Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Does anyone know this place? Treacys Oakwood Hotel Shannon, looking at options for next week and I'm quite amazed that Shannon is an option, last time that I stayed there was in a tent at the end of the runway after cycling from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

The depreshun is kicking my arse, usually i like the routine of work but not today. Today i want an enormous duvet in a dark quiet room..

Sending you a honeybear hug!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The depreshun is kicking my arse, usually i like the routine of work but not today. Today i want an enormous duvet in a dark quiet room..

Honestly Grem, I don't want to sound like an arsehole, but I felt similar last night. Didn't even bother posting. I kept going when I got up today, like you. For me personally tonight I only had to deal with a homecoming moanfest, most of which I had heard on the phone already. Mrs G suffers from depression that has been added too since her stroke a couple of years ago. I've a pre-teen daughter with all the problems that go with that, who has to come to terms with her Mum as well. Sometimes, I'm overwhelmed. Like you the routine of work keeps me afloat, so all I can say to you is try to keep afloat. I've often been awake at all hours reading your middle of the night posts here and your other thread and wanted to vent like fook to you and others, but that wouldn't be appropriate.:D

I did a funny purchase on the way home today, but I'll post details later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

smurfjed wrote: »
    Does anyone know this place? Treacys Oakwood Hotel Shannon, looking at options for next week and I'm quite amazed that Shannon is an option, last time that I stayed there was in a tent at the end of the runway after cycling from Dublin.

Decent enough spot. Very friendly staff and good food.

Heading out for a smoke. Probably drank too much, but what the heck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »

Used it a lot in the ...................... 90's :eek:

Was newish and therefore no sticky carpets back then

Recollection is that it was preferred over The Clare Inn and Fitzpatricks in Bunratty ... are they both gone now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Pupper on his way grems...

20171214d.gif

Away working for a few days folks. On my travels I made a purchase in the hope that we could all have some fun with it. I felt so retro.:eek: Little G was just spaced out that the focus was actually real and in front of her. Mrs G. got a bit dizzy. All this from a cheapo racing game, based on my childhood fave, Scaeletrix. (wrong spelling I'm sure) Silly crap I know, but it was a bit of craic to cheer them up as much as possible.:D

Racing Kit.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Away working for a few days folks. On my travels I made a purchase in the hope that we could all have some fun with it. I felt so retro.:eek: Little G was just spaced out that the focus was actually real and in front of her. Mrs G. got a bit dizzy. All this from a cheapo racing game, based on my childhood fave, Scaeletrix. (wrong spelling I'm sure) Silly crap I know, but it was a bit of craic to cheer them up as much as possible.:D

Racing Kit.jpg

omg serious childhood memories!!! i loved those

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »

Racing Kit.jpg

Love it G !
    Fun family time together , enjoy , no matter who wins the races :D

0lddog wrote: »
    Used it a lot in the ...................... 90's :eek:

Was newish and therefore no sticky carpets back then

Recollection is that it was preferred over The Clare Inn and Fitzpatricks in Bunratty ... are they both gone now ?

Shannon Shamrock is derelict. The Clare Inn is now the Inn at Dromoland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh that race track thing. Wanted one so bad when i was a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

I'm now Couchside watching a movie :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What's the movie? I'm off to make more tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Tamara tamara

I don't know where I'm going or where I am. Is that a separate thread?

What's the movie? I'm off to make more tea.

Don’t have a movie Grem but Gameface is very funny

Oh i've watched that with herelf. Roisin Conaty is great. Going to try peaky blinders next when i get a chance..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside having a wolf beer.

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,088 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Deskside having a wolf beer.

*hugs*
    Are you shackled to that desk, Mr.Seph?

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are you shackled to that desk, Mr.Seph?

No I'm bedside now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

No I'm bedside now :pac:

Watch out for lizard people :eek:

• Advertisement

I remain deskside, i'll mind the house

I'll make you a cuppa Grem , seeing as they've left you in charge without even offering you refreshments :)

Forgot , watching The West on Netflix .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,088 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I just finished the book the myself and Autosport were chatting about before so I'm heading into bed, knowing who the killer was and where the bodies lay.

To thine own self be true

Too kind Mam :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, watching a film :)

Too kind Mam :)

Nah , just keeping in your good books so that Italy stays on the agenda ;)

Italy is totally on the agenda, now to find a winning lottery ticket :confused:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Forgot , watching The West on Netflix .

D'ya mean Robert Redford's "The West" Mam of 4 ? The Crazy Horse --> Wyatt Earp one? Have less and less time for TV/Netflix series these days, but this looks really good...

• Advertisement

Time for bed. Night! Night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement