PS:

I have a green NATO 22mm doing absolutely nothing here if you want it?
    PM your address and I'll post it up to you ;)

aidankkk wrote: »

Well done, it's a great watch. It's a 20mm strap if you're looking to but one.

I have a green NATO 22mm doing absolutely nothing here if you want it?
    PM your address and I'll post it up to you ;)
    Well done, it's a great watch. It's a 20mm strap if you're looking to but one.

Well as that Green NATO is no use to Aidan, I'll leave it to anyone else who wants it?
    I also have a Tricolour Red/White/Blue 22mm NATO that is looking for a home.
    Neither are anything fancy, but both serviceable and comfortable brand new and never used.

I'm not likely to use either on any of my current watches and sure someone else might :)

So if anyone does want one, 1st to post with their colour pref gets the strap.
    Then drop me a PM and I'll arrange post.

Better someone gets some use from them rather than they hide away in my watch box forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Well as that Green NATO is no use to Aidan, I'll leave it to anyone else who wants it?
    I also have a Tricolour Red/White/Blue 22mm NATO that is looking for a home.
    Neither are anything fancy, but both serviceable and comfortable brand new and never used.

I'm not likely to use either on any of my current watches and sure someone else might :)

So if anyone does want one, 1st to post with their colour pref gets the strap.
    Then drop me a PM and I'll arrange post.

Better someone gets some use from them rather than they hide away in my watch box forever.
    You could always use the straps as an excuse to buy another watch

#Wibbs would

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement