Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Forestry Funds Sale

Options
  • 21-08-2019 6:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Cheques were posted last Friday. The company has not issued any press release with return on investment. They state they sold prematurely due to good price. Shareholders had no say in this sale. I think public meeting is needed to discuss. Let’s wait to see return first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

There was a multi page thread on this in the Forestry section with people starting to plan a response and it seems to have been removed. I can't see why as there was nothing improper in it.

Anyway, yes it looks like the returns will be terrible and some sort of response from the shareholders is appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Davo222

So much for democracy, where are these substantial returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

Cheque arrived in post this morning. A measly € 1,313.11. What a farce :-( !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Just joined

FishHook wrote: »

Which fund fish hook?

Substantial returns, lol, hope the newspapers will follow up on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Robodoc

Was that for a single share, and in which fund?
    There were 26 pages in “third Irish Forestry fund”, all gone this morning, someone high up must have known what the reaction would be and got it removed.

Single share. Third Irish Forestry Fund.

By lodging the cheque, does it mean that you have accepted the amount ? Or should I hold on to it to see what if anything develops ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭Tow

So much for rhe agricultural land alone increasing in value by * 5 in the last 21 years. Someone is making a lot of money.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I see that Irish Forestry Fund have a facebook page, untouched for years but still up, there website seems to be down this morning, i think their fb page needs a few messages to brighten up their day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Hatters

Can’t believe that extensive thread was removed. What was the reason and by whom?

I will lodge mine, but write out my concerns point by point on the back of the cheque. There is a always a possibility of it bouncing etc..

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tomgilboy

Boards.ie have a duty to its users to explain their actions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 paris24

Where on earth has that thread gone, why would someone remove it?
    Anyone want to call into Paul office this morning demanding answers?!

By lodging the cheque, does it mean that you have accepted the amount ? Or should I hold on to it to see what if anything develops ?

Personally I think I would lodge it as it represents some pathetic return, lodging does not mean that you are satisfied with the return, it is hard to know whether legal action would achieve anything and by the time legal action came around anyway the cheque would be worthless.

Probably find Paul is on a beach in the Caribbean. And my post will disappear in a few moments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anne Smyth

Not at all happy with the return, so much for an excellent return for share holders 😡

Absolute snakes so they are

As regards the deleted posts, if you hit search in boards and enter Third Irish Forestry Fund, you come to options to query why the board is missing, I’ve questioned was it removed because of pressure from IFF, maybe others should do the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 nerine

And we live in a democracy! I have shares in several of the later growth plans so will see what those cheques look like later when postman arrives. I think it would be good at least to highlight this matter for future possible investors otherwise the casual reader and/or investor are left with the impression that this was a great investment

Robodoc wrote: »
    As regards the deleted posts, if you hit search in boards and enter Third Irish Forestry Fund, you come to options to query why the board is missing, I’ve questioned was it removed because of pressure from IFF, maybe others should do the same

I can’t find that , where to query the removal?

Propaganda! This is why the newspapers should report on the outcome as they were quick to praise the fund creating the illusion that investors were doing great.we need balanced reporting.

paris24 wrote: »
    I can’t find that , where to query the removal?

Go to the search bar at the top of the page, enter “ third irish forestry fund”, press the magnifying glass, should pull up options to query why the thread is missing

Energy would be better spent in writing to the various regulators, detailing various concerns.

1. Company directors not acting in the best interest of the shareholders.

2. Conflict of interest in the directors company(s) is getting the ongoing job of managing the forest.

3. Excess audit costs etc.

4. Giving shot term reasons for selling early. Reasons which may actually act in our favor:
    Brexit - Ireland maybe able to supply into UK via the 'backstop', while other countries cannot.
    Trees cut early in Europe due to disease, causing glut in market. Irish trees not affected and trees not due to be felled for another 10 years. In 10 years this is lightly to cause a lack of supply in Europe.

5. Fund cashed in 10 year premature. Trees only reach full value after ~30 years.

6. Increase in land value not taken into account. Our money (shareholders) funds were used to buy the land. Government grants paid for the planting and some of the management costs.

7. Irish investment and very large areas of land sold to foreign vulture fund.

Robodoc wrote: »
    Go to the search bar at the top of the page, enter “ third irish forestry fund”, press the magnifying glass, should pull up options to query why the thread is missing

Sorry, cannot find that link now, that’s how I remember doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spain Calling

Go to Contact US at the bottom of their web page.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭antietam1

nerine wrote: »
    And we live in a democracy! I have shares in several of the later growth plans so will see what those cheques look like later when postman arrives. I think it would be good at least to highlight this matter for future possible investors otherwise the casual reader and/or investor are left with the impression that this was a great investment

They seem to be now looking for investors with a 100k or more, I started that thread and thought it was harmless enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tomgilboy

1058 euros for a single (750 euro) share in the 7th. (Scam Scheme) investment plan.

Yes it smells to high heaven .. and has been churned to death on the now 'removed' thread ...which is very odd given that it happened the day the cheques finally arrived ..not before !

Does AXA have any connection with Boards.ie ? ..do they sponsor or advertise on it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭John C 1981

I got cheques today in respect of my shares in the Third, Fourth and Fifth funds but nothing for the Sixth. Anyone receive anything for their shares in the sixth fund?

Advertisement