Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

talk to> boards.ie> help & feedback

should be something in there for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

sKeith wrote: »

sk you do whatever you want bud.

I'm actually out now. not arsed with this plop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tusk wrote: »
    i'm fine irl. thanks for the concern

I just spent an hour reading a bunch of plop. came back with some reads. did an ffa. did a requested iso. got called out by multiple people faster than i could respond and got pissed off.

I don't want to come into a game spending time doing research and then get barraged with crap straight off the bat when i'm trying to help. obviously my help isn't useful so i'm not bothered.

glad your fine irl

don't take us gobsh!tes too seriously mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

around competition #1, where people had to thank posts, i just noticed ectoplasm and choc chip thanks everywhere, and i siad to myself, they'd make great converts, as they are not trying to upset anyone, by not not like their #courtjesters.

That's as good a reason as any I guess. It's 100% not me. I wasn't trying not to upset anyone though I was trying to win a prize myself :pac: A catch more thanks with thanks strategy essentially, which kind of worked as I was in the running for the prizes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't want to come into a game spending time doing research and then get barraged with crap straight off the bat when i'm trying to help. obviously my help isn't useful so i'm not bothered.

But....that's kind of the game.

No one knows for sure if you're good or bad, so will poke at your "research" in a bid to see if it holds up or not.

If you're good, other goods don't know and need to test you.
    If you're good, bads will try to pick you apart.
    If you're bad, then of course others will poke holes in your stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Nope. I liked the ones I found funny. I didnt like QB's for example (sorry qb). I don't like that reasoning sk...

It's my reasoning and i don't care if you like it or not.

Nobody has produced anything better yet on the thread, including you so if you can find a better suggestion, entertain me with who and your reasonings i I can like or dislike yours too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Genuinely just some friendly banter ;)

My first inkling alright, but in WW Land the paranoia levels spiked!

I do fear though that you have missed a couple of things in the thread - like my short post last night explaining 'lack of essays'. Also, you seemed to have missed that I made a post around 20 minutes before the post you quoted to say 'and now Stu posts'. That first post of mine (that you might have missed) this afternoon actually quoted you from last night about the 'crossbow bolts = bullets' thing.

As I said, a couple of red flags raised in regards to my thought that 'Wolves don't need to read the game thread', but not as many as Tusk who at the moment is likely going to get my vote tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Quick question, I know not game related it some of you guys have been boards people for a long time.

Is there a help forum or anything similar? Cant seem to find it

talk to.. boards.ie -> help & feedback

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Other than tusk Stu have you any other inklings?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    But....that's kind of the game.

No one knows for sure if you're good or bad, so will poke at your "research" in a bid to see if it holds up or not.

If you're good, other goods don't know and need to test you.
    If you're good, bads will try to pick you apart.
    If you're bad, then of course others will poke holes in your stuff.

very fair. and i'm VERY used to being targeted and poked and prodded and on the chopping block. Very used to it.

But today it's different. I don't know. maybe i'm extra sensitive for some reason, but you're right. and BH you're right. I need to chill and get on with it.

sorry for the flipout. it's not me <3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My first inkling alright, but in WW Land the paranoia levels spiked!

I do fear though that you have missed a couple of things in the thread - like my short post last night explaining 'lack of essays'. Also, you seemed to have missed that I made a post around 20 minutes before the post you quoted to say 'and now Stu posts'. That first post of mine (that you might have missed) this afternoon actually quoted you from last night about the 'crossbow bolts = bullets' thing.

As I said, a couple of red flags raised in regards to my thought that 'Wolves don't need to read the game thread', but not as many as Tusk who at the moment is likely going to get my vote tonight.

Ah yeah, fair enough. Truth be told, I've been at the Doctors all day, and if I told ye with what, you'd think I was messing with a claim :pac:

I'm way, way, way happier with your answer to my friendly banter than I am with a lack of reaction that Drump has given me over the last 24 hours, for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Quick question, I know not game related it some of you guys have been boards people for a long time.

