Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Martin125

Who do you contact, to get a re check?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cornflakes132

Hey all congrats to everyone who got 161+

I got placed at 550 for stage two, do you think I will still get an interview?

If so when do you think it could be?

Thanks

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

I guess it’s about that time to set up a thread for stage 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Thanks

I wouldn’t see why not! It’ll just take longer to be called!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Thanks

They said during my stage 2 that everyone would be called that passed.

Ahh cool that’s something I suppose, I hate waiting tho lol, like us all

Anyone here who has previously been offered an interview that didn’t make the first group of interviews, how long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 AshleyOH

Hey guys, is there any more detail on the 4 competencies for the interview? I know we’ll get a pack but just to be preparing while I’m waiting! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

I spoke with a member of staff from PAS today and she said that the second batch will be called for interview in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Anyone got the e-mail to contact PAS in the Garda trainee section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

I spoke with a member of staff from PAS today and she said that the second batch will be called for interview in September.

Will 161 people be called for the second batch do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

AD07 wrote: »
    Will 161 people be called for the second batch do you know?

I'm on holidays the middle of September and was placed 430 so hoping this doesn't clash, but if their taking 161 at a time that would make me the 3rd batch so I'd imagine that would mean i'd be called in October? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

SquireD wrote: »
    I'm on holidays the middle of September and was placed 430 so hoping this doesn't clash, but if their taking 161 at a time that would make me the 3rd batch so I'd imagine that would mean i'd be called in October? :confused:

From looking at previous recruitments, they seem to be fairly back to back - this first batch is starting on the 19th and running until the 29th, I'd say the next batch will start in early September and third in mid-late September!

Only a guess but seems to have happened that way last year

Hi guys good morning.
    For anyone in the 2000’s mark and still waiting to sit stage 2 , I was told by PAS that it won’t be till October.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dude23

Hey I did stage 2, 2weeks ago anyone any idea when the results will be out for it.

dude23 wrote: »
    Hey I did stage 2, 2weeks ago anyone any idea when the results will be out for it.

Usually 3-4 weeks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 49 AshleyOH

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Usually 3-4 weeks mate

Guys does anyone know how strict they are on bmi for the medical? Ahead of myself I know but just wanna check!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

AshleyOH wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know how strict they are on bmi for the medical? Ahead of myself I know but just wanna check!

I may not be fully accurate here in what I'm saying but I think they would send someone for further testing if they had a higher BMI than the parameters they specified. BMI isnt a truly accurate test though it doesn't differentiate between muscle weight and actual body fat or take into account someone's build/frame. There is other tests that would measure your waist circumference, waist to hip ratio and actual body fat. They could ask you do to a STEP test too to assess your fitness. If you will be sitting stage 3 soon it's a good time now to make small dietary changes and get exercise routine. Try not to worry about the BMI though your fitness is more important and everything will fall together stage 4 is still a good while away yet. I'm sure they have the parameters listed on the documentation. I hope that helps you with your question but try not to worry about it too much nothing wrong with being curious though!

I'm not a medical professional

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

When are the results for the second batch of the second stage out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

AshleyOH wrote: »

Someone told me they were given 12 weeks to come back with bmi down after the medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Jamie13 wrote: »
    When are the results for the second batch of the second stage out?

The end of August I think they said when I did mine

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Gone very quiet on here considering 2 weeks of interviews have been done. How did those who went feel about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

revenent wrote: »
    Gone very quiet on here considering 2 weeks of interviews have been done. How did those who went feel about it?

Interviews only started yesterday, no? Also, there's another thread for stage 3

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Any chance anyone who sat stage two on 31st of July know when the results are coming out?
    I know they said end of August but if anyone knows anything more specific that would be great, would save me from checking my email every 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

Same I done mine on 24th and was told mid August so I haven’t a clue when

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Eire_1600

I done mine on the 30th and am still awaiting results. I doubt it will be this week, I’d say more than likely it will be early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Results are out I just got mine now passed and onto stage 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sp1234

I passed too but 524 do you think they'll go that high with the interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LuimneachLad15

Just got results for Stage 2 there. Thankfully passed them ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Ah here now I wish I never asked when the results are out.

Passed but I'm 600th, doubt that I'll see the interview room.

Advertisement