Is there a help forum or anything similar? Cant seem to find it

Mod

Can we keep posts game related please? Dublinandy2 you could ask this in the FG OT Thread rather than in the game

very fair. and i'm VERY used to being targeted and poked and prodded and on the chopping block. Very used to it.

But today it's different. I don't know. maybe i'm extra sensitive for some reason, but you're right. and BH you're right. I need to chill and get on with it.

maybe it's because it's probably the first game i've actually tried to do some work early on. usually i'm lazy and wait til the end.

I'm putting it down to that - lesson learned, i won't be doing any early work in future :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

It's my reasoning and i don't care if you like it or not.

Nobody has produced anything better yet on the thread, including you so if you can find a better suggestion, entertain me with who and your reasonings i I can like or dislike yours too.

Well I know its wrong, but I don't know how to persuade you of that.

I'm going to focus on the NK thanks. I'm not convinced that giving the NK ideas on who we're suspicious of as converts (and hence who they should avoid converting) is a good idea, so I'm keeping my list short right now.

You can tell me why you disagree with the strategy if ya like.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Well I know its wrong, but I don't know how to persuade you of that.

I'm going to focus on the NK thanks. I'm not convinced that giving the NK ideas on who we're suspicious of as converts (and hence who they should avoid converting) is a good idea, so I'm keeping my list short right now.

You can tell me why you disagree with the strategy if ya like.

I like your strategy and I think your points here are very fair.

Only issue I have with it is how we go about attempting to find the Night King.

Catch a convert and we can spend a while trying to work out why they'd be targeted etc.

Now if you had some other info I'd be all ears :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro wrote: »
    She'd probably pick someone she'd enjoy playing with, my thoughts lie with fixxxer at the moment actually.

This is such a slithery guiding of tusk chief. I'm really getting conversion vibes from you now.

Other than tusk Stu have you any other inklings?

Oh, I see you're having a back and forth with Lordie.

I actually think he's quite villagery this time round if I'm completely honest

fixxxer wrote: »
    This is such a slithery guiding of tusk chief. I'm really getting conversion vibes from you now.

It's not really, he asked me a question and I answered. You'll also see you're on my FFA for being exactly what you're accusing me of ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Are you the Night King?

No, I wanted a prize to kill the night king!

If it makes you feel any better I'm nominating you for the Molly award post-game :D

• Advertisement

Catch a convert and we can spend a while trying to work out why they'd be targeted etc.

This is all well and good but if the discussions today have shown us anything, it's that people's reasons for choosing conversion targets are wildly different. I think the fact that NK and right hand have been together from the off might yield us more results.

Mind you I think you're a candidate for right hand so... :D

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    This is all well and good but if the discussions today have shown us anything, it's that people's reasons for choosing conversion targets are wildly different. I think the fact that NK and right hand have been together from the off might yield us more results.

Mind you I think you're a candidate for right hand so... :D

Why, may I ask? You'll think differently when I use my prize :p

Why, may I ask? You'll think differently when I use my prize :p

You seemed quick to dismiss the idea that NK had a pal early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Apart from Necro, did anyone else win a prize from the jousting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Why me for the convert? Curious is all.

Cause that’s who I’d pick. Also I feel a small change in tone from you since 10

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    You seemed quick to dismiss the idea that NK had a pal early on.

Yeah and I updated my thoughts when the OP was updated re: Nightking's faction.

Green&Red wrote: »

Probably yeah, I'm working so trying to juggle calls and post here too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Green&Red wrote: »

Necro wasn’t converted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I like your strategy and I think your points here are very fair.

Only issue I have with it is how we go about attempting to find the Night King.

Now if you had some other info I'd be all ears :D

I just realised that I forgot to tag my ffa cos I'm useless.

Essentially I'm on QB for now. I am worried that I'm tunneling purely cos she called me potential convert. And while I know that's wrong, I cant prove it.

I worry that ted made a potential slip with pronouns.

I'll try and formulate better reasoning tomorrow. Cant get to a comp right now.

#ffa1

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Apart from Necro, did anyone else win a prize from the jousting?

No one has declared it anyways.

Maybe I'm the king of the jousters :pac:

(Unlikely)

Advertisement